Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will always complain. They give us the most amazing set in ages (maybe ever) and you still cry for ATG. I hope after this tour nobody will hype themselves for that song and just enjoy the amazing set that they have given us.
To be fair Alexander the Great has (at least during my 20 years online) been the most requested song from the entire catalog. Was anyone around for Somewhere On Tour? Did you expect ATG for that album tour? Odd they can't find space for it on a single tour, not even the album tour itself.

To be fair Alexander the Great has (at least during my 20 years online) been the most requested song from the entire catalog. Odd they can't find space for it on a single tour.
It's not that they can't find a space. The reality is that they just don't want to perform it. I'm just thankful that Maiden is still touring and is able to put the same amount of energy into their live shows as they were in the 80's and still sound just as great, if not better.

It's not that they can't find a space. The reality is that they just don't want to perform it.
Some of the members have been playing certain songs for more than 42 years now. I'm sure there are songs they would love not to play already in the set :D Just put ATG in there and be done with it.

AtG is the most requested or hyped up song on forums like this, but among the wider fanbase, people just want to hear Trooper, RTTH, FOTD, NOTB and Hallowed. I kind of wish they would put Alexander on just once, because I'm sure it would lose its "hidden gem" hype, as well as boring those who want the hits. Icarus is a big bonus to me, because I wouldn't have predicted they'd resurrect something like that. FTGGOG is another bonus, because I don't think there'll be much of the reunion era brought back in future, and it looked like the Blaze era songs were long forgotten.

If they played it live, the same people who constantly moan about ATG here would complain that it didn’t sound right because they didn’t use the “right” gear or Janick butchered Adrian’s solo or some other petty complaint.

It has nothing to do with a song that would be exciting live and everything to do with entitled fans who are negative about everything, complain about every remotely “overplayed” song and have unrealistic expectations. I don’t see why expecting Alexander is any more reasonable than wanting them to play something like Gangland or Women in Uniform.

Like it or not, the never ending requests for ATG will continiue :) I remember people wanting it for BNW tour. I've been asking for Blaze era for 14 years now, so I guess I'll have to quit complain. Or join another camp. Like the 'Play Purgatory' camp,

If they played it live, the same people who constantly moan about ATG here would complain that it didn’t sound right because they didn’t use the “right” gear or Janick butchered Adrian’s solo or some other petty complaint.

It has nothing to do with a song that would be exciting live and everything to do with entitled fans who are negative about everything, complain about every remotely “overplayed” song and have unrealistic expectations. I don’t see why expecting Alexander is any more reasonable than wanting them to play something like Gangland or Women in Uniform.
I think people want to hear ATG more so than other never played songs form the 80's because it's the only longer, epic type song that hasn't been performed. Other songs just aren't quite as interesting and exciting. ATG seems to have this "legendary" status attached to it.

I think people want to hear ATG more so than other never played songs form the 80's because it's the only longer, epic type song that hasn't been performed. Other songs just aren't quite as interesting and exciting. ATG seems to have this "legendary" status attached to it.
Exactly, but unlike what some are saying, that status is firmly cemented by now. They could throw it in the setlist for this and 2 more tours in a row; it would still be remembered as the song that took them 30 years to play live.

Don't get me wrong, I love the set. Must be so much pressure on the band when putting it together! So many layers of fans. The casual, the hardcore, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back