LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maiden, and particularly post-reunion Maiden, challenging themselves and the audience? Making bold moves?
I'd say it's the opposite for the most part, and that's exactly what's so good and somewhat unique about it. They are safe, predictable, familiar, reliable, like a good longterm relationship. And most of us keep coming back again and again for more, for all these years.
FOTD played at every single show for the past 30 years. Stage set exactly the same since forever. Doctor doctor. Always look on tbe bright side if life. And what was so bold about playing entire AMOLAD on tour? Was there a drum'n'bass tune on it? Stylistically it was the same ol' same ol', virtually nothing new or groundbreaking, only slightly watered down and played by their older selves. There are more bold moments on side A of FOTD alone than in their entire post-reunion output :bigsmile:

Maiden, and particularly post-reunion Maiden, challenging themselves and the audience? Making bold moves?
I'd say it's the opposite for the most part, and that's exactly what's so good and somewhat unique about it. They are safe, predictable, familiar, reliable, like a good longterm relationship. And most of us keep coming back again and again for more, for all these years.
FOTD played at every single show for the past 30 years. Stage set exactly the same since forever. Doctor doctor. Always look on tbe bright side if life. And what was so bold about playing entire AMOLAD on tour? Was there a drum'n'bass tune on it? Stylistically it was the same ol' same ol', virtually nothing new or groundbreaking, only slightly watered down and played by their older selves. There are more bold moments on side A of FOTD alone than in their entire post-reunion output :bigsmile:
It Wasnt bold to do an arena tour and play your new album in its entirety ? Name another band going as long as them thats ever considered that? It was extremely bold especially in the US who are notorious for wanting the classics only
I should have also pointed out they are bold when it comes to new music and how much they have it dominate album tour sets etc. We all know how lazy and predictable they are when it comes to the classics :p

Last edited:
Nicko with a little mistake before the start of the verses in SOTC:

That pagoda behind Nicko being blown away by the wind...
Only the pagoda behind Nicko looks cheap imo.
But when I am looking at this leg of tour I dont see any point of this kind of set.

This reminds me of ME tour, long tour with almost the same set all the time.
If we exclude the new songs, it's like ME tour, yeah. They way I see it is that there are not so much changes because they added 3 new songs and wanted to keep the highlights from the original LOTB tour (people paid to see LOTB ). And they decided to extend the tour with a few more months, most probably because they will not visit some of the places with the album tour next year.
I agree they shouldn't have bothered with the Senjutsu world. Would have been much better just sticking WOTW & Stratego into the set somewhere and ditching the title track altogether.
Rod said that because the album is so poupular and successful, they had to play something from it. And with the worlds of LOTB tour, they have to play at least 3 songs (although I preferred the title track to be saved for the album tour). Probably that's why they also adedd a new stage design for this world (btw, if the stage design for the album tour is the same, I think revealing it now is not a good move).
-> they changed the look of the main design of LOTB too.
Also insisting on Senjutsu world/realm seems unnecessary because a) there's an upcoming proper album tour and b) after dropping war theme for obvious reasons and with BB in centerplace of what was a religion realm (with FTGGOG and Wicker man) the world/realm concept is basically gone. Once the faux stained glass curtains are removed it's more or less a regular Maiden world until the end.
With the new album already out, it's logical to play new songs from it (even during LOTB tour), especially if they are planning only 1 leg of the album tour, where they will play the whole album. The religion theme is gone? The war theme is in the encores, but without the camouflage.
Keeping Hell on Earth for a proper album tour is another not very smart move. Most audiences won't be able to see it if album tour is to be much less extensive as it seems, and it's by far the most loved one off Senjutsu.
The debut of ''Hell On Earth'' should be only during the proper album tour!

One can't have everything. For example, AMOLAD 2006 tour was without dates in SA.
Senjutsu sounds great and works great as an opener.
I agree. People don't like it, just because it's not the traditional fast paced opener to excite the crowd.
FOTD played at every single show for the past 30 years. Stage set exactly the same since forever. Doctor doctor. Always look on tbe bright side if life... And what was so bold about playing entire AMOLAD on tour? There are more bold moments on side A of FOTD alone than in their entire post-reunion output
^ I can say the same for a lot of other bands. Playing the whole AMOLAD album is not a bold move? You must be joking. What you're saying about side A of FOTD is also not true.

To be honest, I think most opener choices have similar audience reception in Europe: only the first rows interact without much enthusiasm. It's common to see people standing with their arms crossed even in Aces High. I would rather wait until South America to judge Senjutsu as an opener.

Band sounds great for the most part (not a fan of the slowed down Aces High :lol: ). The Senjutsu realm looks really cheap though. That pagoda behind Nicko being blown away by the wind... :facepalm:

Edit: I know I wasn’t there and therefore could well be wrong, but it seems to me that the first couple of songs were received with a lot of apathy (Eddie’s appearance aside), but The Writing on the Wall would soon become a live favourite. :edmetal:

Pagoda blown away? Did a quick skim didn't find it. Time signature?
The stage set of Senjutsu is one of the worst ever. Even the most "gorgeous" pagodas look heavy & ugly in real life but these ones looks cheap too.

Senjutsu & Stratego aren't good live songs. Maiden decided to play them nevertheless, cause Maiden takes pride to make no compromises against Big Discographic Companies, Status Quo, fans & logic.

:edmetal:

Pagoda blown away? Did a quick skim didn't find it. Time signature?
The stage set of Senjutsu is one of the worst ever. Even the most "gorgeous" pagodas look heavy & ugly in real life but these ones looks cheap too.

Senjutsu & Stratego aren't good live songs. Maiden decided to play them nevertheless, cause Maiden takes pride to make no compromises against Big Discographic Companies, Status Quo, fans & logic.

:edmetal:

The pagoda bit hanging from behind Nicko’s drumkit moves quite a while during the first three songs, which makes the whole thing look odd. I cannot remember the exact time though, sorry.

On a related note, I saw Status Quo back in March and they played 4 songs off their latest album instead of merely 3. :D

Saw them on Monday, in Prague, madea a 3 day trip to CZ out of it. Didn't have time to visit this thread yet, but now I can.

Anyway. I am totally amazed how they don't get old. Solos on point, Bruce sings amazing for his age, Nicko is a beast. Delivering constant quality. Songwriting and live. Nothing more to say, this is the best fucking band in the world.

I agree, what the hell. I'm assuming the artist must have some cut-rate deal that's just way too good for Rod to pass by, especially with how much they charge for the shirts. Margins must be insane.
FWIW I saw that Leppard, Crue, Poison, and Jett shirts are all $50 or more.

They started at 8:05pm which is very unusual, T shirt was at 50€ and Adrian played his solo in Revelations. Otherwise the Defense Arena is too big, Maiden stage looked small compared to rammstein's mammoth two years ago.
Maiden in top form tonight in Paris. Who say they are getting old?

Video screen recording of ''Stratego'' :

:clap:

The melody in the intro is played only by Janick and Adrian, I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back