LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some other videos from the show in Rio.

The things that I don't like on the last Maiden tours are the back vocals. The lines of Bruce and those of the choristers (Steve and Adrian) are totally dissonant. Result : "Run To The Hills", among other songs, is completely inaudible. I have an earache... :facepalm:

Btw, Bruce has new shoes.

I guess it took him a long process to apply for them at the management, supposedly he had to fill out form sheets and hand them in at Rod's mobile tour admin office. Possibly he handed in all the papers during the Scandinavian leg already, and now finally he got permission for a long needed pair of new shoes.

Last edited:
He was pretty good at Download. The biggest issues now are not down-tuning, stubbornness and poor choice of songs. Stick to songs where Bruce can sing in a lower register or alter existing songs easily for his lower voice.

Agreed.

"Simple" things to do next tour:

1) Down-tuning;
2) Choose carefully the songs (not stupid choices like aces high as last song);
3) Consider about making the setlist a little shorter (13 or 14 songs);
4) Consider about making less shows;
5) Maybe ask Bruce to stop running around (at least just a little bit), because he isn't 25 years old anymore.

If they don't do that at least half of that, then they will become something they said they wouldn't: a parody of themselves.

If Bruce is going to keep sounding this painfully bad i might have to give the upcoming shows a miss, this is not how i want to remember a maiden show :(

You know... since I became a maiden fan, I attended to maiden shows every time they came to Brazil since 2010 - even when I had cash problems. This time I skipped Legacy of the Beast World Tour, because of the following reasons:

1) Same tour + basically the same setlist;
2) Poor choice of songs, which made me 100% sure that Bruce wouldn't be able to handle it.

Yesterday I watched the whole show from home and I saw I was right (unfortunately). I don't want to have 'bad live memories' from maiden. I really hope they stop being so stubborn next tour.

Agreed.

"Simple" things to do next tour:

1) Down-tuning;
2) Choose carefully the songs (not stupid choices like aces high as last song);
3) Consider about making the setlist a little shorter (13 or 14 songs);
4) Consider about making less shows;
5) Maybe ask Bruce to stop running around (at least just a little bit), because he isn't 25 years old anymore.

If they don't do that at least half of that, then they will become something they said they wouldn't: a parody of themselves.
I fully agree with all these point.

19 years ago, the band said they would do shorter tours and concentrate on bigger venues. They did this for a while but abandoned the idea after the success of the SBIT tour. They need to go back to this approach. Tour 2-3 months a year and modify the set to help.

I watched the livestream last night, and honestly it wasn't as terrible as some are making it out to be in my opinion. In fact, I'd say it was really good for the most part.

Bruce struggled at times because he's clearly sick, and he definitely struggled in the encores because of that.

I wasn't able to listen to Aces High last night because the broadcast I was watching didn't show it, but based on the previously posted video it could've been better.

All that to say, I still think the band sounded fantastic as a whole through most of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back