LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The download show was phenomenal.

Bruce, and the rest of the band for that matter, sounded amazing. My Maiden live journey began with SBIT in 08 and I think Bruce sounded as good today as he has on any of the tours since then.

The crowd were loving it too, from Icarus onwards the front section was carnage. A friend who was also present but further back and who is not a Maiden fan or even a listener said - 'This guy is nearly a pensioner but he sings like he's still in his twenties'.

What a show! Some thoughts
1. All the Senjutsu songs worked really well live but they were not the best choice to open the show for a festival.

2. Revelations, Blood Brothers and Sign of the Cross make up one hell of a trio!

3. Bruce’s voice was on point most of the time. He struggled on some notes and songs but that is to be expected.

I started to walk back half way during Clansman (wanted to beat the rush out of the car park) and was still able to hear them. Therefore I can’t comment on the true quality of Bruce’s voice during Aces High. To be honest, it was so good in 2018 I didn’t want my last live memory of that song to be a mediocre one…

I might post again with some more thoughts but it’s 6AM and I’m going back to bed.

My first degree is in Telecommunication Engineering, which meant that I knew more about computers than most of my friends. This meant doing lots of computer fixing for a while, that then meant friends of friends’ friends would call me to install antivirus software in their computers for free. I got a bit fed up, so I started telling them that there might be something in their browsing history causing the problems and that I needed to check that.

Guess what? They soon stopped pestering me…
Yep, Im currently studying other profession/degree in Telecommunication and I've used computer since mid-80's.
I know these things (probably more than most here) and all I asked kindly was picture I had missed earlier.

They are always on fire in Donnington. Bruce is all over the place in Donnington and Rio whenever they are playing those festivals.
The whole band looked like they were really enjoying themselves, it was great to see. I thought Dave's solos were better than the times I've seen them on the last few tours too.

Managed to find a few clips on YouTube. RTTH and Aces High were both a bit slow. Other than that seems like a great show.

Utterly astounding performance.

My third time seeing Maiden at Donnington (2013 and 2016) and this was probably the best. Topped '16 for me.

Some thoughts:
- It was evident the band are very energised and performing extremely well. Very tight together.
- It was great seeing them come on. Looking at Janick and Steve, it was as if they were thinking: "At last! Here we are after 2 years of covid crap". That's how it came across to me.
- Senjutso, Stratego and TWOTW were brilliant live and it was obvious the guys were getting a thrill from playing these new songs. And I would have loved them to have played some more from Senjusto, I wanted it to continue! Really looking forward to hearong more/all songs played live from the album soon...maybe next year?
- They sounded FANTASTIC. Prior to 2016 many of my Maiden gigs had quite a mushy live sound.
- Think Janick may have had some technical issues? I could be wrong but he looked concerned at some points but seemed to laugh it off. And laugh with Dave.
- The flow of the set list actually made it feel quite short compard to previous tours. I knew the set list but when it came to Fear Of The Dark, I had a sense of "oh, already"? I guess compard to the last LOTB Jaunt they have cut songs out like Where Eagles Dare and FTGGOG thus making a shorter set, and of course they are playing one song less this time.
- IRON FUCKING MAIDEN!

I was on the barrier as the crowd splits for the sound board. A lot of well known faces from the Maiden crew walked past us as guests. I saw Rod a couple of times, and Andy Taylor. Everytime I see Rod I can't help but laugh due to the years of pisstaking from the band!

After 2.5 years of crap and misery, it was a very emotional time.

What else can I say? Again, last night showed me once again why I and millions of others absolutely adore this band.

Tour next year please!

Utterly astounding performance.

My third time seeing Maiden at Donnington (2013 and 2016) and this was probably the best. Topped '16 for me.

Some thoughts:
- It was evident the band are very energised and performing extremely well. Very tight together.
- It was great seeing them come on. Looking at Janick and Steve, it was as if they were thinking: "At last! Here we are after 2 years of covid crap". That's how it came across to me.
- Senjutso, Stratego and TWOTW were brilliant live and it was obvious the guys were getting a thrill from playing these new songs. And I would have loved them to have played some more from Senjusto, I wanted it to continue! Really looking forward to hearong more/all songs played live from the album soon...maybe next year?
- They sounded FANTASTIC. Prior to 2016 many of my Maiden gigs had quite a mushy live sound.
- Think Janick may have had some technical issues? I could be wrong but he looked concerned at some points but seemed to laugh it off. And laugh with Dave.
- The flow of the set list actually made it feel quite short compard to previous tours. I knew the set list but when it came to Fear Of The Dark, I had a sense of "oh, already"? I guess compard to the last LOTB Jaunt they have cut songs out like Where Eagles Dare and FTGGOG thus making a shorter set, and of course they are playing one song less this time.
- IRON FUCKING MAIDEN!

I was on the barrier as the crowd splits for the sound board. A lot of well known faces from the Maiden crew walked past us as guests. I saw Rod a couple of times, and Andy Taylor. Everytime I see Rod I can't help but laugh due to the years of pisstaking from the band!

After 2.5 years of crap and misery, it was a very emotional time.

What else can I say? Again, last night showed me once again why I and millions of others absolutely adore this band.

Tour next year please!
The sound really was great, every instrument was very distinct, Bruce sat well in the mix and Nicko's drum sound was immense. It was one of the best sounding (in terms of mix) outdoor sets I've heard.

The band stand up and quiet on stage waiting to start the first song :facepalm: No explosions, no smoke, no pyro…just 4 guys in daylight in front of an oriental thematic park. Where's the Surprise (X) factor?
The worse of playing festivals in summer is daylight. You can't deploy all the lights until the middle of the show.

The band stand up and quiet on stage waiting to start the first song :facepalm: No explosions, no smoke, no pyro…just 4 guys in daylight in front of an oriental thematic park. Where's the Surprise (X) factor?
The worse of playing festivals in summer is daylight. You can't deploy all the lights until the middle of the show.
They need to be wheeled out in pods and emerge from them Spinal Tap style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back