LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the livestream last night, and honestly it wasn't as terrible as some are making it out to be in my opinion. In fact, I'd say it was really good for the most part.

Bruce struggled at times because he's clearly sick, and he definitely struggled in the encores because of that.

I wasn't able to listen to Aces High last night because the broadcast I was watching didn't show it, but based on the previously posted video it could've been better.

All that to say, I still think the band sounded fantastic as a whole through most of the night.

The band was fine, no doubt. I'm not worried about the three amigos and Harris and I'm only worried about Nicko because of his age, but his performances have been consistent.

But come on... Bruce's performance wasn't good. From TWOTW on, I thought he would completely lose his voice at any time. He was struggling on most of songs that needed his high register (some parts of Senjutsu, Stratego, TWOTW, FOI, HBTN, The Trooper, RTTH and Aces High). That's more than 50% of the show.

You can say he was sick but at the moment it is just speculation from our part. The fact is: if you take a look at the previous tours (from Maiden England to all 18 legs of LOTB, you will find that he has very good performances from the beginning to the middle of the tour. The final parts, however, have been way less consistent. And that's exactly what to expect from someone who's 64 years old and is touring since may singing the trooper and aces high (!) on the encore.

Sick or not, the setlists choices and the amount of shows have been telling us since the beginning that this tour could not end very well for our favorite singer of all time.

His decline as a singer post lockdown is particularly striking. He sounded awesome in 2018, not so much for the most part of the 2019 leg, but I could not have anticipated the drop in quality we are witnessing this year.
No, I don't agree with that. There was no continuous drop in the quality of his voice within that period.

His voice was better in timbre and more secure this year than in the past 5 or so years; it seems it has healed a lot indeed. The timing issues seem relatively new though. @Cain, your concept of “give it all as if there’s no tomorrow” doesn’t work for singers.
I also thought he was very good and in control of his voice during many performances in Europe.

Post cancer Bruce seems to get ill more often. …
That's the explanation that best fits the facts. He definitely had some bad nights and I also have the impression that he was sick there.

….

"Simple" things to do next tour:

1) Down-tuning;
2) Choose carefully the songs (not stupid choices like aces high as last song);
3) Consider about making the setlist a little shorter (13 or 14 songs);
4) Consider about making less shows;
5) Maybe ask Bruce to stop running around (at least just a little bit), because he isn't 25 years old anymore.

1) I don’t think it necessarily is a simple solution. Keys matter. It depends on the song. Songs that I know very well can sound odd to me and like having a different vibe when I hear them tuned down live.

5) Not sure. I remember a high energy performance this year where I had to sit very still on a chair. It felt like torture. But I'm not a singer and I'm not Bruce. Wouldn't he automatically do what feels best for him?

Him and Rod made the setlist
I don’t know who decide to include a second encore with Aces High
I think they should have kept the original format with "Aces High" as an opener and put the three 'Senjutsu' songs as closers for the encore. "The Writing On The Wall" would have been perfect to close the show and the 'Senjutsu' chapter as the animated video for this song is closed with a nuclear explosion, to announce the end of all, and here the end of the show... For that, they could have kept the dolby atmos mix with the sound of the explosion. :)

I'm going to paraphrase myself from earlier this year here: the new songs being the encore would ensure half the audience is just gone after Iron Maiden ends, would be a total letdown since they're not at all high energy and wouldn't work anyway because Stratego is nearly too much for Nicko as the second song, let alone as the second-to-last tune they play. No, they should've just not fucking done the Senjutsu realm at all.

Play TWOTW, maybe Stratego if they can fit it somewhere in the set, otherwise keep the basic structure and the "realms" from the original LOTB set intact. Aces High as the opener, etc. We'd not be having this conversation about Bruce struggling with the song since it'd be right at the start and at worst he'd be a little off due to a cold or whatever.

But not so much to end the show with your singer unable to hit the notes!
They have never taken that into account. It's a bit weird because I think Bruce has done Tears of the Dragon tuned down (I think, maybe someone with a better ear can double check) with Roy Z and Tribuzy, so he doesn't seem to be against it.

They have never taken that into account. It's a bit weird because I think Bruce has done Tears of the Dragon tuned down (I think, maybe someone with a better ear can double check) with Roy Z and Tribuzy, so he doesn't seem to be against it.

If I remember correctly, that version of Tears of the Dragon was tuned down, but Bruce cockily proclaimed in the Chris Jericho podcast that he could sing the Maiden songs in the original key.

I’ve seen Bruce suffering with Senjutsu. Maybe they have been canceled some shows to rest the voice, plan another more comfortable setlist ir make less shows. I’m afraid he can break his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back