LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twickenham was the first show I went to as a 14 year old lad. Unless I'm mistaken Bruce actually said onstage it was one of the most fun shows he'd ever played. I did notice some empty seats but he didn't say anything. He said 'the vibe wasn't right' or something similar in his autobiography. Anyway, I was blown away. It was my first Maiden show and I had no idea what the setlist was!

Aren't arenas and stadiums the same?

There is no clear-cut legal definition, but as a rule of thumb, arenas are usually way smaller indoor venues as opposed to much bigger outdoor stadiums. Twickenham has a capacity of 80,000. The O2 Arena, Maiden's current residence in London, one of 20,000. It's a huge difference, and contrary to what people on this board tend to believe, Maiden just aren't big enough for a stadium tour and never have been.

When they announced Wanda Metropolitan in Madrid 2018 My first thought was what the hell are they thinking because I thought that it was too much for Maiden to fill a stadium with close to 60000 tickets of 100 € and at the end it was sold out. It was surprised me to be honest. But I doubt they will do it again

There is no clear-cut legal definition, but as a rule of thumb, arenas are usually way smaller indoor venues as opposed to much bigger outdoor stadiums. Twickenham has a capacity of 80,000. The O2 Arena, Maiden's current residence in London, one of 20,000. It's a huge difference, and contrary to what people on this board tend to believe, Maiden just aren't big enough for a stadium tour and never have been.

Correct, they can play the odd stadium here and there in certain territories but not a whole tour.

There's also different categories of stadiums, Twickenham just happens to be the 4th biggest in Europe, so at the very, very top in terms of capacity.

I've noticed that the acoustic guitar for ''Writing On The Wall'' is on the stage during the whole song (although it is used only for the intro) - the other such cases were for ''The Book Of Souls'', for ''Out Of The Shadows'', for ''The Legacy'' and for ''Wasting Love'', ofc.

Steve looks tired and far from being motivated when talking about this 3rd leg of LOTB Tour. The other guys are more joyful, especially Bruce, Nicko and Dave. Adrian and Janick seem more shy than usual. :blink:
Remember he's doing some British Lion dates, too. Or he could have been just tired that day, something that happens to all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back