LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, Im pretty sure that most of the audience didn't even notice or know anything about this at all:

Before the show, they played Rush - Closer To The Heart (from 1977 album "Farewell To Kings") and showed pictures of Ashley Groom on the screens. He has unfornately passed away and he was member of the Killer Krew, I remember seeing him there in the shows doing stuff around.

RIP Ash. :( Among many things, he was the walk-on Eddie.

I found this poignant video on the official forum. I think @mihai might have recorded and uploaded it.

Writing On The Wall is crazy high in the verse, and I'm pretty sure Bruce wrote the melody himself. If he wanted to take things more easy, he could. I think he's the kind of guy who just needs to prove himself again and again. But of the 3 new songs, for my taste, I think he sounds the best on Senjutsu.

From AMOLAD on, tons of unnecessary highs in the verses (not only bringes and choruses). Death or glory is probably the most painful to listen to, but TWOTW is not too far off.

Writing On The Wall is crazy high in the verse, and I'm pretty sure Bruce wrote the melody himself. If he wanted to take things more easy, he could. I think he's the kind of guy who just needs to prove himself again and again. But of the 3 new songs, for my taste, I think he sounds the best on Senjutsu.
Honestly, he does sound amazing on all of 3 Senjutsu songs. I think that, not only for vocals, whole album would sound great live. There are not that many crazy high notes like for example in Rime of the ancient mariner, Flash of the blade, Seventh son of a seventh son and so on. Which I think is good, because Bruce can sing (almost) any way he wants to and it would sound at least good. I really hope that at least 1 song from Senjutsu would become song that would be played at almost every tour (like The wicker man or Blood brothers)...

If they can no longer do a song justice (why play it as a second encore???), I’d say it is better to stop playing it live, regardless of expensive props. They risk turning on a parody of themselves, something they have said they would never turn into.
Believe me i was very adamant in complaining about aces high not being the opener for this very reason, but they chose to put senjutsu and now it is what it is. I also choose to stay positive over something I do not have power over, so if they are still my favorite band and this is what they can do, I will appreciate it for whatever capacity they deliver it. Once again, when they are done all we can do is see videos and no longer get excited to see them live, even if not at the top of their game. It is what it is

Joking aside, I’d rather have the band calling it a day at the top of their game than becoming a parody of themselves.

I have started bringing my daughter to gigs and I think I would not be able to face her saying “Why does the singer sound like a cat being strangled?” at a Maiden gig.

Joking aside, I’d rather have the band calling it a day at the top of their game than becoming a parody of themselves.

I have started bringing my daughter to gigs and I think I would not be able to face her saying “Why does the singer sound like a cat being strangled?” at a Maiden gig.
well it won't matter the slightest what you would rather have, this is what we get and between moaning and appreciating whatever left they got, I will leave the moaning to you

If they can no longer do a song justice (why play it as a second encore???), I’d say it is better to stop playing it live, regardless of expensive props.

Inflatable airplane has returned investment long ago. And I don’t think it’s that expensive. I do think they are stingy! :D

They risk turning on a parody of themselves, something they have said they would never turn into.

Parody was said for the “cabaret” side of touring which they “partially” doing since 1999. (How many cabaret tours since then, how many album tours? And of what magnitude each.)
But yes I see what you mean and I agree, Aces High should not be included if they cannot perform it decently.

I don't think most of the audience really took that little tempo change in Aces High for anything. Probably just didn't notice or care at all.
Everyone seemed to have great time and Maiden played just fucking great. I think the problem is, because plenty of people then watch the videos filmed with cellphones which surely nowadays have good quality, but the result and outcome might not always represent how it felt and went down there in the concert.

I don't think most of the audience really took that little tempo change in Aces High for anything. Probably just didn't notice or care at all.
Everyone seemed to have great time and Maiden played just fucking great. I think the problem is, because plenty of people then watch the videos filmed with cellphones which surely nowadays have good quality, but the result and outcome might not always represent how it felt and went down there in the concert.
Yeah exactly. If you're stood in the crowd and measuring the tempo instead of enjoying Maiden, you shouldn't be there.

Yeah exactly. If you're stood in the crowd and measuring the tempo instead of enjoying Maiden, you shouldn't be there.
I didn't mind the tempo change at all. I noticed it but so what, Bruce delivered and it's really difficut song to handle as encore at that age also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back