Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

When I saw Maiden back in 2000, Queensryche sounded just perfect, but Maiden turned the volume way too loud and didn't turn Bruce's vocals up enough and he was really drowned out.

The drum sound was spectacular from where I was standing though. The guitars were not as distinct, but the sound was acceptable (and the drums sounded very, very good, at my spot anyway). But damn. people are pissed beyond recognition (some claim thousands left). Probably sounded like shit in the back and at the seats.

The guitar sound wasn't very good up where I was, it was hard to separate them except when one of them was soloing. Drums were really good up there.

I do think it is hard to get really great sound in such venues, which are built with a different main purpose (i.e. sports) where acoustics are not equally important. I have not been to any indoor venue with a 20 000+ capacity where the sound has been great. And it wasn't that bad.

1004784_10152064770418957_1152446247_n.jpg

Just got back from seeing Pacific Rim. I went into it not expecting it to be great but it turned out to be awesome! Who would have thought that I'd like watching giant robots fight giant aliens so much. I may be a girl but I do love me some giant robot/alien fighting action every so often. :D

At Stockholm Arrlanda airport. My flight has a 40 minute delay, tired in hyperbolic measures, but looking back at an amazing weekend with a wonderful bunch of people.

At Stockholm Arrlanda airport. My flight has a 40 minute delay, tired in hyperbolic measures, but looking back at an amazing weekend with a wonderful bunch of people.

I hope you commiserated my absence with much alcohol!

I've played War Thunder, it's a bit more flight-sim than World of Warplanes, a decent game and I loved that you can land and such... but something just feels a bit off for me. I certainly find I play better at World of Warplanes!

Back