Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maiden England was completely unlike anything they'd ever done before, since it was the first time they stretched out a tour with one theme over three years. I don't see how it relates to Legacy of the Beast, since it was largely motivated by wanting to hit certain big festivals and other dates in Europe in 2014 and I believe many of those dates are being fulfilled this year. Also, I doubt the band has forgot that the clock is still ticking. If they want to tour the next album, then pushing LotB over three years would be downright suicidal.

It's not that I'm saying it's not possible, but it doesn't really feel likely at all at this point. It's not like this is even a massive history tour with a set theme like ME was, this is very much in line with GMETID - a stopgap tour between albums.

a stopgap tour between albums.
No. Not with the stage they've built. That was expensive. This is their most impressive stage show in a hell of a long time - and that's saying something. You don't spend that much money on Eddies and planes and wings and flamethrowers for a two month tour one year and a short tour the next year. This thing is going to be ME sized, possibly TBOS sized.

Can we all come back to earth? I'm not ruling out an Iron Maiden album being recorded in 2019, but it would certainly be after the next leg of the Legacy of the Beast World Tour. I think LOTB is likely to stretch into 2020, with a short European leg with an altered setlist, much like Maiden England. That might be where we get our one new song, in 2020. That's the absolute earliest I think anyone can expect a new track from Iron Maiden.

Every time people on this forum get themselves worked up over these little tidbits and rumours they walk away disappointed. How many of you were completely sure this was the tour where AtG was going to be played? How many people were sure we were getting a new album in 2014 for the last leg of Maiden England? Going back, I remember intense speculation on an Iron Maiden album coming out in 2008.

Don't get your hopes up. Iron Maiden is a huge enterprise, and this band does one thing at a time almost all of the time.

Wise words.

I do think the LOTB tour would be 2018-2019, with new album tour from 2020. They will most probably tour North and South America next year, and quite possibly other territories if it is feasible from a logistics point of view.

No. Not with the stage they've built. That was expensive. This is their most impressive stage show in a hell of a long time - and that's saying something. You don't spend that much money on Eddies and planes and wings and flamethrowers for a two month tour one year and a short tour the next year. This thing is going to be ME sized, possibly TBOS sized.

:ok:

Whenever you find yourself thinking, "What will Maiden do?" The answer is always to follow the expense book.

Adrian's solo on Revelations is great, some parts remind on solos like Still Life, ATG or even Different World.
He earlier got back his solos from Janick on some songs (Moonchild, HCW), but I don't remember that two of them switched night after night for the same song.
I've never considered that there is Janick's soloing part that has to be fullfilled on the setlist, so I guess this is one of the reasons why FOTD is never ommited.

Can we all come back to earth? I'm not ruling out an Iron Maiden album being recorded in 2019, but it would certainly be after the next leg of the Legacy of the Beast World Tour. I think LOTB is likely to stretch into 2020, with a short European leg with an altered setlist, much like Maiden England. That might be where we get our one new song, in 2020. That's the absolute earliest I think anyone can expect a new track from Iron Maiden.

Every time people on this forum get themselves worked up over these little tidbits and rumours they walk away disappointed. How many of you were completely sure this was the tour where AtG was going to be played? How many people were sure we were getting a new album in 2014 for the last leg of Maiden England? Going back, I remember intense speculation on an Iron Maiden album coming out in 2008.

Don't get your hopes up. Iron Maiden is a huge enterprise, and this band does one thing at a time almost all of the time.
If they are getting together early 2019 to work on an album as steve stated there is no way it's coming out in 2020. Legacy will only have a brief run of North and south America only with the album late 2019 would be my guess

Not everyone is a great soloist. Just because someone isn’t a good soloist doesn’t mean they are a bad guitar player. Janick has strengths elsewhere.

Yep, so it Makes no sense to give him solos to butcher that ain't his in the first place, he should keep sticking to those strengths only.

So many fans with so many expectations. Must be soul destroying to focus so much on what a band will or won’t do then be disappointed.

NO MAIDEN ALBUM IN 2018 or 2019 folks. There, I said it. Now focus on something else and enjoy the new maiden album in 2020 :p

I'm just hoping they will tour the US in 2019 (I belive they will) and they come to Atlanta or within driving distance, it's pretty much a given they will go to Ft. Lauderdale.

How many more new albums are people hoping for? 2 is the absolutely maximum imo, more likely 1 plus a tour, then a 'farewell' tour.

If they are getting together early 2019 to work on an album as steve stated there is no way it's coming out in 2020. Legacy will only have a brief run of North and south America only with the album late 2019 would be my guess
Steve didn't say they would be getting together in 2019 to work on an album. He said they'd have a meeting to talk about it. Iron Maiden functions like a corporation these days - you have conversations about conversations you want to have relating to things you may or may not want to see happening. It's a process.

I will bet money that we do not see an album in 2019.

Steve didn't say they would be getting together in 2019 to work on an album. He said they'd have a meeting to talk about it. Iron Maiden functions like a corporation these days - you have conversations about conversations you want to have relating to things you may or may not want to see happening. It's a process.

Not exactly true. Steve's words can be translated as "I believe we will get together early next year to start working on new (song) ideas in fact we already have a few ideas and songs half finished for the new album. You know us, we do not stop and the idea of a new album is already in our minds".

That is much more than a meeting to talk about the album. ;)

I would not expect any a album related touring until 2020, once the LOTB cycle is over.

Don't believe there will be new Maiden album before late 2019. But I do expect Bruce's new record to be out before the end of 2018. Even if IM continue Legacy tour in the 2019. they won't go touring before February, so Bruce will surely have enough time to promote his record in media, like he did with his book. Also, I still hope that H will ressurect his idea about instrumental record he talked about during BNW tour.

Last edited:
How many more new albums are people hoping for? 2 is the absolutely maximum imo, more likely 1 plus a tour, then a 'farewell' tour.

I'd like to think they'd be done in 2025 after two straight two-year album cycles, but Nicko'd be 73 when it's all said and done. I think 2020-2021 we'll get a tour for the final album and then 2022-2023 will be the farewell tour.

The press release said the tour would be going into 2019, not sure why that would change especially since the tour seems to be a big success so far. At the same time, they do seem more enthusiastic about new material lately. It's a stark contrast to the TFF/Maiden England era when they never said anything definitive about new music and overall didn't seem all that excited about TFF (we also heard stories about H being unhappy with certain aspects, it had the lowest representation of a new album on its tour since the early 90s, and they haven't played anything from it since). They actually seem inspired this time around and Steve definitively saying they're working on the album when we're just a few weeks into a nostalgia tour is also a good sign. But LC is also right: at the end of the day Maiden is a small corporation and their management has a large say in what happens. There's no way Rod is going to cut a huge cash cow short in favor of making an album that nobody (comparatively speaking) will buy.

On a somewhat related note, I'm also starting to think they will continue without Nicko. He keeps pushing that idea in interviews and he seems so serious about it that I could see them taking him up on it. There are also many other bands continuing without key members and finding success with it. We all like to think Maiden is different, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up happening.

On a somewhat related note, I'm also starting to think they will continue without Nicko. He keeps pushing that idea in interviews and he seems so serious about it that I could see them taking him up on it. There are also many other bands continuing without key members and finding success with it. We all like to think Maiden is different, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up happening.
I hope it does happen. It would extend the band's lifetime for at least 5 years. I hope Nicko gets his wish of playing Alex before that though :p

Not sure how I feel about it. If the band keeps making new music and continues to have the same energy on stage I might be OK with it. Cheap Trick is a less discussed band that dropped an original member (who also happens to be a drummer) and has become better for it. They are making new music a lot more now and have become way more adventurous in the songs they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back