LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce forgot some of the lyrics for The Clansman! But he sounded good.

It sounded to me like Aces High was slowed down a bit compared to Oslo four weeks ago. Anyone else who've seen multiple shows in this tour who have noticed this?

What a gig! Unfortunately, I couldn't see shit from the floor stands. I basically watched the whole performance through the screen. But they all sounded amazing enough for it to be worth it. I was especially blown away by Bruces vocals, and I absolutely loved Dave Murray tonight. Guy let it rip instead of those one held notes during his solos.

I am also certain that I heard a performance of Blood Brothers that even surpassed the studio version - to the extent that I hope for an official release somewhere down the road.

They sounded great, as far as I can tell from the video clips I've seen.
And something else: They all definitely look better and healthier now than they did at the beginning of the tour.
From this it follows that if they want to live long healthy lifes, the way to achieve this is not by retiring, but by touring until they are 666 years old.
I am glad that this insight has now been gained and I will continue to attend their concerts!

They sounded great, as far as I can tell from the video clips I've seen.
And something else: They all definitely look better and healthier now than they did at the beginning of the tour.
From this it follows that if they want to live long healthy lifes, the way to achieve this is not by retiring, but by touring until they are 666 years old.
I am glad that this insight has now been gained and I will continue to attend their concerts!
So, You say they are energetic vampires? They feed from huge crowds and if they tour long enough, we may see them becoming younger versions of themselves. "Scream for me Long Beach arena!" :eek: In this case, Pandemic period was very tough for them.

Great show yesterday at Ullevi!

A few thoughts...

• Heard people saying (and most reviews also agreed) that the start of the concert was disappointing due to infamiliar new material. I disagree strongly. Hearing new material is the reason I want to go. Solution: Make an effort and listen to the new stuff instead of stuff you heard 20 years ago. This tour is safe enough, and stubbornly starting with 'unfamiliar' material is well needed to have any chance of retaining a fresh feel. If people didn't sing along... well it's because the only sing-along moment is the chorus of "The Writing on the Wall" - which had a lot of singalong around me at least.
  • Sound was GREAT throughout the whole thing. Best of all Ullevi-concerts I've been to. (All of them since 2008).
  • "Revelations" and "Sign of the Cross" were my definite favourites of the night, but setlist is great overall. Not sure if "Sign of the Cross" and "The Clansman" are considered deep cuts, but they were both brilliant (yes I noticed Bruce screwed up lyrics to the latter).
  • Dave Murray and especially Bruce had a GREAT night! Stood out from the rest and seemed to enjoy themselves a lot more than usual (whole band seemed happy and energetic).
  • Production on this tour is on another level. All cred to Bruce for using this to the fullest. Very cool

Great show yesterday at Ullevi!

A few thoughts...

• Heard people saying (and most reviews also agreed) that the start of the concert was disappointing due to infamiliar new material. I disagree strongly. Hearing new material is the reason I want to go. Solution: Make an effort and listen to the new stuff instead of stuff you heard 20 years ago. This tour is
What nonsense, why should people make the effort to listen to new stuff if they don't want too?

Still think its mad that they are opening with senjetsu, at least stratego picks up the pace and WOTW is decent enough. Senjetsu is a plodder though. I'm used to seeing Steve charge out to the front, with Senjetsu its the opposite.

What nonsense, why should people make the effort to listen to new stuff if they don't want too?

Still think its mad that they are opening with senjetsu, at least stratego picks up the pace and WOTW is decent enough. Senjetsu is a plodder though. I'm used to seeing Steve charge out to the front, with Senjetsu its the opposite.
After 1 year of its release. You named the new album Senjetsu 3 times instead of Senjutsu so…

1658603045388.gif

• Heard people saying (and most reviews also agreed) that the start of the concert was disappointing due to infamiliar new material. I disagree strongly. Hearing new material is the reason I want to go. Solution: Make an effort and listen to the new stuff instead of stuff you heard 20 years ago. This tour is safe enough
I disagree with you. This tour is called LEGACY OF THE BEAST. Not Senjutsu tour. Complains are valid, imo. Myself, I don't have problem with the start of the show, but I understand casual concert goers. In their eyes, earlier LOTB version had more hit songs, they feel robbed in a way, I think.
Edit: If the band wants to tour the new album so bad, then why they extended LOTB tour. :D Don't fool ourselves, please.

Last edited:
I disagree with you. This tour is called LEGACY OF THE BEAST. Not Senjutsu tour. Complains are valid, imo. Myself, I don't have problem with the start of the show, but I understand casual concert goers. In their eyes, earlier LOTB version had more hit songs, they feel robbed in a way, I think.
Edit: If the band wants to tour the new album so bad, then why they extended LOTB tour. :D Don't fool ourselves, please.
I do get that point, if you were a casual fan that brought a ticket as far as 2019 you certainly didnt pay to see 3 senjutsu songs open the set and wanted it to stay the same as the previous leg, but it is what it is, the band made no secret they were adding in 3 songs from the album Bruce even went as far as saying they will open with Senjutsu, so it was hardly a surprise , you could have sold your ticket and not gone if you felt that strongly about it, or simply learnt the 3 songs they were adding and embraced the new 'legacy' everyone had a choice still

I don't like Senjutsu stage set. Too claustrophobic, plus brown color is not "interesting". Maiden and wooden ancient Japan landscape don't fit very well, imo. Book of Souls stage was great. Those stone walls look much better/expensive than Legacy tour decorations, which look very cheap, only the Cathedral reveal saves the stage decor.
View attachment 21189
Stone walls? Maybe something like this would be great:

sj.jpg

SJ (2).png

While the floor could be the grass from the promo video of the album:

SJ (3).png

And with the flags around the stage it will look awesome. This is the only other option imo, because the current stage design is perfect for the theme of the album.

So, You say they are energetic vampires? They feed from huge crowds and if they tour long enough, we may see them becoming younger versions of themselves. "Scream for me Long Beach arena!" :eek: In this case, Pandemic period was very tough for them.
Yes, all signs point in this direction. :D

That also explains why Bruce answers the question about retirement with "Are you nuts". Clearly, it would actually be crazy under these circumstances.

Break It Down Show with Pete A Turner (May 2022)

Full video of yesterday's show in Gothenburg.

Had a listen through, band all sound great, though I still think the setlist isn't doing them any favours. There isn't a fast paced song until nearly an hour into the set.

They really should have just swapped out 2 songs from the old set for Stratego and Writing on the Wall and saved the Senjutsu staging for the album tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back