Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where Eagles Dare deserves to be on a proper video release from Maiden. I would be bummed if it gets dropped. 2 Minutes on the other way... that should just go. Stratego instead of 2 Minutes would be great.
And The Wicker Man, no matter how awesome it is should also go, it has done its part and been on live alvums. The Greater Good of God also deserves to stay, and be released on a proper video. Drop Wicker Man and 2 Minutes and ad Writing On the Wall and Stratego and im more then happy with the setlist

If they drop FTGGOG I am afraid that AMOLAD songs will be without any official live video.

And also Phantom of the Opera dont have proper live release.

So for me, my fav.album and fav.song without official live video, and I am a guy who prefer live over studio. Sad story for me..

can't listen here, what's the gist?

Nicko talks about the 2022 tour. He says they’re scheduled to start in June but that there is a rumour they might begin a couple of weeks earlier (in Europe). He then goes on to say they’re maybe coming back to America to visit places they haven't been to in a while. He also mentions having to go to Australia.

If they are to visit markets in North America they have not visited in quite some time, my take is that it would be the LOTB ad nauseam tour.

It sucks a bit but it does make sense to focus on the Legacy tour next year.
Yeah, they want to finish the (originally planned) 3rd leg of LOTB tour with more dates and I understand that (plus people bought tickets for this tour), but the whole 2022 for it is odd (to play RIR with more or less the same set too)... especially when the album is already released. Maybe they will add some new songs to the setlist, because the whole 2022 will be for this tour. I thought they will do 3 months for LOTB and then 3 months for the 1st leg of the album tour (October-December).

I'm starting to think that they will play the whole album during the 2023 tour and the tour will only 1 year - let's hope there will be a 2nd leg though (probably in 2024). It's really weird that the album tour could be delayed by 2 years.

I'm starting to think that they will play the whole album during the 2023 tour and the tour will only 1 year - let's hope there will be a 2nd leg though (probably in 2024). It's really weird that the album tour could be delayed by 2 years.

I seriously doubt they will play the whole album. By 2023 the momentum associated with a release that was released in 2021 would be completely dead.

I'm thinking right now that I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck with the Legacy brand for good now. It's a pretty all-encompassing thing in terms of show elements or setlists, so it would make sense from an economic point of view to promote every tour from now on as "LOTB" rather than develop a new brand every time, and just vary around with the show content.

I'm thinking right now that I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck with the Legacy brand for good now. It's a pretty all-encompassing thing in terms of show elements or setlists, so it would make sense from an economic point of view to promote every tour from now on as "LOTB" rather than develop a new brand every time, and just vary around with the show content.

Yep certainly for "retrospective" tours.

Yep certainly for "retrospective" tours.

Also for album tours, methinks. "Legacy" is a flexible term, and you could just remodel the set to include five or six Senjutsu songs. The only real counter-argument IMHO is that Bruce has said that there are considerations of playing the entire album live, which if nothing else could indicate that they are still considering a Senjutsu-branded tour. But I highly doubt it will happen.

I would be very disgusted if there is not the "Senjutsu" tour at least.

EDIT: reply meant for @GhostofCain but works for both posts

So would I, but the cabaret side of things seems to be the priority, with retrospective tours extended over more calendar years than the new material tours.

It is what it is, you know?

The market for selling a new combined DVD/Blueray/live album with a new scene set and setlist, and make good money from that, is totally gone as well in the streaming era, so I think they can just continue with Legacy. And looking at streaming stats, not that many people bother to listen to the new album, even though it's more accessible than ever. I doubt that most of the future audience will even have heard the singles by next year. Playing a new album doesn't really sell tickets anymore. @PlayClassics! finally got his way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back