Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me wonder if the current tour will be confined to 2018 only, with something different in the works for 2019?

What will happen after August 11, the day on which the tour will end in style on 02 London ? In the words of Harris: "Well, as is normal after a very long tour, we will take some time off ... well, rather them, because I plan to do some performances with British Lion this fall in Canada, Latin America and Japan , and I'll have to put the band back to the point. But I think that at the beginning of the year we will meet to start working on new themes, in fact we already have several ideas and some half-assembled songs for a new album. You know, you already know us, Iron Maiden does not stop, and the idea of a new album we already have in mind. "

May I ask what is the source for those words? Thanks.

Hey, chill out and take it easy. :) I wouldn't worry too much about that. It does say in the LOTB tour press release that the tour will continue into 2019. Maiden could easily do a small month long 12-15 date North American tour before they work on the new album.

Or plans changed, expected to continue into 2019 wasn't set in stone

No they will never miss non-Europe after all this great preparation.

The surprise of BoS was 2 cds. The next surprise may be the LOTB + NEW ALBUM at the same time. o_O

No they will never miss non-Europe after all this great preparation.

The surprise of BoS was 2 cds. The next surprise may be the LOTB + NEW ALBUM at the same time. o_O

Maybe Maiden to release the new album during the LOTB tour in 2019 is the surprise that Dave was talking about.

I find it very hard to believe that Maiden would create their most elaborate and extensive stage set yet and only take it out for a three month spin around Europe. Rodney would not consider that cost effective!

Janicks solo on SotC is so sloppy and tuneless, ergh. Sucks because it all sounds so great until his solo lowers the tone.
I was actually a little disappointed at his solos in general. I dunno what happened, on TBOS tour I thought most of his improvisations were great but this time it's like he just sorta played the same couple of things in slightly different order for every single solo.

I find it very hard to believe that Maiden would create their most elaborate and extensive stage set yet and only take it out for a three month spin around Europe. Rodney would not consider that cost effective!

They will obviously maximise the profit from their investment with a 2019 rest of the world leg of this tour. Not doing that is as likely as them playing Alexander the Great in Stockholm tonight.

Wait, Dave promised surprise(s) in 2018 o_O maybe a live and video album of the LOTB tour could be released 'till the end of the year... like TBOS: LC which was released after the tour was over in 2017, not like the previous live and video/DVD's albums at the next year !

Last edited:
He's actually a good player, a strong songwriter, and most people in the crowd love his stage moves. Yeah his solos are sloppy imo (FFS GIVE ADRIAN HIS HBTN SOLO BACK PLS) but acceptable, and miles better than anything I could put out.

Not everyone is a great soloist. Just because someone isn’t a good soloist doesn’t mean they are a bad guitar player. Janick has strengths elsewhere.

Can we all come back to earth? I'm not ruling out an Iron Maiden album being recorded in 2019, but it would certainly be after the next leg of the Legacy of the Beast World Tour. I think LOTB is likely to stretch into 2020, with a short European leg with an altered setlist, much like Maiden England. That might be where we get our one new song, in 2020. That's the absolute earliest I think anyone can expect a new track from Iron Maiden.

Every time people on this forum get themselves worked up over these little tidbits and rumours they walk away disappointed. How many of you were completely sure this was the tour where AtG was going to be played? How many people were sure we were getting a new album in 2014 for the last leg of Maiden England? Going back, I remember intense speculation on an Iron Maiden album coming out in 2008.

Don't get your hopes up. Iron Maiden is a huge enterprise, and this band does one thing at a time almost all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back