Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Perun

Περούν Παντοκράτωρ
Staff member
Perun said:
A friend told me today that she's pregnant.

An odd feeling to hear that from one of your peers.

Still feeling odd. I mean, I'm now in the age where people are starting to become parents.
 

Albie

Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.
Wasted CLV said:
At work, on break, watching "The IT Crowd"

Kinda funny.
Are we talking about the UK sit-com? It is quite good and it almost sums up what I do.
 

Wästed The Great

Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude
Staff member
@ Albie- we are talkin about the same thing!! Its quite humorous - "did you try turning it off and on?"

That's pretty much what I do too.

@Travis: home of the Chiefs!
 

Abas

Jester with no tears
LooseCannon said:
I'm in the midst of a hiatus from the Undertaker forum I moderate.

Oh

Which one, the PhenomForever one? Please link :D

Speaking of The Undertaker, who would you like him to face at the coming WrestleMania?
 

____no5

The Angel Of The Odd
Perun said:
Still feeling odd. I mean, I'm now in the age where people are starting to become parents.

You still have some time, 5 -10 years. Some people become parents in 18, some in 40, some never. Being 35, I passed and I pass through a lot of shocks /tests like this. All the old friends got married, had children and I felt sometimes like 'what the fuck I'm doing'. The big wave when every year was 5 marriages, has passed though.
But all these are projections finally. One has a vision for his life, which normally is unique, so must be his life. Children no children, family or not, is this really the matter for you? This is what you need to answer to yourself. Forget what the other do, this is your life.


ps: coincidence? I'm listening to Curtains Lp -Tindersticks. 1997. I've never saw her or spoke to her since then, but this album brings her in mind every time I listen to it, still. I learn that she has 3 kids, the biggest is 10 years old.
 

Perun

Περούν Παντοκράτωρ
Staff member
You're right, thanks for those words, 5. I'm currently thinking that it is a realistic goal to be in the position of sustaining a family in five years, I'll be 30 by then. I'm not really worried, it just puts everything I do in perspective.

In other news, I'm really high on caffein right now. I'm on my fourth cup of coffee, and I'm starting to feel dizzy. Time to eat something, I guess. On the other hand, I have to get this bloody bibliography done. It's no fun at all. :(
 

Genghis Khan

Ancient Mariner
Wasted CLV said:
@ Albie- we are talkin about the same thing!! Its quite humorous - "did you try turning it off and on?"

That's pretty much what I do too.

A friend got me watching a few episodes.  I agree it is quite good.
 

Mega

Ancient Mariner
Watched the new Harry Potter movie.

I have to say, I was really surprised with how good it was compared to the other movies in the series.
After the fifth and sixth books/movies I lost my interest in HP all together, but this one was actually not bad.
Made me kinda sad seeing everyone make out though.

Anyway, now I'm pondering whether I should read the book or wait for part 2, cause if part 2 is made as good as part 1, I think I want to end the story with it.
 

Genghis Khan

Ancient Mariner
Mega said:
Watched the new Harry Potter movie.

I have to say, I was really surprised with how good it was compared to the other movies in the series.
After the fifth and sixth books/movies I lost my interest in HP all together, but this one was actually not bad.
Made me kinda sad seeing everyone make out though.

Anyway, now I'm pondering whether I should read the book or wait for part 2, cause if part 2 is made as good as part 1, I think I want to end the story with it.

I thought it was pretty good, though I did not get a couple of the things. 
 

Perun

Περούν Παντοκράτωρ
Staff member
This is actually quite sad. I'm a bit tipsy, but I left this party early because I want to have a good night's sleep and still be in the library tomorrow at around 1 PM. Thing is, I'm on a roll with my bachelor's thesis - I'm actually developing a topic right now - and want to get done with all this asap.
 

Mega

Ancient Mariner
So guys, where can I meet girls? I tries several bars, and either I have extremely bad luck or girls just don't go to bars anymore.
I guess a dance club is the place, but it's a sucky place to pick up chicks. Too noisy, and the girls are usually, well you know.
 
Top