Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a show at the O2! The band were on fine form and the sound was great. I wear custom musician earplugs at gigs and it makes everything quieter and more even.

Highlights were WED, Clansman, Revelations, FTGGOG, SOTC and Flight of Icarus. FTGGOG was so heavy and atmospheric. It came across better than on the AMLOAD tour. And I finally got to see some Blaze songs.

What a fantastic gig, glad I am going tomorrow as well as I was just fixated on Bruce the whole time.

I am not sure how I am going to make it through two standing nights in a row but I will dig deep :)

Absolute highlights were Sign of the cross and FOI. The Clansman on RIR is so damn epic it will always not live up to that.

Bruce and Nicko were the stars tonight, sound was great as well. The only criticism I have (and bear in mind he is my favourite) I don’t know what Janick is doing with these solos...

Honorable mention to the backdrop in Sign of the cross, freaking awesome. Actually all the backdrops with the exception of the trooper were great

Also did Janick always play the intro to FTGGOG? I thought it was Dave

It is possible to film 10 seconds without obstructing. And air-drumming can be done for the rest of the two hour concert.
Some bloke I've never met before was "air drumming" on my shoulder for the first few songs tonight. He apologised very nicely when he realised what he was doing :lol:

UPDATE: he was there again tonight, and actually remembered me!

Last edited:
It's good to hear this, as for me Sign of the Cross has been the highlight of the tour, and they are definitely playing it better than when they were 18(!) years younger.

I love the fact that Bruce picked it and H enjoys it.
I'm not sure I agree they are playing it better, but they have added some details which makes it very special.

What a great show! We ended up right next to the front of house desk and the sound was incredible. Hard to believe Bruce just turned 60! Highlights were WED, Clansman, FTGGOG, Wicker Man, SOTC, Icarus... and Nicko fucking up the end of the RTTH intro and missing the crash cymbal hits before the first verse :D

In all seriousness, I agree Nick and Bruce were the stars of the show, but a fantastic performance by all- gotta love that hometown gig energy! Will definitely come back and see them at the O2 again on as many future tours as possible!

At the end of the show last night Bruce said "See you tomorrow or next year". Really hope that means there might be a few dates in Europe/UK again.

I hope for tonight's last show of the tour, Bruce to talk about the future plans of the band - the second leg of the tour in 2019, new album (hopefully) in 2019 etc....

At the end of the show last night Bruce said "See you tomorrow or next year". Really hope that means there might be a few dates in Europe/UK again.
He's basically speaking at any concert (in particular something like a London gig) to an international audience. So some of those people will indeed see them next year if they're touring. Somewhere. Be surprised if the UK gets any date next year; although a festival or another London gig is totally possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back