Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Fucking nazis put up an election poster just outside my window. And what's worse, it has a guy on it with long hair, black leather jacket and a Nightwish t-shirt.

Damn. Nightwish (and lots of other metalheads) won't like that either I guess.

Is the poster hanging behind a window of your neighbour?

No, it's on the big square on the other side of the street. I can perfectly view it from my desk. It's almost as if they put it there on purpose. Glad to see a poster of the social democrats above it, though. There's elections in Berlin next week, so the entire town is full of posters, most of which are terrible. Only those from the social democrats leave a good impression on me.

They're third in the polls right now, after social democrats and greens. Her coalition partner is likely to lose all their seats in the senate however, which means they will have lost the fourth of five parliaments this year, if I remember correctly. A further blow for the government.

I like elections - particularly when the polls suggest there will be a change. But I really hate it when people don't vote. That bugs me.

Turnout has been declining in my part of the world, maybe one third of the voters don't vote.
It's far worse in the civic elections where 20 to 25 per cent DO vote.
I guess its their democratic right to be apathetic, but it bothers me.

mckindog said:
Turnout has been declining in my part of the world, maybe one third of the voters don't vote.
Similar to us here in the UK. Then they complain that less than 50% of the voters voted for the current govt. Well, duh - what do you expect?

I just had a random memory of Gene Hackman playing Lex Luthor. With hair. That's right, motherfucking hair. I'd like to offer a 31-year-late WHAT THE FUCK.

Everyone's saying I don't have enough responsibility and I listen too much metal, looks like I need to spend more time away from the house.

LooseCannon said:
Just take more responsibility, and show that you can be a responsible metalhead.

Good idea. I'm usually out about doing stuff with the band. Feels weird to be back in my house again.

It's postacular!
http://torrentfreak.com/hurt-locker-lawsuits-hit-canada-isps-ordered-to-reveal-bittorrent-users-110909/
:wtf: I thought Canada didn't have any copyright laws.

All those lawsuits are stupid. Companies are trying to pick a fight with the internet and it's a fight you can't win. Metallica proved that and people still do it.

Mosh said:
All those lawsuits are stupid. Companies are trying to pick a fight with the internet and it's a fight you can't win. Metallica proved that and people still do it.

I know a few people who download music all the time.

And there really isn't that much you can do about it besides give them dirty looks when they do.

angry-face.png

Back