• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 28
Rare pic! #KillerCrewContent

Attachments

• 311440832_667965921362425_1422659296417729279_n.jpg
    311440832_667965921362425_1422659296417729279_n.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
Don't know if we had anyone at the Greensboro show from last night, but pictures coming in from Maiden's Twitter looks like the upper deck looked quite full. Looked rather vacant on Ticketmaster a couple weeks ago.
I wanted to make that show but couldn't. Yes, the upper deck seemed to fill out quite nicely.

Don't know if we had anyone at the Greensboro show from last night, but pictures coming in from Maiden's Twitter looks like the upper deck looked quite full. Looked rather vacant on Ticketmaster a couple weeks ago.
I was at the show- on floor in GA and it seemed very full! Great energy- but on the floor it’s hard to get an idea of how full the place is- but when I looked back I was very impressed at how much it filled up! I was concerned a week or so ago at the possibility of a weak showing.

Here the one picture I took of that.

As for the show! Great energy! The band seemed to be having fun- the crowd was really into it. As said before- I wonder if the end of this leg has the fellas in good spirits.

No silly ‘unwoke’ comment like in Columbus before Blood Brothers- this time it was far more ‘we are one happy family’ and it was great.

Did Bruce hit every note? Not sure- I was too busy singing along to hear him. Did the trio trade solos? IDK- just jumping and rocking out. So I don’t have a ton of specifics- just Maiden being Maiden and rocking the doors off.

The spitfire was fully inflated and had a working propeller lol.

Just a great show! Very glad I hit the tour one last time- now the wait for more announcements from the next go around.

Attachments

• 5A0BCC8D-3D46-41A7-9BED-8299EB1EEDFA.jpeg
    5A0BCC8D-3D46-41A7-9BED-8299EB1EEDFA.jpeg
    816.1 KB · Views: 40
Watched a few tour videos now and I'm reasonably sure the performance I saw is in the top 10% of performances from the tour. Bruce was in pretty good nick all night and no major flubs around the music (other than Janick being a total dork at the end of Iron Maiden).

Watched a few tour videos now and I'm reasonably sure the performance I saw is in the top 10% of performances from the tour. Bruce was in pretty good nick all night and no major flubs around the music (other than Janick being a total dork at the end of Iron Maiden).
Judging from recent live videos they are in absolute top form at the moment. By far the best they have sounded this year.

Yeah, it was a great performance, probably my second or third favourite of my ten times. The setlist being really fun was good too.

I know people liked the first LOTB setlist a lot but I saw that show twice and I have zero memory of hearing The Wicker Man, so there was definitely flow problems.

Tomorrow night is the final show of the Legacy of the Beast tour. Obviously we don't know all of the band's future plans, but I wonder how many of these songs will never again be played live?

I'd imagine that tomorrow would be the last time they play "Sign of the Cross" and "The Clansman". I hope they continue to play material from the Blaze Bayley era, but it's hard to imagine they'll play these two lengthy songs on future tours. (My guess is, if they ever play another song from these two albums, it would be "Futureal" and/or "Lord of the Flies").

"Revelations" and "Flight of Icarus" were both well-received and were important parts of the setlist. My guess is it'll be unlikely, but not impossible, for these to be played again. (From the first leg of the tour, I'd guess we're never going to see "Where Eagles Dare" or "For the Greater Good of God" again).

I wonder if "Senjutsu" and "Stratego" will be played on next year's tour. (The consensus seems to be they'll play "Writing on the Wall", "The Time Machine", "Days of Futures Past", "Hell on Earth", and one other Harris epic - which likely wouldn't leave them time to play either of the first two songs). We likely would have gotten a dedicated album tour if not for the pandemic, but I won't complain about seeing 7 of the songs live.

For what we probably know is that the song "Iron Maiden" will stay in the set as it has always been there.
It will be the last song of the main set in the last show..followed by encores.
Nope, I don't want to think about this yet..had to mention it though.

I think the only ones that'll make a return besides the obvious must plays are Blood Brothers at some point and Aces High if they do a farewell tour of sorts. Stratego and TWoTW will be back for next year.

Tomorrow night is the final show of the Legacy of the Beast tour. Obviously we don't know all of the band's future plans, but I wonder how many of these songs will never again be played live?
I don't think they will play Where Eagles Dare (there is a small chance though), The Clansman, Sign Of The Cross (two long songs from the Blaze era), For The Greater Good Of God, The Wicker Man (because it seems is not so easy song for Nicko) and Stratego (difficult song for Nicko, like the SIT songs) again. I'm not sure about The Evil That Men Do and Run To The Hills (difficult songs for Bruce), but they most likely belong to the category below.

I can see them playing Aces High again as a concert opener (but it's a very difficult song), while Blood Brothers, Flight Of Icarus, Revelations and The Writing On The Wall would be easy and welcomed additions to any set. Senjutsu could be played next year, but I'm not 100% sure because they want to play more new songs. All other regular classics from both legs are in this category.

Last edited:
Not sure if Aces High will be played again. It was featured on 4 different tours since the reunion and had its run. At the same time, it's not getting any easier to perform. I'd be more than okay with letting it go.

Not sure if Aces High will be played again. It was featured on 4 different tours since the reunion and had its run. At the same time, it's not getting any easier to perform. I'd be more than okay with letting it go.
There's also the matter of "how do you top this?" They did the song with an inflatable fucking Spitfire hovering above them on stage, I don't think you really can make it any more special. It feels like a pretty good sendoff to one their best openers, even if on this last leg it kind of felt like it was limping along for most of the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back