Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen Maiden in O2 in 2013 (indoors), then TBOS in Rock in Roma (outdoors). Lastly in Florence for TLOTB (outdoors). Not a vast experience, but my impression was that TLOTB was the best by far.

My main critique before was Bruce's voice being occasionally lost among the guitars. I have seen that Pooch resolved it very well simply by rearranging all the midrange: I was so satisfied to hear Bruce that way singing FOI. He never suffered to make us hear how high he rises.

I don't know about the indoors LOTB, but in Florence the overall sound was more V-shaped compared to what I saw from Maiden before. It was V-shaped, except for the mic of Bruce above the rest of the midrange. Therefore,
- the bass was above all, the clarity of what Steve plays was amazing.
- the 3 guitars were less edgy and somewhat contained.
- Nicko's snare sounded a bit more distant to me--occasionally gave the impression that the soundstage was deeper than it actually is.
The toms, however, were heavy, meaty and somewhat echoed.

They also change the sound from time to time. SOTC intro: Nicko's drum was given a somewhat artificial tone so as to sound like a marching drum.

FOI: Bruce's voice was intentionally echoed + reverberated at some moments, such as the "flyyyy yeaaaaaaaa" part at the end, or the "in the eyeee!!" part in the middle. They were well planned IMO.

Last edited:
Just found this on YouTube, posted 2 days ago.

If genuine then this would be the earliest public domain recording of Iron Maiden, with Dennis Wilcock on Vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back