Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when Maiden were playing the UK gigs there was some discussion about why Maiden were not using St. George's flag when Eddie was being shot by Bruce during The Trooper. The answer can be found in the most recent FC magazine (issue #109), courtesy of Ed Stewart-Lockhart from the Phantom team.

Talking of The Trooper, a few of you may be wondering why in the UK we used a Legacy of the Beast flag on the musket. Well, Bruce quite rightly pointed out that you could never shoot Eddie with a British or English flag, which wasn't something we had thought of but we all agreed that he was absolutely right!

The good old Brucie :lol:

I really hope that at least São Paulo is true.

I will attend both. RIR with gf and friends, and São Paulo solo so I can go to the barrier as close as possible.

Anyway, one bad thing about them playing RIR (end of september) is that it means it will probably be at the end of the tour, and I bet Bruce will be tired :(.

Bruce has found the fountain of youth so no worries.
Well, he is still 60 and the tiredness can be heard in his voice at the end of the tour. Not so much this year, because it was relatively short, but in 2016, his voice was pretty fried at the end.

Well, he is still 60 and the tiredness can be heard in his voice at the end of the tour. Not so much this year, because it was relatively short, but in 2016, his voice was pretty fried at the end.
I thought his voice was worse in 2016 than this year due to him still recovering from chemo?

I thought his voice was worse in 2016 than this year due to him still recovering from chemo?
In the begining yes. Especially the first few dates. That was recovery and Bruce hit 2 peaks during 2016 vocally. Shows in SA and the first few in Europe were phenomenal vocally. But a few shows after Ullevi (around Moscow), there was an audible tiredness in his voice. That's 50 shows into a tour, which is understandable.

#IBlameRod for booking a 72 date world tour.

In the begining yes. Especially the first few dates. That was recovery and Bruce hit 2 peaks during 2016 vocally. Shows in SA and the first few in Europe were phenomenal vocally. But a few shows after Ullevi (around Moscow), there was an audible tiredness in his voice. That's 50 shows into a tour, which is understandable.

#IBlameRod for booking a 72 date world tour.

So do I

https://forum.maidenfans.com/thread...rumours-discussions.71006/page-21#post-764261

And so does Bruce quite possibly too...

The past few streams have been awful. Rock in Rio 2013, Rock am Ring 2014, Wacken 2016 (only redeeming feature is it's the only pro-shot release of Tears of a Clown).

The past few streams have been awful. Rock in Rio 2013, Rock am Ring 2014, Wacken 2016 (only redeeming feature is it's the only pro-shot release of Tears of a Clown).
RaR '14 really doesn't belong in the same category as the other two. The mix was decent, even if the performance was really tired. RiR '13 was unbelievably poorly mixed throughout (check out the mix guy noticing he had the guitars on fucking mono right in the middle of ATSS) while Wacken was just crappy in the worst way possible: not bad enough to be amusing, but not good enough to be tolerable. Just poor overall, I've heard better bootlegs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back