Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also the case outside this forum...

I don't see it this way, to be honest. In my circle of friends (who are not in this forum), 90% of them think AMOLAD is boring. I don't like it very much myself, but I wouldn't say it is boring (it's a tough word). But I really have the impression that AMOLAD is more loved here than anywhere else.

Also, about the critics stuff: I never took those internet-era reviews seriously. Anything that Maiden does will be considered as "masterpiece" by the critics from the internet and also those well-known magazines such as Kerrang, Metal Hammer, etc. And I get that: it would not be wise to say bad things about an album from one of the most popular heavy metal bands, right?

I already know how most of the critics will rank the new Iron Maiden album, even if it is as bad as NPFTD. Kerrang!: 4,5 out of 5,0. Metal Hammer: 4,5 out of 5,0. And so on.

Is AMOLAD loved by the general Maiden fans? I don't think it is. Let's get to the facts:

1) FTGGOG is the song that gets less response from the audience.
2) Many people complained when they played the whole album live (that's exactly where the "PlayClassics!" joke came from).

So, yes, I honestly think this forum is the place where AMOLAD gets most of its love.

I think there are several reasons:

-FTGGOG was performed only on one tour until 2018.
-Most of AMLOAD was kinda forgotten because, well, none of it was performed for quite a while (that's for casual fans and new fans).
-It's a song that also doesn't have those sing-along moments like WTWWB or even Dance Of Death.
-It isn't featured on any live album. BNW songs are on RIR, DOD are on DOTR, TFF are on En Vivo, TBOS on Live Chapter. AMLOAD ones? Nowhere, because of that failed Download recording.
-IM fanbase grew considerably during the 2008-2010 period thanks to SBIT tour and a lot people were not exposed to AMLOAD.
-When people hear a live recording where the audience sings, they are more likely to engage into singing the song when they hear it live.

Also, I'll just throw this there. In Helsinki, 1st night, FOTD was one of the songs that got the least response from the audience (at least first 10 rows) along with FTGGOG, which just proves that us diehards, are bored of it :D , while we went nuts during Clansman, Icarus and WED.

I don't see it this way, to be honest. In my circle of friends (who are not in this forum), 90% of them think AMOLAD is boring. I don't like it very much myself, but I wouldn't say it is boring (it's a tough word). But I really have the impression that AMOLAD is more loved here than anywhere else.

Also, about the critics stuff: I never took those internet-era reviews seriously. Anything that Maiden does will be considered as "masterpiece" by the critics from the internet and also those well-known magazines such as Kerrang, Metal Hammer, etc. And I get that: it would not be wise to say bad things about an album from one of the most popular heavy metal bands, right?

I already know how most of the critics will rank the new Iron Maiden album, even if it is as bad as NPFTD. Kerrang!: 4,5 out of 5,0. Metal Hammer: 4,5 out of 5,0. And so on.

Is AMOLAD loved by the general Maiden fans? I don't think it is. Let's get to the facts:

2) Many people complained when they played the whole album live (that's exactly where the "PlayClassics!" joke came from).

So, yes, I honestly think this forum is the place where AMOLAD gets most of its love.

Thank you! That's exactly what I mean.

I think there are several reasons:

-FTGGOG was performed only on one tour until 2018.
-Most of AMLOAD was kinda forgotten because, well, none of it was performed for quite a while (that's for casual fans and new fans).
-It's a song that also doesn't have those sing-along moments like WTWWB or even Dance Of Death.
-It isn't featured on any live album. BNW songs are on RIR, DOD are on DOTR, TFF are on En Vivo, TBOS on Live Chapter. AMLOAD ones? Nowhere, because of that failed Download recording.
-IM fanbase grew considerably during the 2008-2010 period thanks to SBIT tour and a lot people were not exposed to AMLOAD.
-When people hear a live recording where the audience sings, they are more likely to engage into singing the song when they hear it live.

Also, I'll just throw this there. In Helsinki, 1st night, FOTD was one of the songs that got the least response from the audience (at least first 10 rows) along with FTGGOG, which just proves that us diehards, are bored of it :D , while we went nuts during Clansman, Icarus and WED.

I agree with you 100% and the stuff you wrote just shows even more the initial point, which is: AMOLAD is more popular and more loved here than anywhere else :D.

I can't believe people are complaining about FTGGOG's inclusion into this set.

What are you people on?

I am not, by the way. It looks like we are complaining about AMOLAD, but we are not. I'm just saying that it is loved here more than anywhere else.

I don't love FTGGOG, but I welcomed it very much in the setlist, just because of its rarity. And when the tour reaches Brazil, I will certainly be singing it by heart.

I can't believe people are complaining about FTGGOG's inclusion into this set.

What are you people on?
Yes, just out of curisosity, can anybody share with us some comments where people (from outside this forum) complain about the inclusion of FTGGOG in the set? (Apart from this stockholm review in which the song was claimed to not get any positive feedback from the crowd).

My impression at least from the social media accounts of Maiden is that nobody complains, or even implies that s/he puts up with it. Instead, all the explicit references to the song seem positive to me.

I agree with you 100% and the stuff you wrote just shows even more the initial point, which is: AMOLAD is more popular and more loved here than anywhere else :D.
You are singling out this forum, which is wrong.

I'd say AMLOAD is loved by diehard fans, but isn't appreciated so much by a casual fan. And I just stated a few points why that might be.

Well, the critics however are usually able to say why something is good or not. That's I'd always be interested in what professional critics have to say.
For me, only some critics. I wouldn't give a shit about (or even read) a review of a metal album in Rolling Stone, because they hate heavy metal (other than Metallica)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back