LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to say goodbye then to The Legacy tour. I missed it in 18 and 19, regret missing 18 since everyone loved it. Was gonna go in 20 but had to wait then til 22 due to the virus. Strange years. But it was worth the wait. I thought the 22 Legacy was awesome and im really happy about it.

About the songs then. I also think Clansman and Sign of the Cross will go away. Dont think there will be any Blaze songs next year.
Flight of Icarus, Aces High, Revelations, Blood Brothers will also go I think. That leaves us with 6 classics. Trooper, Hills, Hallowed, Fear, Maiden and Beast. Will all of them stay? I hope atleast one of those songs go.

I do think they will drop both Senjutsu and Stratego. Writing will stay. There will be to many Senjutsu tracks if they keep two or three of those, and it wont be as fun hearing them again, makes more sense to drop them. Keep Writing, ad Days of Future, Hell on Earth and two more of the ones that has not been played.

Have 5 Senjutsu, 5 SIT and 5 classics. 15 song set for next year. Should be great

Let's drum chat about chatting about drums. I have questions. Or just a question: For those of you who caught this leg of the tour, how is Nicko handling the ridiculous bass drum parts of The Trooper and other faster songs? I'm listening to my Death On The Road LP and Nicko's drumming is fucking amazing on this album. Are they still playing this tempo/complexity? Is it just the encores that are missing speed, or are they slowing down across the board and simplifying all the drum parts?

I can't speak much to the drum playing per se, it's not really something I notice unless there are obvious mistakes. Songs are a touch slower now, that I do notice.

But the one thing I did notice when I saw them in DC last week is just how incredibly amazing his new drums sound. I honestly can't recall a time where the drums sounded this punchy and hefty live with Maiden. It's possible I just never noticed it before but last week was Maiden show 29 for me. Not sure if this is down to a new kit or the sound or what but I was seriously blown away by how they sounded.

I can't speak much to the drum playing per se, it's not really something I notice unless there are obvious mistakes. Songs are a touch slower now, that I do notice.

But the one thing I did notice when I saw them in DC last week is just how incredibly amazing his new drums sound. I honestly can't recall a time where the drums sounded this punchy and hefty live with Maiden. It's possible I just never noticed it before but last week was Maiden show 29 for me. Not sure if this is down to a new kit or the sound or what but I was seriously blown away by how they sounded.
This is likely Pooch's work behind the desk. He's a VERY good mixer.

This is likely Pooch's work behind the desk. He's a VERY good mixer.
I've LOVED Nicko's drum sound this whole tour. The drums had a good weight to them but wouldn't completely dominate over everything else in the mix. Toms sound better with a more dry feel rather than the cannon-y reverb they had going for them on the Book of Souls tour.

And great sounding drums! Nicko probably has a brilliant drum tech as well.
That's true. But Charlie has been with Nicko since 2003, I think. Also Nicko used Sonors for TBOS and 1st legs of LOTB, but the sound improved immensely on LOTB. Especially drums.

So, that leaves one difference. Pooch. Who is absolutely amazing.

One last event shirt for this tour - Tampa!

It's cool to see Senjutsu (or Bruce lol) and Trooper Eddies without costumes haha. Nicko is the chef! Why DOD Eddie is invited to the party? There is no song from this album in the setlist. The barbecue will be ready in no time with FOI Eddie. :lol: The sword, golf clubs and Spitfire's propeller are nice details.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 52
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 46

It's cool to see Senjutsu (or Bruce lol) and Trooper Eddies without costumes haha. Nicko is the chef! Why DOD Eddie is invited to the party? There is no song from this album in the setlist. The barbecue will be ready in no time with FOI Eddie. :lol: The sword, golf clubs and Spitfire's propeller are nice details.
That might end up a collectors item.

Florida man spotted!

Let's drum chat about chatting about drums. I have questions. Or just a question: For those of you who caught this leg of the tour, how is Nicko handling the ridiculous bass drum parts of The Trooper and other faster songs? I'm listening to my Death On The Road LP and Nicko's drumming is fucking amazing on this album. Are they still playing this tempo/complexity? Is it just the encores that are missing speed, or are they slowing down across the board and simplifying all the drum parts?
Nicko was indeed amazing during the DOD tour - one of his best tours! During LOTB 22 is slightly slower in some songs (not only in the encores, but mostly there) and in some nights, but Trooper still sounds great. The other fast songs (most of them are in the second half of the set) were with a good tempo throughout the tour. For complexity, I'm not sure but I guess so.

That shirt is clearly a hint towards Maiden’s eighteenth studio album, Lost in a Florida World, featuring such songs as “The Writing on the Swamp”, “Daze of Dumb Laws Passed”, and “The Crocodile”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back