Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOTW as opener... Huh, me thinks no. Stratego on the other hand would be palatable.
Senjutsu song as LOTB opener - not very wise. Save it for the album tour.
I'm highly doubting Bruce can handle Aces High as encore song.

Last edited:
In the video below Nicko confirms there's a new Senjutsu realm and strongly reinforces the scenario of the two Eddies (Trooper and Senjutsu) fighting on stage. Now with that in mind instead of ditching only songs from the war realm it would be possible to leave out some others. That being said I'm betting on three things:

• The realm sequence IMO will be: War, Senjutsu, Religion and Hell. As @Azas said I'm not seeing Bruce pulling Aces High or Where Eagles Dare at the end of the show. Perhaps Bruce said "opening the show" when he meant "beginning of the show" I don't know.
  • Taking in account what Nicko says, the last song from the war realm being The Trooper introduces Senjutsu (with both Eddies fighting) and it's the perfect passage for the next realm, as the lights go out and the oriental scenario takes place.
  • Some songs will have to be scratched from the setlist and something tells me it's For The Greater Good Of God and The Clansman due to their length and not having stage props or being absolute must plays.

I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming setlist, first of all I think Maiden are between a rock and a hard place here. On the one hand they are not blind to the fact that they have some fans who will love to see new material and some fans who just want the classics and, consequently, that the people who have bought tickets for a greatest hits show don't necessarily want to see a set full of new material. On the other, they have released a new album after years of frustration and delay, they are proud of the songs and want to showcase them live.

I think its entirely possible, maybe even a 50/50 chance that we just get a LOTB with the first 3 tracks from Senjutsu bolted on at the start and some later songs cut, however I think this would be a mistake. Lots of the crowd would just see this as a prelude/extended soundcheck, and frankly it can't fire up anywhere near as much excitement as Churchill's Speech into Aces High, at this point arguably the iconic Maiden opening track. In fact, for my money, save Senjutsu (the song) for the Senjutsu tour. I would personally just like to see the original LOTB set with Writing on the Wall and Stratego mixed in (probably at the expense of Where Eagles Dare and The Wicker Man) and maybe a couple of the other deep cuts rotated.

Having said this, the band may just stick to their guns and go all-in, we already know they have committed to Senjutsu stage set and that Bruce has spoken about the title track being a great opener. Let's face it, Maiden do what they want, they have already chosen to make the main set epics for the 2018/2019 leg (Clansman, Sign of the Cross, For the Greater Good..) relatively deep cuts rather than going for the obvious choices.
Aces High is the best opener, but it's logical to open the show with songs from your latest ablum. I thought they will save the title track for the album tour and play only TWOTW (and Stratego), but since there will be a whole world for the new album, then they have to add at least one more song. Maiden are definitely not afraid to open the show with a slow song. I'm really curious to hear the new songs live.

And I must say that I love the main set of epics for LOTB tour.
  • The realm sequence IMO will be: War, Senjutsu, Religion and Hell. As @Azas said I'm not seeing Bruce pulling Aces High or Where Eagles Dare at the end of the show. Perhaps Bruce said "opening the show" when he meant "beginning of the show" I don't know.
  • Taking in account what Nicko says, the last song from the war realm being The Trooper introduces Senjutsu (with both Eddies fighting) and it's the perfect passage for the next realm, as the lights go out and the oriental scenario takes place.
  • Some songs will have to be scratched from the setlist and something tells me it's For The Greater Good Of God and The Clansman due to their length and not having stage props or being absolute must plays.
I think Aces High will be in the unusual for it 4th spot in the set. Or in the encores again, who knows.
Trooper introducing the title track with both Eddies fighting will be indeed quite fitting.
Agree about the songs without stage props.

Nah, You all got it wrong. Eddie will not fight against each other. They will oppose one famous British fencer...

it's too much money but the people pay for it. I stopped paying for t-shirts in my last 2 maiden concerts (2003 & 2006) I preferred to buy the tour program and a poster. I still have my Maiden t-shirts from my early 90's like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back