LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necesserily... You can se H's PRS acoustic in this rack and his #1 Jackson prototype (8431, I think, with new neck) right of it. Dave's road case always has 2-3 of H's backups in it. It's possible that Dave is only carrying 4 guitars this year.
I didn't see Adrain's white Jackson. So, the Telecaster is his backup acoustic? Maybe he will use it next year during the album tour for LIALW (if they play the whole album live)... we don't know who plays the acoustic intro in the studio version. If I'm not mistaken, the black Les Paul used for TGU live was in his touring gear since 2016 (the song was played in 2017).

I didn't see Adrain's white Jackson. So, the Telecaster is his backup acoustic? Maybe he will use it next year during the album tour for LIALW (if they play the whole album live)... we don't know who plays the acoustic intro in the studio version. If I'm not mistaken, the black Les Paul used for TGU live was in his touring gear since 2016 (the song was played in 2017).

I think it's simply being carried. As is probably H's black Les Paul Custom and the V, but they are not being used.

286254396_567195938106091_4057589264895736486_n[1].jpg
286086744_5879727095375092_4062244136111302739_n.jpg
By the way, the show was great and I didn't have any problems with anything. Everything was just what it was supposed to be.
As with the talk of recent performances, I now clearly noticed that they did play AC a bit more slow (than usual) but we got good performance from Bruce.
It was great evening and my wife also said the the show was perfect and the best she's seen in long time.
Now Im really happy and for sure, waiting for the next show from Senjutsu World Tour.

EDIT: And it was nice gesture that the audience was given a chance to sing Happy Birthday to Nicko yesterday, even though his birthday is today.

Last edited:
By the way, Im pretty sure that most of the audience didn't even notice or know anything about this at all:

Before the show, they played Rush - Closer To The Heart (from 1977 album "Farewell To Kings") and showed pictures of Ashley Groom on the screens. He has unfornately passed away and he was member of the Killer Krew, I remember seeing him there in the shows doing stuff around.

By the way, Im pretty sure that most of the audience didn't even notice or know anything about this at all:

Before the show, they played Rush - Closer To The Heart (from 1977 album "Farewell To Kings") and showed pictures of Ashley Groom on the screens. He has unfornately passed away and he was member of the Killer Krew, I remember seeing him there in the shows doing stuff around.
Sad News. R.i.P.

6fugcicq3m391[1].jpg
Ashley Groom – The Gentle Giant -
Ashley or "Ash", as he was referred to by the band and the Killer Krew started working as a set carpenter for Iron Maiden in March 2003. He was a kind man with a great sense of humour and always more than willing to do the work he was asked to do and more. Being a tall man, he also walked on stage on more than one occasion, but, not as the bald giant he was, but as Eddie himself. He loved his work and loved life on the road, the reason why in more than one occasion, he would stand in front of the camera, as it can be seen on the Death On The Road, Flight 666 and Behind The Beast documentaries and explain what he did for the band we all loved. But more than just a set builder, Ash was a friend and was loved by many in the Killer Krew as his heart was even bigger than the man himself.

Last edited:
View attachment 20582
Ashley Groom – The Gentle Giant -
Ashley or "Ash", as he was referred to by the band and the Killer Krew started working as a set carpenter for Iron Maiden in March 2003. He was a kind man with a great sense of humour and always more than willing to do the work he was asked to do and more. Being a tall man, he also walked on stage on more than one occasion, but, not as the bald giant he was, but as Eddie himself. He loved his work and loved life on the road, the reason why in more than one occasion, he would stand in front of the camera, as it can be seen on the Death On The Road, Flight 666 and Behind The Beast documentaries and explain what he did for the band we all loved. But more than just a set builder, Ash was a friend and was loved by many in the Killer Krew as his heart was even bigger than the man himself.
I remember him being the funny one on the Flight 666 documentary. That's a shame.

Look how unhappy Dave is touring... Don't believe everything on the internet lads.

Love H singing a harmony on Happy Birthday.
The cake was made by Finnish Maiden fan, it's on the news here:
Quickly translated the main points (and removed general Iron Maiden info at the end) from google:
Aura Niiranen from Hyvinkää received the most generous job offer of her baking career so far: She was asked to bake a birthday cake for Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain, who is 70 years old.

18-year-old Aura Niiranen has spent a long day under school. In demand in her home region, the young bakery entrepreneur has received a lot of orders to conjure up all kinds of tastings for various graduation parties.

After all, she couldn't wait for one cake order. It was broadcast by the British Iron Maiden - one of the most legendary metal bands of all time.

Namely, the band's drummer Nicko McBrain will turn 70 next year on Sunday. The band will celebrate the rounds of their performers today, culminating in the sold-out Saturday of the Rockfest festival in Hyvinkää - and enjoying cake coffees.

- A representative of the band had asked if there was a bakery in Hyvinkää where you could order a birthday cake. I then made a couple of phone calls and got confirmation that this unique offer really fell for me, Niiranen says.

She has been running his own bakery called Oispa cake since the fall of 2020.

Niiranen describes his mood as “quite absurd”.

- It's pretty awkward to describe. After all, I could never have imagined baking something for such a world-famous band.

After all, Niiranen is a passionate Iron Maiden fan himself.

- I've been digging for six years. Through my father I found a band!

What kind of cake for a drummer legend then came?

- The band expressed the wish that the cake should be in the shape of a snare drum and that it could taste chocolate and vanilla.

- The cake had a chocolate base, then chocolate mousse and vanilla cream. I used raspberries for decoration.

The drum cake was completed on a fast schedule in two days as the surprise order fell into Niiranen’s arms in the midst of all the other graduation rushes. On Friday, the processing stretched until the wee hours.

But it was worth it, Niiranen glows.

- I just said that if Iron Maiden orders a cake from me, that's the way to do it!

During Saturday, Niiranen finished decorating the cake.

- I am very satisfied with the result! After making these cakes for a while, you will develop a certain routine and you will be ready on a short schedule.

Luckily for the whole weekend, Niiranen doesn’t have to squirm her fingers in flour: Of course, she’s going to listen to a concert of a heavy rock legend he admires at the end of the evening.

- This is my first time. That’s why it’s still so great here that they perform in my hometown.

At the moment, however, it seems that Niiranen will not be able to meet the heavy veterans in person.

- But I got to send them a video greeting, that too was already something!

And if Niiranen's weekend wasn't already solemn enough, she has also graduated as a student today.

- However, those parties will not be held until a week later, when this has been such a crazy weekend. Yes, I would still say that baking a cake for Maiden is an even tougher thing than finishing!

Last edited:
Don't believe everything on the internet lads.
With the recent talk and also this on going stuff (that Maiden would change drummer or someone if time comes) I don't think that is going to happen at all. Im pretty sure, almost 100% that this lineup will go on until the end and there won't be anyone retiring or changed.
After all, this current lineup is the ultimate lineup of Iron Maiden. So it shall be written and so it shall be done..

This is very sad, like others I remember him from a lot of the comedic crew scenes in Flight 666. It doesn't seem as if he was very old either, RIP.

This is very sad, like others I remember him from a lot of the comedic crew scenes in Flight 666. It doesn't seem as if he was very old either, RIP.
Very sad and unfortunate news indeed. I liked the little comedy things and also from what I've seen and heard, he really seemed like nice guy.
Just as Im writing this one, Im remembering some stuff that I saw in some of the shows, like Ash taking care of things and sweeping the stage floor...
I remember Maiden roadies..Killer Krew having a bit of laugh, having good (and bad) times there taking care of things to make the show work as planned.

As I saw the pics of Ash before the show I tried to look if how many people reacted to it, but I was located rought in middle between mixing desk and stage, I couldn't see the whole area. I think some did give applause when the last page of the video was there.
Also, before they played that Rush song and showed pics of Ash, I kept thinking why they didn't play the usual songs (that are heard before Doctor, Doctor) so even if this was festival, maybe they didn't want to play too much stuff before or after the pictures?

Last edited:
A fan who was in yesterday's show made an interesting observation on Instagram about the colour shading in The Trooper backdrop

See left side, next to Eddie's shoulder.
slavaukraini.JPG

Slava Ukraini.

...then again, it's the same one that has been used quite a lot of times, but uhm. Anyway!

Last edited:
Adam "Nergal" Darski (of Behemoth, Me And That Man) also said some words about Putin and Ukraine yesterday when he was on stage playing the show for his other band MATM in Rockfest Hyvinkää.
Not sure, if it is ok to publish anything here, so I won't be posting the exact words..

A fan who was in yesterday's show made an interesting observation on Instagram about the colour shading in The Trooper backdrop

See left side, next to Eddie's shoulder.
View attachment 20597

Slava Ukraini.

...then again, it's the same one that has been used quite a lot of times, but uhm. Anyway!
Ok, interesting. Good catch. I think I didn't look at the backdrop too carefully yesterday.
By the way, is there anywhere any comprehensive database with detailed pics of each tour's backdrops used?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back