Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Since SMX decided to dissapoint you all, I thought I would go back to the gremlins

And just as a bit of background, that guy in the video used to be in Emperor. ^_^  No, not the goblin! :angry:

Silky said:
Since SMX decided to dissapoint you all, I thought I would go back to the gremlins
Got to admit Silky, after watching the above and actually enjoying it I've dug out my old Emperor stuff and rekindled an old flame. :)

Albie said:
Got to admit Silky, after watching the above and actually enjoying it I've dug out my old Emperor stuff and rekindled an old flame. :)
And that, children, is how Albie came to be a member of the circle of gr1mness of the Maidenfans board. Now off to bed with you, before I summon the evil witch demon lord, Azbathocal who shall tear your spines from 'neath your......etc. :angry:

Hunlord said:
And that, children, is how Albie came to be a member of the circle of gr1mness of the Maidenfans board.
Oh dear, have I really crossed that line? :p

I'm t00 old for th1s. :(

You're never too old to join the circle of gr1mness. ;) Anyway, to celebrate your entry, Please enjoy this gift :)

Oh, and speaking of Emperor, it's nice to check out those old classics again although it's a shame they never topped In The Nightside Eclipse.

I suppose not, after all I wouldn't be that much older than our Chuck - had he still be alive today. But I guess this statement goes beyond the realms of madness and negotiates its way into serious discussion.

Albie said:
I suppose not, after all I wouldn't be that much older than our Chuck - had he still be alive today. But I guess this statement goes beyond the realms of madness and negotiates its way into serious discussion.

Which is why no-one has replied lately.

I was going to post a funny comic from MetalStorm about Chuck (R.I.P.), but unfortunately the site got revamped and the old funny stuff hasn't been added again :(.  Essentialy, the comic goes like this:

For Those Who Fell
(R.I.P. Quothorn, Somnium, Chuck et al)

*Somnium (Finntroll) in a golden hall*
Disembodied voice-Somnium, welcome to....
*Quothorn appears*
Quothorn:...Valhalla!
Somnium: Wow!  Quothorn, of Bathory!  I didn't even know you had died!
Quothorn: Yes, I died three years after you.
Somnium: So how come you're here before me?
Quothorn: Well, they didn't know where to put you after your suicide accident
Somnium: Umm, yeah.  Well, why don't you show me around?
Quothorn: Okay, well that's Odin.  He runs the place.  Over there is Zeus-he comes round to play poker some nights.  That one with the big beard is God
God: I see your eight-legged horse and raise you both my eyes
Odin: That's not funny.
Somnium: Wait a minute!  If God's here, who's running heaven?
Quothorn: Oh, don't worry, that's all taken care of.
*cut to Chuck in heaven*
Chuck: And I would like to thank Jesus for letting me perform like this once more!
Jesus: You named your band Death, Chuck.  Don't say you didn't see it coming.
^_^

And if you don't understand any of this, read the band's histories
Quothorn-Bathory
Somnium-Finntrol
Chuck Schuldiner-Death
In Norse mythology, Odin rode an eight-legged horse (Sleipnir) into battle.  He hung from Yggdrasil (the tree at the centre of the Norse mythological world) for nine days, giving up his eye to gain knowledge. (See also: Amon Amarth - Thousand Years of Oppression ;))

Music: very good. Except...

Vocal: Fucking godawful. What the fuck is wrong with these people? Is it that hard to actually sing, with a real melody, instead of this idiot growling bullshit? They managed to absofuckinglutely RUIN what was otherwise a decent song.

All vocalists who think growling > real singing need to be beat upside the head with a 2x4.

SinisterMinisterX said:

Vocal: Fucking godawful. What the fuck is wrong with these people? Is it that hard to actually sing, with a real melody, instead of this idiot growling bullshit? They managed to absofuckinglutely RUIN what was otherwise a decent song.

All vocalists who think growling > real singing need to be beat upside the head with a 2x4.
Wow!  And I thought I was the only one in this community that hated growling-screaming vocals.

SinisterMinisterX said:

I suppose this would be a bad time to say
'NP: Amon Amarth - Releasing Surtur's Fire'? :-[
And while I'm on it, I personally don't think it's possible to make a Viking-themed song sound so much like a euphemism... ^_^

SneakySneaky said:
Wow!  And I thought I was the only one in this community that hated growling-screaming vocals.
There is an element of "acquired taste" with a lot of this music. Some of it I'm not overly keen on but some, I truly enjoy - 6 Foot Under, as an example, have done some good stuff.

Back