Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys

PS: what's with the prerecorded intros? Is it their attempt to add boring intros EVEN to their classics????haha.....

Nope. The one for Where Eagles Dare is, if I am not mistaken, a clip from the iconic film to set the tone for what's coming. The one before Revelations allows the unveiling of the cathedral-themed stage.

Reactions: Gk1
You know, it's not even surprising that people get so enraged by the prospect of Wrathchild appearing in a setlist. It's in the title, so...

This morning I was in the car listening to RiR 2001. Since we will go to Athens for the Maiden show, my girlfriend constantly asks me what songs will be played, so here comes Wrathchild on the CD and she asks me: "This one sounds good. Will they play it?". I cannot explain how loud my "Noooo!" was.
See - it's a popular choice. :)

I still can't handle how great the setlist and stage work together up to Flight of Icarus and then just becomes random.
They could have done something spectacular here.

It's basically 7th son album live, where one half fits perfect and the rest is gibberish

Nope. The one for Where Eagles Dare is, if I am not mistaken, a clip from the iconic film to set the tone for what's coming. The one before Revelations allows the unveiling of the cathedral-themed stage.

They also used a intro for Where Eagles Dare in 2005, but this time I think, it's because with it they have time to remove the inflatable plane from the stage !

The intro to the Revelations is great (like the intro on DOD live), very mystic and like you said, allows them to unveiling the cathedral-themed stage :)

It isn't a bad song, it's just my 2nd least favourite on an amazing album.

Fair enough, mate. TCDR is my favorite AMOLAD song, but I like when people have different opinions on songs/albums - that's again proves how great are Maiden ;)

I really want Maiden to do a never played live song before in the 2019 leg of the current tour !

The bottom half of the stained glass artwork contains a pharaoh Eddie from the Powerslave tour poster and from that album it has a lot of choice for a never played song before - FOTB, The Duellists and BITV.... [I doubt that they will play Powerslave again after TBOS tour, but who knows.]

For me in the future Maiden must play again or for the first time these songs:

- Prowler
- Transylvania
- Murders In The Rue Morgue
- Killers
- 22 Acacia Avenue
- Still Life
- To Tame A Land
- Caught Somewhere In Time
- The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
- Stranger In A Strange Land
- Alexander The Great (I must believe that one day this will be happen - on the farewell tour will be perfect :p)
- Only The Good Die Young
- No Prayer For The Dying
- Be Quick Or Be Dead
- Wasting Love
- Judas Be My Guide
- Futureal
- Ghost Of The Navigator
- Out Of The Silent Planet
- Rainmaker
+ Sanctuary & Running Free (on their farewell tour :D)

I can not think of any other band that have so many great/hits songs like Maiden - that's why they are the best ! My list can go on and on and on and on.... :ok:

- Prowler
- Transylvania
- Killers
- 22 Acacia Avenue
- Still Life
- To Tame A Land
- Alexander The Great (I must believe that one day this will be happen - on the farewell tour will be perfect :p)
- Be Quick Or Be Dead
- Wasting Love
- Judas Be My Guide
- Futureal
- Ghost Of The Navigator
- Rainmaker

I can not think of any other band that have so many great/hits songs like Maiden - that's why they are the best ! My list can go on and on and on and on.... :ok:

+ Infinite Dreams

So, SOTC in Trondheim was fine I guess. No videos so far, except for a 1 minute snapshot of it on Instagram.

Last edited:

I've only just seen Bruce's costume, it's hilariously awesome. Hope his new-found affinity for changing costumes all concert will result in a full monkey costume for Death Or Glory on the next tour!

- Prowler
- Transylvania
- Killers
- 22 Acacia Avenue
- Still Life
- To Tame A Land
- Be Quick Or Be Dead
- Wasting Love
- Judas Be My Guide
- Futureal
- Ghost Of The Navigator
- Rainmaker

Of all the songs Maiden never played live, I still think that Only the Good Die Young is one of the saddest omissions. If only they had this current approach with Maiden England tour AND played OTGDY right after The Clairvoyant... With the Seven deadly sins outro. Such a perfect way to close one section and "world" of the show.

Oh well.

@Kalata

Adrian has 2 green Jacksons with him. I was wrong with that pic from Instagram.

The guitars there are (from left to right): 2016 Green Jackson CS, another Green Jackson (SDX or Custom Shop), Signature Jackson with JB or 8432 proto, 8431 proto and the 2nd proto of Maple/black pickguard.

Also, fact of the day: According to Collin Price, the riff to Back In The Village was written on that white V.

@Kalata

Adrian has 2 green Jacksons with him. I was wrong with that pic from Instagram.

The guitars there are (from left to right): 2016 Green Jackson CS, another Green Jackson (SDX or Custom Shop), Signature Jackson with JB or 8432 proto, 8431 proto and the 2nd proto of Maple/black pickguard.

Also, fact of the day: According to Collin Price, the riff to Back In The Village was written on that white V.

Super ! I really want Adrian to make that white V guitar as his main guitar for the tour :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back