LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching a few videos from the last few weeks and Nicko seems a little off this time around, seems to be missing some of his usual swing

Warsaw was great, loved the show. The band seemed happy and full of life, the overall performance was great. Bruce was just phenomenal, he's unbelievable... What a voice STILL. The stage design looked spectacular and the 3 new songs + The Sign of the Cross are the highlights for me. The latter worked great as the sort of epic centerpiece of the set.

It was my first time ever in the stands, so the view wasn't ideal (pocket binoculars helped a bit). I was straight in front of the stage, so it was the longest distance, but at least I saw all the lights and effects the way they're meant to be looked at. And since I've never been in such spot before, I have nothing to compare the sound to - I could hear Bruce and solos crystal clear, but rhythm guitars were muddy for the most part. I guess that's understandable, it was a difficult space. One disappointment: I wouldn't call my sector "dead", but I thought most of us would at least stand up to react more lively. Instead, it was more like cinema. Again, though, it was my first time in the stands so I don't know how it usually goes. But there were 3 dudes nearby who looked like they were literally having the most cathartic experience of their lives during The Sign of the Cross, so there's that!

Anyway, it was truly special to see my beloved band with such an amazing spectacle and performance this late in their career, at a really nice venue and in great atmosphere. Fantastic night.

1658791393500.png

One disappointment: I wouldn't call my sector "dead", but I thought most of us would at least stand up to react more lively. Instead, it was more like cinema. Again, though, it was my first time in the stands so I don't know how it usually goes. But there were 3 dudes nearby who looked like they were literally having the most cathartic experience of their lives during The Sign of the Cross, so there's that!

Anyway, it was truly special to see my beloved band with such an amazing spectacle and performance this late in their career, at a really nice venue and in great atmosphere. Fantastic night.

View attachment 21320
I know there are still a lot of audiences that go hard (South America for instance) but I just turned 57 and I just can't rock out like I did back in the day any more. Doesn't mean I enjoy it any less. I appreciate it even more, actually.

Well I’ve been dissapointed why Nicko doesn’t play the intro of Senjutsu… come on man it’s only 2 drums beats :facepalm:
He explains himself why he can't play the intro of "Senjutsu" on the kodo drums behind his kit : between the intro and the real start of the song he wouldn't have enough time to go down from the top of the scaffolding to sit down behind his drums...

He explains himself why he can't play the intro of "Senjutsu" on the kodo drums behind his kit : between the intro and the real start of the song he wouldn't have enough time to go down from the top of the scaffolding to sit down behind his drums...
Yep. Maybe for the album tour they will have kodo drums there right next to him or something like that.
But, I think it will be somehow extended intro with the drums anyways and the title-tracks starts the show bang!

Yep. Maybe for the album tour they will have kodo drums there right next to him or something like that.
But, I think it will be somehow extended intro with the drums anyways and the title-tracks starts the show bang!
This extended intro could be a great idea, indeed. :) Maiden could also hire some real taiko drummers to make the show more spectacular and put "Senjutsu" in the middle of the set. Playing 'Senjutsu' in its entirety is a very enjoyable idea, but could be more pleasant if all the songs were placed in a random order. The concert could start with "Days Of Future Past", for example. This song is also an excellent choice to start a gig.

Maiden could also hire some real taiko drummers to make the show more spectacular and put "Senjutsu" in the middle of the set. Playing 'Senjutsu' in its entirety is a very enjoyable idea, but could be more pleasant if all the songs were placed in a random order. The concert could start with "Days Of Future Past", for example. This song is also an excellent choice to start a gig.
''Days Of Future Past'' is the perfect concert opener from the album (in that case the intro of the song will not be played live, I guess), but I think they will open with the same 3 songs like for the current tour - the case was the same with AMOLAD 2006 & 2007 legs of the tour... if they don't play the songs in a random order, ofc. They all really like ''Senjutsu'' to be a concert opener.
Maybe for the album tour they will have kodo drums there right next to him or something like that.
This is a very likely idea, although Nicko wants to be in front or above the drums so fans can have the best view.

Last edited:
They could modify the drum riser and put the Kodo drum where the gong usually goes....

Any news about video album from this tour? I hope they are planning to record video album from this tour.
The days of them hiring a professional film crew with the intention of releasing something on bluray are done. Of course they already have tons of footage with the big screen feed they could share , so it's possible they do an online release like for BOS again but i wouldn't bet on it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back