Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t the last lawsuit come about mid tour in 2016? It wasn’t until 2017 that the setlist was changed though. That’ll be insane if they drop Hallowed again though. There are going to be Maiden fans who will have never seen Hallowed live despite catching the band several times.

Yesterday I saw Maiden, I didn't know most of the setlist. I had an idea of Aces High but the rest was all unspoiled. Sign of the Cross and Flight of Icarus must have been the highlights with The Clansman and FTGGOG being wonderful additions as well. I could have done without most of the theatrics but it was sort of fun as well. It distracts from the music though.

Bruce was in very good shape but I haven't compared with earlier gigs.

I don't think they will take out the songs... they are mid tour! And also I can't see them taking out "Iron Maiden" now or in the future. It's like a tradition for the big eddie to appear in this song. I can't imagine another song that would fit that.

Iron Maiden has been the last song in every gig they ever played. For the reason alone it should remain.

Headstock is gone. New neck needed.

36408560_2176346322392901_6337556173205536768_n.jpg

I hope he will start to use the white V more often, not only for a rhythm guitar on RTTH.... :p

Yesterday I saw Maiden, I didn't know most of the setlist. I had an idea of Aces High but the rest was all unspoiled. Sign of the Cross and Flight of Icarus must have been the highlights with The Clansman and FTGGOG being wonderful additions as well. I could have done without most of the theatrics but it was sort of fun as well. It distracts from the music though.

Bruce was in very good shape but I haven't compared with earlier gigs.

Bruce has been in very good shape so far. Other things worth mentioning is that the new sound tech seems to be really good, way better than Martin Walker or Doug Hall. Long may he remain with the band.

Other things that we have discussed while you were away is that Janick and Dave have been somewhat sloppy playing solos, Adrian has been consistently good and had a few tantrums, and Steve and Nicko have played really well so far (Nicko's bass drum pedal broke during Sign of the Cross in Stockholm and that caused a minor crisis, with Davey getting lost mid song).

I think that's most of it! :lol:

Adrian has been consistently good and had a few tantrums,

More info on this?
We were stalking at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in Prague, saw a few guys go in and at one point Adrian and his wife went to the hotel restaurant to have lunch. We sat on the other side with a friend, had a few beers and I was conemplating going over and asking for a photo. But then some more fans with Maiden shirts joined in and H + wife starting sending evil glazes our way, visibly annoyed, they discussed something passionately with the waiter and all in all looked rather un-pleased. So in the end I did not want to annoy them further and missed something what I consider could have been a huge chance. Anyway my point is to ask what could be the reason for his bad moods?

36087482_1730793540341023_6495960803374530560_n.jpg

More info on this?

He smashed one guitar the other day, threw a guitar to the floor at another show, etc.

We were stalking at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in Prague, saw a few guys go in and at one point Adrian and his wife went to the hotel restaurant to have lunch. We sat on the other side with a friend, had a few beers and I was conemplating going over and asking for a photo. But then some more fans with Maiden shirts joined in and H + wife starting sending evil glazes our way, visibly annoyed, they discussed something passionately with the waiter and all in all looked rather un-pleased. So in the end I did not want to annoy them further and missed something what I consider could have been a huge chance. Anyway my point is to ask what could be the reason for his bad moods?

I guess he might have been unhappy with the sound on stage.

More info on this?

View attachment 7100

They're entitled to a break at the very least when they're inside the hotel. They paid good money to have a minimum of privacy. It's to be expected that people would wait for them outside the hotel, but stalking them in the hotel is just taking it too far. If they can't even have a bite to eat without being drooled over by fans, I really see why he would be in a bad mood.

Bruce has been in very good shape so far. Other things worth mentioning is that the new sound tech seems to be really good, way better than Martin Walker or Doug Hall. Long may he remain with the band.

Other things that we have discussed while you were away is that Janick and Dave have been somewhat sloppy playing solos, Adrian has been consistently good and had a few tantrums, and Steve and Nicko have played really well so far (Nicko's bass drum pedal broke during Sign of the Cross in Stockholm and that caused a minor crisis, with Davey getting lost mid song).

I think that's most of it! :lol:
Thanks for the trivia, Ghost!

I thought Nicko was very good indeed. Tight during Iron Maiden! Steve seemed more motivated than in a long while.
Didn't feel Janick was any different last night and Dave indeed may have had some small trouble with certain patterns in (just) a few of his solos.

What I liked was this: Dave's solos were so audible. Much better in the last 3 or 4 or more tours or so.

The boys were on fire!

What do you mean with tantrums? What happened to Adrian? (edit: sorry, I hadn't read other posts yet).

I need to see a vid for SOTC in Stockholm.

Any other recommendable vids?

WTF?

Really? Which shows precisely? Any background on this?

He smashed the guitar during Iron Maiden in Freiburg, but I cannot remember at what show he threw the guitar to the floor after The Wicker Man (@matic22 would probably remember).

Regarding the Stockholm show, there is a rather good bootleg of that show:

Thanks!

A most nasty moment to lose that bass drum! Very interesting to watch though. The band focuses on 'Arry more than ever during that part, he knows best where the song is. Not easy for Nicko himself either!

Last edited:
On Dave:

I think he has (especially?) trouble with the ending of the solos. Maybe he's dealing with some sort of problem (pain?), making it difficult to keep playing it well until the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back