Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I guess that's the kind of question that you have to turn into something positive. It would have been better to ask "What is your main weakness?" so you could have said that you're a perfectionist or something.

I guess that's the kind of question that you have to turn into something positive. It would have been better to ask "What is your main weakness?" so you could have said that you're a perfectionist or something.

Or that you're a perfectionist who sometimes is a bit too modest about your own brilliance?

Honestly, I think applications where people write such things are the first to go in the bin.

Unless they over-do it like Bearfan's suggestion, of course.

I answered just stupidly: "there is no reason you shouldn't hire me". I almost answered: "You will only fail to hire me if you don't want the best person for this position." :)

Job Hunt Week - good plan. I've just seen a press officer job I'd really like, although I've a feeling it's a grade or two too high.

Well, the can suck. but I've determined to not anguish over them. Writing a cover letter does take some time, for me, but once I got the base down, I just modify it per job. (lazy, I suppose)

Yeah, I'd agree.

I dunno if it's right or wrong-- I used to modify my resume for each job, to emphasize some things over others to fit the job criteria. Lately, I've tried to just make the best resume I can and use it for each app.

I guess it depends what you're applying for.

Another job I'm very interested in got advertised today. So once this one is done it's straight onto the new one.

Back