LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is there to see other than Bruce sounding terrible?
Think this was one of the best from this leg of the tour, although I have been saying his age has been showing for years now. Obviously not 2008-2009 level, but this is good enough for me (although most performances of this song haven't been good enough this time around, so they should drop it).

I also wanted to say that anyone complaining about Aces High at the end of the set should probably stop talking. It’s amazing and I kinda hope that it stays there next year. What a great idea that was!
I was surprised how awesome of a concert closer is Aces High, but it's not good for Bruce's voice. As he said, this is one of the most challenging songs for him to sing live. He is doing very good with it (and not only) so far during this US leg of the tour (and earlier during the tour) and had good performance in 2019 and great ones in 2018 (his voice was amazing back then, at 2008 or even 2000 level). Some of the performances were not good, but I think he also wants to save his voice. Bruce is still a ''beast'' live! I'm sure he will sound even better next year.

As for the guy who rushed the stage… I was Row A lower bowl. I saw some cops with that guy shortly thereafter off kind of behind the stage. So no, I’m guessing he was either just thrown out or possibly arrested.
But that guy was fortunately harmless. Recently I witnessed (not at a Maiden concert) someone in the front row groping the frontman between the legs. He did a good job of getting rid of the hand without interruptin too much his sequence of slow dramatic movements that he always makes at that point. :help2:

I was surprised how awesome of a concert closer is Aces High, but it's not good for Bruce's voice. As he said, this is one of the most challenging songs for him to sing live. He is doing very good with it (and not only) so far during this US leg of the tour (and earlier during the tour) and had good performance in 2019 and great ones in 2018 (his voice was amazing back then, at 2008 or even 2000 level). Some of the performances were not good, but I think he also wants to save his voice. Bruce is still a ''beast'' live! I'm sure he will sound even better next year.
Quite sad they didn't release anything of the 2018 leg of LOTB. Probably their best tour in a while when you take into account setlist, performance and stage show.

C'mon lads, you both know why they are completing 2020 tour dates in 2022.
Yes, of course. True. But that's only one part of the truth.
Another part of the truth is that to me they seem terribly tired and exhausted.
Of course their shows are great and they handle it all professionally (why wouldn't they?!), but something is really different this time.

Quite sad they didn't release anything of the 2018 leg of LOTB. Probably their best tour in a while when you take into account setlist, performance and stage show.
LOTB tour (stage set, performances and maybe setlist) will remain one of the highlights of Maiden's career. Especially the 2018 leg.

They still can release a concert video from 2018 in YouTube (the 2019 live album was more or less a ''fast'' bonus released in the middle of the tour), but I'm not sure because the video and the live album will not be from the same concert/s.* I still believe in that (and for the album tour next year) because of the great reactions and the massive production.

*although the live albums from 1993 are without a concert video and LAD '92 was supposed to be only a concert video without a live album (according to Steve).
Of course their shows are great and they handle it all professionally (why wouldn't they?!), but something is really different this time.
How can they be tired and exhausted and the shows to be still great? They still sound great so late in their career. Something different? 2 years without touring? You know the reason why this tour is so long and besides, their original plan was the tour to have 3 legs. The new album is 1 year old and that's odd, but they play songs from it, right. And they can use this final leg of LOTB as a sort of 1st leg of the album tour so that the album tour will be only 1 leg (next year) and thus they will be able to enter the next stage of their career sooner - next album or another Hits tour.

And they can use this final leg of LOTB as a sort of 1st leg of the album tour so that the album tour will be only 1 leg (next year) and thus they will be able to enter the next stage of their career sooner - next album or another Hits tour.

I'll be genuinely angry if the tour right after the 23 tour is another hits tour. LOTB is one, and even ignoring the pandemic, went for far too long. I'm really not a fan of tours having three legs, so I just want a Senjutsu tour and after that something interesting.

I'll be genuinely angry if the tour right after the 23 tour is another hits tour. LOTB is one, and even ignoring the pandemic, went for far too long. I'm really not a fan of tours having three legs, so I just want a Senjutsu tour and after that something interesting.
I agree. I think History/Hits tours should be 1 or at most 2 legs. Something interesting? You mean the next album, right? But what if they do a 2nd leg of the Senjutsu tour in 2024... I wouldn't be surprised.

The only classic tours worth doing imo are: a 90's themed tour, a modern SIT tour or Reunion-era tour again.

Well, they are 3 years older since they last toured. Even though they had a month gap the are playing more dates this year since at least the Maiden England tour in 2014 (that’s as far as I went back).

I agree. I think History/Hits tours should be 1 or at most 2 legs. Something interesting? You mean the next album, right? But what if they do a 2nd leg of the Senjutsu tour in 2024... I wouldn't be surprised.

The only classic tours worth doing imo are: a 90's themed tour, a modern SIT tour or Reunion-era tour again.
I would super happy if they would do World Slavery Tour again. Aces High can be replaced with Be Quick or Be Dead (as Infinite Dreams was replaced with Afraid To Shoo Strangers) :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back