Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

People on the internet are going completely mental over the sound at the Maiden gig yesterday. A newly built 60 000 capacity arena. It was acceptable where we were standing, but I pity the folks with seats. They need to improve the acoustics. Not just because there is room for improvement, but because it reflects badly on the bands reputation. Hell, one review from Sweden's second largest newspaper gave them three out of five (the last time that happened must've been during the Blaze years), mostly due to the sound.

Note: There were nearly identical complaints after the Bruce Springsteen gigs as well.

I'll post a proper review in the correct thread later.

People on the internet are going completely mental over the sound at the Maiden gig yesterday. A newly built 60 000 capacity arena. It was acceptable where we were standing, but I pity the folks with seats. They need to improve the acoustics. Not just because there is room for improvement, but because it reflects badly on the bands reputation. Hell, one review from Sweden's second largest newspaper gave them three out of five (the last time that happened must've been during the Blaze years), mostly due to the sound.

Note: There were nearly identical complaints after the Bruce Springsteen gigs as well.

I'll post a proper review in the correct thread later.

I hate that, when I lived in San Diego, the Sports Arena where most arena concerts were held had horrible sound .. they spent a ton of money trying various things to make it better. It did get better, but it was never great. Unless you were right up front, the place sounded like crap

it was a mess last night indeed but I still don't know why it was to weird what I posted. It was just a joke really :D But I guess it came out of the blue a bit? Who knows :lol:

The place out here that Maiden usually plays sounds pretty bad too. It's not even a big enough venue to hold their entire production. Bruce even complains about the place whenever they're here. What gets me though is there is an awesome venue called Red Rocks not too far away that Maiden could easily fill up.

That's a shame. I don't know how they can get it so wrong with a brand new build venue when they have so much experience and technology today to get it right.

Makes me wonder how the new Leeds arena is going to turn out. That city has needed a proper venue for so long, but I think they scaled it down because it was costing too much.

The drum sound was spectacular from where I was standing though. The guitars were not as distinct, but the sound was acceptable (and the drums sounded very, very good, at my spot anyway). But damn. people are pissed beyond recognition (some claim thousands left). Probably sounded like shit in the back and at the seats.

Where do you see that everyone is pissed about the sound? Is there like a revolt over at the official forum? :bigsmile:

No, comments section on the Maiden articles at the newspapers websites and Friends arena's Facebook page. Some are kinda stampeding for refunds.

Yup, I'm reading on the Friend's Arena FB page. it must have been really horrible then.... Will be interesting to see what will come out of it, if anything. I can see that Friends Arena is trying to reply to some of it.

Doesn't seem that bad though, most people probably understand (based on FB comments) that it wasn't the band's fault and that this Maiden of Iron (or what's the band called again) actually just performed in a place with bad audio.

Yeah all the hate is directed against the venue. Nothing against the band. The venue seems to put the blame on the promoter and the people/team in charge of the sound. It's just the blaming game going on at the moment :D

Back