LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a week or so since seeing Maiden at Copenhell. My thoughts….

…I loved the mid-paced feel of the set. No real rockers till NOTB suited me fine and seemed meticulously chosen as the show bounced along rhythmically well. The Senjutsu openers, Revelations, Blood Brothers and SoTC were total bliss to me even if the crowd was lacklustre for the new music…then came Flight of Icarus at near album tempo. Egads. Followed by the crowd anthems, of which it was great to have both FOTD and Hallowed Be Thy Name both freshly positioned mid-set rather than taking up space in their usual spots.

The encore: I have never enjoyed The Trooper more than in its position as encore opener. Having a semi-epic at this point (The Clansman) rather than three short classics felt fresh, and closing off with Run To The Hills worked. Aces High felt like a bonus song more than anything else and Bruce’s low octave vibrato in the chorus was fitting. It was a solid performance of the song.

My 11th Maiden show and in my mind they’ve never sounded crisper. Dave was on fire. His solos were impressively spot on. Adrian’s Writing on the Wall solo was the pinnacle of the night as I just love his note choices in this solo.

My highlights…the three new songs, especially the solos in Writing On The Wall; Revelations, FOI and The Clansman.

As much as I can’t wait till they play Senjutsu in full (hopefully) I would be impeccably happy for Maiden to bring this show to Australia so me and many local metal heads can enjoy the band in its post pandemic glory.

As much as I can’t wait till they play Senjutsu in full (hopefully) I would be impeccably happy for Maiden to bring this show to Australia so me and many local metal heads can enjoy the band in its post pandemic glory.
you can 100% rule it out coming to Australia. I'm not even convinced they will bring down the Senjutsu tour there an arena tour playing the album in it's entirely is a bit ambitious.
Wouldnt surprise me if they waited until 2024 to get downunder, its never been a market they have had any urgency to tour at the best of times

Last edited:
you can 100% rule it out coming to Australia. I'm not even convinced they will bring down the Senjutsu tour there an arena tour playing the album in it's entirely is a bit ambitious.
Wouldnt surprise me if they waited until 2024 to get downunder, its never been a market they have had any urgency to tour at the best of times

I think this tour is the Senjutsu tour. I don't imagine them going out and touring Senjutsu after this but of course I could be wrong!

Please elaborate "Steve's miscontent" - I can't speak or read French.

Unfortunately, the performance will have been marred by a few hiccups which are not to be blamed on the musicians directly but partly on the room itself. The fault with a more than perfectible sound which will be adjusted several times during the show and which means that Bruce sometimes had the greatest difficulty in following the group, putting several times aside because of a sound that was spinning on stage. Unlike some of his companions, he has no feedback in his ears (just small earplugs) and is satisfied with the sound coming from the feedback. A noble and old school initiativewhich we will therefore welcome but which tends to show its limits according to certain technical configurations. In the heat of the moment, we will see bassist Steve Harris, to say the least, annoyed after the third time and the facetious singer will tell him that the sound is spinning, that he is struggling to hear himself and he will get by with the leader with a humorous pirouette intoning a "one, two, three, four" , indicating that he will do his best to keep up with the rhythm for the finale.

Unfortunately, the performance will have been marred by a few hiccups which are not to be blamed on the musicians directly but partly on the room itself. The fault with a more than perfectible sound which will be adjusted several times during the show and which means that Bruce sometimes had the greatest difficulty in following the group, putting several times aside because of a sound that was spinning on stage. Unlike some of his companions, he has no feedback in his ears (just small earplugs) and is satisfied with the sound coming from the feedback. A noble and old school initiativewhich we will therefore welcome but which tends to show its limits according to certain technical configurations. In the heat of the moment, we will see bassist Steve Harris, to say the least, annoyed after the third time and the facetious singer will tell him that the sound is spinning, that he is struggling to hear himself and he will get by with the leader with a humorous pirouette intoning a "one, two, three, four" , indicating that he will do his best to keep up with the rhythm for the finale.
Thanks!

Clearly an online translation but hey, thanks Alice! :D

BTW it'd be great if somebody attending the shows in nearer future (Zurich on Thursday e.g.) would take a few pictures from the merch desk and post them here. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
Do you still want photos?

Apparently, my city expects the event to cause major turmoil and chaos. Residents are being proactively warned and measures are being implemented.
"Increased traffic ... on both Dürener Strasse and Aachener Strasse is to be expected. ... There will be a flow regulation on Dürener Straße from P 8 (parking lot for buses), the exit onto the highway will be realized with two lanes....A resident protection concept will be rolled out." (my translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back