LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a listen through, band all sound great, though I still think the setlist isn't doing them any favours. There isn't a fast paced song until nearly an hour into the set.
This setlist has a strange flow, probably more so than any other Maiden tour. Most of the fast paced songs from the 1st leg (TWM, TETMD, WED and even 2MTM) were replaced.
They really should have just swapped out 2 songs from the old set for Stratego and Writing on the Wall and saved the Senjutsu staging for the album tour.
They need at least 3 songs because they form a new World in the set. The title track was a logical choice along with the two singles - the first title track not to debut on its proper album tour since the early days! About the stage set, I agree (especially if it is the same next year). Although this is a nice idea, they just had to keep the Cathedral decor with the sky background on the glass windows and the middle pagoda for the new songs and it would have been great too imo.

They still have energy and sound great. Nicko is playing drums almost at the original speed, so do the other band members. It's a real pleasure to see that. Just Bruce is a bit out of the notes when singing high, but it's quite understandable, knowing his ancient health issues. I think that they are more into the show since the german shows in Berlin, Stuttgart and Bremen, than they were previously in Croatia, France, etc... They needed to run the new show and to run themselves to be fully motivated.

Last edited:
They still have energy and sound great. Nicko is playing drums almost at the original speed, so do the other band members. It's a real pleasure to see that. Just Bruce is a bit out of the notes when singing high, but it's quite understandable, knowing his ancient health issues. I think that they are more into the show since the german shows in Berlin, Stuttgart and Bremen, than they were previously in Croatia, France, etc... They needed to run the new show and to run themselves to be fully motivated.

sounds promising. looking forward to Frankfurt tomorrow. holy crap, 400 kms travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back