Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like my hopes of Ghost opening for Iron Maiden next year are gone. Ghost is doing their own tour in Feb-March, then apparently opening for Metallica from May-September...

Unless Maiden happen to tour the US throughout April, or after September. Which both are a possibility, I guess.

I have no problem if Maiden don't even tour Europe next year to be honest. With three tours in three consecutive years Europe has been almost over saturated with Iron Maiden, or at least I have with 10 shows in the last 3 years. Europe has seen the Legacy of the Beast tour and now its the rest of the world's turn, but if there are more European shows next year then it will be frustrating if there's not one in the UK and also frustrating if the one and only UK show is in a muddy field in the middle of nowhere.

I have no problem if Maiden don't even tour Europe next year to be honest. With three tours in three consecutive years Europe has been almost over saturated with Iron Maiden, or at least I have with 10 shows in the last 3 years. Europe has seen the Legacy of the Beast tour and now its the rest of the world's turn, but if there are more European shows next year then it will be frustrating if there's not one in the UK and also frustrating if the one and only UK show is in a muddy field in the middle of nowhere.

Every cloud has a silver lining: if they play Download next year, we would get a full UK tour for the next tour cycle (hopefully s new album one).

Rock in Rio confirmed (4 Oct 2019):
Iron Maiden
Scorpions
Megadeth
Sepultura

This will probably be the last concert of next year's tour.

I think so too. Assuming no huge breaks it will be South America probably all of September with probably most of the summer for North America.

Iron Maiden
Scorpions
Megadeth
Sepultura

That's an awesome lineup. I assume North American tour will be in June-August and South America September-October. I hope they announce dates next month or November.

Assuming they will write-record the new album from now before the 2019 leg of the tour, could it be that they will perform one of the songs from the upcoming album?

Assuming they will write-record the new album from now before the 2019 leg of the tour, could it be that they will perform one of the songs from the upcoming album?

This is the same speculation people did when there was a lengthy period between tour announcement and start last time, so I wouldn't hold my hopes high.

Yes, Maiden on ROCK IN RIO 2019 :nana: As far as I know, RIR always do a live stream, so we will have a professional footage from this incredible tour (well, the sound probably will be awful). And if they play Download Festival next year, we can expect 4 or more songs to be released with a professional footage and with a great sound.

https://ironmaiden.com/news/article/rir

rir_smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Sooooo,

January - May: Write and record new album
June - August: North America
September - October: South America

...one can dream... :D

I think that is certainly plausable.

Let's be honest, they aren't going to tour for more than a few months. So it would be a possible 9 months gap from the end of LOTB tour to the hypothetical start of the new tour, which seems suspiciously long to me.

If Maiden changes the setlist for 2019, I want a song from NPFTD album to be performed - the title track, BYD... TTS or Tailgunner. Or they can play a song from this album only on the RIR concert as a special bonus (like with RTTH in 2001), because at least one song from the first album to the BNW album was performed live in the RIR festival, but no songs from NPFTD album. That's a good excuse :p:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back