LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as customers (and not as fans in that point of view), we have the absolute right to get a high quality product when the company grabs our money.
But what is high quality?

You have your idea of what high quality is to you but someone else might have a completely different idea of what high quality is to them.

Do you really think maiden are releasing studio and live albums thinking “fuck it, that’ll do” and not taking the time to craft something that they really love?

We are getting exactly what Maiden want to release and what they think their albums should sound like. If you don’t like it then jog on and go listen to another band and stop boring everyone online with endless rants jumping up and down about poor production. If it’s bad then don’t listen to them anymore.

See you later, take a long walk straight ahead for about a mile then sling a left and keep going until you see the sign saying “You are now leaving Maiden Town”

The answer to all this fanboyism is this:

Just go and listen to ANY OFFICIAL METALLICA CLIP on youtube. It should not be THAT difficult to get a listenable live result

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I am not that much of a Metallica fan (own some of their albums, saw them live once in 1999) but after watching Maiden’s Download 2022 videos, YouTube suggested some Metallica official videos from 2022. I found myself watching them (as illustrated in the Now Playing thread) and feeling that the difference in sound quality with Maiden could not be more striking. :(

Last edited:
But what is high quality?

You have your idea of what high quality is to you but someone else might have a completely different idea of what high quality is to them.

Do you really think maiden are releasing studio and live albums thinking “fuck it, that’ll do” and not taking the time to craft something that they really love?

We are getting exactly what Maiden want to release and what they think their albums should sound like. If you don’t like it then jog on and go listen to another band and stop boring everyone online with endless rants jumping up and down about poor production. If it’s bad then don’t listen to them anymore.

See you later, take a long walk straight ahead for about a mile then sling a left and keep going until you see the sign saying “You are now leaving Maiden Town”
Contrary to popular belief, it's possible to criticize a band's decisions and still like said band. If anything we care more about what Maiden does because we like Maiden. I really wanted a live album from LOTB and I was disappointed with nights of the dead.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I am not that much of a Metallica fan (own some of their albums, saw them live once in 1999) but after watching Maiden’s Download 2022, YouTube suggested some Metallica official videos from 2022. I found myself watching them (as illustrated in the Now Playing thread) and feeling that the difference in sound quality with Maiden could not be more striking. :(
I’m not a Metallica fan since 91.
I was a huge fan until then. I didn’t like the sound of and justice for all but Liked the album. I watched some videos of concertó like Francés and other places but I quit off because the extremely polished sound.
These videos from 2022 are better imo and better than Maiden except Adrian guitar solos sound. The difference between Both bands are that Metallica has the guitars and drums presence and bass adding more force to the songs. And the problems with Maiden are slow tempo, reververed drums, too punchy bass and no presence of any of the three guitars until the solos or melodies. And the main difference is that Metallica has a audio-vídeo team taking care of the final product and Maiden has that guy named Newton.

Must admit, when it comes to Maiden, be it studio or nights of the dead or this proshot I can't hear 3 guitars
I can't hear Bruce either. I hear Blaze. :p

You don't always hear them in an easily distinguishable way (and at times some guitar bits are inaudible. Like when Jan is overly prancing about live) and there is a fair bit of volume automation going on. But they are usually all there.

Contrary to popular belief, it's possible to criticize a band's decisions and still like said band. If anything we care more about what Maiden does because we like Maiden. I really wanted a live album from LOTB and I was disappointed with nights of the dead.
Agreed. With the exception of the Blaze era I'm about as big of a fanboy as there is. Maiden is far and above everyone else as my favorite bands go. But whether Tony Newton is follow Steve's orders or not there's no denying NOTD sounds awful. If he produces future live releases I would seriously have to consider not buying it - something that has for me been unthinkable in the past.

Senjutsu is the best produced since Brave New World (which I think Kevin had more free reign on). I just wish Steve would let Kevin do his job and all would be fine. Do what you do best Steve and keep your hands off the mixing/editing desk :D

Must admit, when it comes to Maiden, be it studio or nights of the dead or this proshot I can't hear 3 guitars
Well, Dave is panned hard left. Adrian is panned hard right. That scratchy high pitched sound in the middle that is mimicing everything that Bruce sings is Janick.

When Janick plays rythm (rarity on albums these days), he gets panned to the right and H becomes burried in the mix.

There ya go.

Exactly. We also do not want Maiden town to end up looking like this.

1657646765728.jpeg

Disclaimer: posted with tongue firmly in cheek.

Btw, I see a lot of people filming maiden with their phones in this tour and audience recordings most of the times don't sound very good. Has any of you thought of recording the iem feed?

Btw, I see a lot of people filming maiden with their phones in this tour and audience recordings most of the times don't sound very good. Has any of you thought of recording the iem feed?
I think that's impossible, since they are on digital in-ears now (Shure Axient). Unless you have an DA converter.

P.S. hopefully you get better in time.

I think that's impossible, since they are on digital in-ears now (Shure Axient). Unless you have an DA converter.

P.S. hopefully you get better in time.
According to this they use PSM1000 which is analog fm stereo

According to this they use PSM1000 which is analog fm stereo
Ah... Then it's possible. Thought they switched the whole system. It seems that only instrument signals are the Axient.

Ok, H's in-ears seem to be on 481,825 MHz, if anyone decides/is able to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back