LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Maiden will release a concert video from the current leg of LOTB tour...

1) it's possible: because of the Senjutsu stage set (that won't be used next year) and if they don't play Senjutsu/Stratego next year (TWOTW will stay).

2) maybe not: because they will surely release a concert video from TFP tour and that way we'll have some of the Senjutsu songs on video.

Dunno. If they release something from LOTB tour, I still think it will be from the 2018/2019 legs of the tour - it's the original setlist of the tour, after all. It will be sad if LOTB tour is without a concert release. Spectacular show!

They can always release a concert video from 2018 and have the 3 Senjutsu songs as bonus videos to the release. Yeah, we have the Rock In Rio pro-shot videos for them, but the footage is not good. That's why the recent live video of Stratego should have been like the Flight Of Icarus video from 2018... a missed opportunity.

I wonder if Maiden will release a concert video from the current leg of LOTB tour...

I am afraid that we will not have video release of this tour.

For sure they were planning to record it but it seems that cancelled covid leg was missed chance.

First two legs were amazing but during last I think they got lost. Firstly, terrible live album, then confused half Senjtusu, half Legacy tour. With Senjtusu stage set being miles behind from other Maiden stage sets.

Setlist for last leg was also strange, this leg od LOBT was fantastic opportunity to play full NOTB + 3 Senjutsu plus few classic song.

And this year they were talking about Senjutsu tour, even playing it in full, then few months of silence and now Hybrid tour.

And already they announced new tour, maybe too soon? With proper video trailer.

Fun fact that they mess up video albums of two most ambitious tours in terms of stage sets at the time SOT & LOBT.

For sure they were planning to record it but it seems that cancelled covid leg was missed chance.

First two legs were amazing but during last I think they got lost. Firstly, terrible live album, then confused half Senjtusu, half Legacy tour.

And this year they were talking about Senjutsu tour, even playing it in full, then few months of silence and now Hybrid tour.

And already they announced new tour, maybe too soon? With proper video trailer.

Fun fact that they mess up video albums of two most ambitious tours in terms of stage sets at the time SOT & LOBT.
Their plan was indeed to film some shows in 2020, but I'm sure they have from 2018.

The live album was more or less a bonus, so I think they can still release a video from the tour (like Live Chapter). The half Senjutsu, half Legacy tour (with the new stage set) makes sense now with the announced hybrid tour. And we know Maiden are planning a few years ahead. It seems the band want to release another new album sooner (in 2025) rather than later (2026-).

The idea of playing Senjutsu in full live was before the start of the 2022 tour and they didn't know the reaction to the new songs.

The fact that they announced a new tour (maybe too soon) with a video trailer does not prevent them from releasing a video from the previous tour after it's over (remember how DOTR concert video was released in 2006, live album in 2005, and the concert was in 2003). But it's strange.

Plus we have 2 live streamed concerts from 2019 and 2022 (for the first time?) and maybe they will not bother with an official release, so I'm not sure.

Just got home from the Toronto show. It was my 7th time seeing the band, and perhaps my best concert experience so far.

I won first to the barrier (but was towards the back of that group). I ended up getting 2nd row, to the right of centre. Janick was there 90% of the time, and Harris was there half the time. I've been front row centre seeing Harris perform with British Lion, but this was even better. I'm exhausted from being on my feet for seven hours, and my voice is hoarse, but it was worth it.

It looked like the venue was about 90% sold out. The crowd was energetic (but respectful - there was hardly any shoving, aside from during "Aces High", and a brief fight nearby during HbtN). The last time I was on the floor (2017 in Philadelphia), it was much rougher. I met several people around me, all of whom had been travelin' on, far and wide to be here. (If Florian from Germany, his friend from Mexico whose name I unfortunately can't recall, or the couple from Athens is reading this, it's nice to have met you).

Heading into the show, I had lowered my expectations. There's been a fair amount of negative feedback earlier in the thread, and I wondered if they would lose interest in the current material with next year's tour already announced. I should have known better. All six members of the band did great. Dickinson sounded fantastic, and whatever issues he may have had earlier in the year appear to have been resolved. The tempo on the final two songs was a bit slower, but otherwise no issues. Most importantly, all six of them looked like they were having fun.

The reception to three songs from "Senjutsu" was positive. In general, I could have done without another round of the Legacy of the Beast setlist, but I try to put a positive spin on it. This was another chance to hear several of their best songs ("Sign of the Cross", "The Clansman", "Revelations") - which might never get played again after this tour wraps up in two weeks. (Also - Within Temptation did well as the opening act. I'm not sure if I'd pay to see them again, but they were entertaining for 40 minutes).

Time for five or six hours of sleep, and then onto seeing them for the 8th time in Hamilton tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Bet they would have if they'd got the chance. No frills being imported from France during the Battle of Britain, sadly.

That's not the first time this has happened on the US tour. Rod needs to give local security a bollocking.

I was at the Hamilton show last night. It was a great concert (how could it not be?), but I enjoyed the Toronto show a lot more. That's probably due to my tickets (I was at the barrier on Tuesday, and had a seat yesterday - and although it was a really good seat, it just wasn't the same experience).

The crowd seemed to be much more energetic in Toronto. Maybe that's partly due to my location, but I think it's more than that. Dickinson repeatedly tried to get the crowd into it, and he seemed frustrated as the show went on. Almost nobody in my section was singing along (even to the biggest hits) - let alone jumping around (aside from myself and a woman behind me). A number of sections in the venue remained unsold and several partly-sold sections were closed (consolidating them into other parts of the venue).

On the other hand, no complaints about the band's energy level (playing their 2nd show in as many nights). If I'm nitpicking, Gers had one noticeable flub on "Blood Brothers", but that's it.

I like "Senjutsu" more after hearing it twice. Played live, it's thunderous in a way that wasn't really captured on the album. The lyrics also make a great rallying call. (In Toronto, lyrics like "Hold the great wall" were quite literal, in reference to me trying to keep one hand on the barrier). Still, I don't think it was a good choice for the opening song. Unlike "If Eternity Should Fail" (which is essentially the same length), there isn't much variation in the tempo, and more than eight minutes of a steady mid-tempo groove isn't the best way to open the night.

Dickinson noted that the band played in Hamilton once before (at the same venue), back in 1998. He, of course, wasn't with the band at that time. Based on the audience's reaction and the fair number of unsold tickets, I'd be surprised if they return to Hamilton again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back