LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial thoughts.

1. Happy enough with the setlist, though not perfect. Surprised with Aces as the closer. It’s just too hard to come up with a setlist that the majority of us would be elated with.

2. The Senjutsu world looks amazing and the new material sounded great with the bit I’ve heard so far. Band sound great after the prolonged lay off.

3. Glad I saw the 2019 leg as I was sad to see a couple songs dropped but know I’m thinking harder now about making a trip to Tampa or NC.

Ok, a short review.

Senjutsu sonhs worked well live. H was shining on them. Especiallly the title track and TWOTW (which is in drop D live). However, the set change to cathedral took absolute ages. Revelations, SOTC and Icarus were great. And Ade sang backing vocals on FOI again. FOTD is a must (I could do without it). Hallowed works much better here as the transition to hell (I said it numerous times a few years ago). Beast and IM were fine. Trooper as the first encore was a surprise. So was Clansman as the second. RTTH was expected. Aces High was slow and uninspired. Pt seemed like they played it because they must...

P.S. again... No SIT or SSOASS songs is a crime against humanity.

Last edited:
Yup. It was tight as fuck. But as someone said before... Aces was slow as hell.
Yeah but still prefer it this way with Bruce singing it decently then the atrocity that was sadly immortalized in Nights Of The Dead or the Rock In Rio 2019 broadcast (yeah I know he was sick in that period but I simply can't listen to it). My fear is that sooner or later as the tour dates pile it will take its toll on Bruce's performance (like a couple of members here mentioned). And Lisbon is their last European date. :(

My final take is if they want to stick to the realms and opening with Senjutu's fine. But in order to make a more balanced set (mingling uptempo songs with epic ones) and mainly to preserve Bruce's voice I'd go with:

Senjutsu realm:
Senjutsu
Stratego
The Writing On The Wall

War realm:
Churchill speech (some explosions plus the intro gives time to remove the previous set and low down the Spitfire)
Aces High
The Clansman (preceded by some banter with just a spotlight on Bruce to address the crowd and give time to remove the spitfire)
The Trooper (cannons exploding at the end making time for the set to change)

Religion realm:
Revelations
Sign Of The Cross
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Hell realm:
Flight Of Icarus
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:
The Number Of The Beast
Blood Brothers
Run To The Hills

IMO this is much more balanced and would be easier to preform.

It's strange to see The Clansman as part of the encore being such a long song.
My final take is if they want to stick to the realms and opening with Senjutu's fine. But in order to make a more balanced set (mingling uptempo songs with epic ones) and mainly to preserve Bruce's voice I'd go with:

Senjutsu realm:
Senjutsu
Stratego
The Writing On The Wall

War realm:
Churchill speech (some explosions plus the intro gives time to remove the previous set and low down the Spitfire)
Aces High
The Clansman (preceded by some banter with just a spotlight on Bruce to address the crowd and give time to remove the spitfire)
The Trooper (cannons exploding at the end making time for the set to change)

Religion realm:
Revelations
Sign Of The Cross
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Hell realm:
Flight Of Icarus
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:
The Number Of The Beast
Blood Brothers
Run To The Hills

IMO this is much more balanced and would be easier to preform.
I really like that idea.

the atrocity that was sadly immortalized in Nights Of The Dead
The reason it sounds bad on N.O.T.D.L.O.T.B.L.I.M.C. is because they didn’t give a single fuck when putting the record together. Bruce sounded great elsewhere on the tour, and the sound was awesome. The live album captured none of that. One of their most disappointing releases ever.

The reason it sounds bad on N.O.T.D.L.O.T.B.L.I.M.C. is because they didn’t give a single fuck when putting the record together. Bruce sounded great elsewhere on the tour, and the sound was awesome. The live album captured none of that. One of their most disappointing releases ever.
The Rock in Rio stream captures their sound better.

Agreed... it's a disgrace to the point I just simply want to forget that damn record even exists. And yes... I saw videos from the 2018 leg and Bruce's sounding so much better... there's no possible comparison. IMO he was even sounding better than during the Book Of Souls Tour.

My level of excitment for this week concert in Bucharest dropped a little when seeing the setlist and I was not sure why. Now I figured, H has only 6 solos out of 15 songs which is a disgracefully low number.

From the footage I have seen so far Bruce sounds outstanding. Better than 2019, almost on par with 2018. Force of nature. The man turns 64 this year. Compare with Bon Jovi, who is younger, has tuned down and still sounds like a dying cat.

From the footage I have seen so far Bruce sounds outstanding. Better than 2019, almost on par with 2018. Force of nature. The man turns 64 this year. Compare with Bon Jovi, who is younger, has tuned down and still sounds like a dying cat.
I think even some dying cat sounds better than Bon Jovi. Anyways nice to be back here and I've catched up with you here.

Yes after seeing some videos from aces high too Bruce sounds great! he just doesn't try to hit the fly to liiiive note since it's the last song which is pretty logical but ah they should put it 4th it will sound INCREDIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back