Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the overall better sound at the shows on this tour can make up for some of the problems of a poor stream.

RaR '14 really doesn't belong in the same category as the other two. The mix was decent, even if the performance was really tired. RiR '13 was unbelievably poorly mixed throughout (check out the mix guy noticing he had the guitars on fucking mono right in the middle of ATSS) while Wacken was just crappy in the worst way possible: not bad enough to be amusing, but not good enough to be tolerable. Just poor overall, I've heard better bootlegs.

Guitars are mono. The guy just depressed "make this sound like shit" key.

I meant mono as in "all three guitars are mixed to one, mono channel" which is exactly what seemed to happen with that mix. They started off nicely separated but then something happens and suddenly they're all mixed dead center, which obviously makes them sound like shit. It seems to happen somewhere between 2MTM and ATSS, because the former is mostly okay, but ATSS is just horrifying.

Props for the sound guy for having the keyboards up in the mix, though. That middle section of ATSS feels really empty without that Hammond organ sound. Of course it also sounds pretty empty when all the guitars are lumped up together in the middle, but hey...

e: Also, when the guy notices his error on the guitars, he fucks up the levels on the bass drum mic. Unbelievable.

Roughly when do Maiden usually announce their tour dates for the following year?
Depends when they are touring. NA tours I think are announced around four months before the tour. So if it's a summer tour, I wouldn't expect that to be announced until early next year. South America will probably be announced before christmas.

My guess for next year

Europe: 25th of may to mid-June
USA: End of June to end of August
South America: Beginning of September to beginning of October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back