Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people who scream "CABARET ACT!!!" are too harsh on Maiden. Unless you were screaming that when they announced this years leg. In any case them rescheduling shows for next summer is the right thing to do when they have sold a shitload of tickets. It also sounds like they will start the new album tour next year. If this works out and we are back to normal next summer, I will be very happy to see LOTB again. I still have tickets to Barcelona and Gøteborg. I am definitely doing the latter.

Anybody have any clue of how many tickets are left for Gothenburg?
Tempting to get tickets, book hotel and flights..and voila my life saved for 2021.

This coronavirus is very relative ... Doesn't it seem crazy to me that the new album will be announced, finished in July 2021 and released in September, to go on tour in November?
I don't think they'll start a tour in November, at least not in the Northern Hemisphere. @GhostofCain has commented before that they stopped touring in winter because they kept getting ill. Since they plan to return to Asia, Australia and New Zealand in the early part of 2022 one could assume that there will be a world tour supporting a new album in 2022.

I don't think they'll start a tour in November, at least not in the Northern Hemisphere. @GhostofCain has commented before that they stopped touring in winter because they kept getting ill. Since they plan to return to Asia, Australia and New Zealand in the early part of 2022 one could assume that there will be a world tour supporting a new album in 2022.
It honestly sounds like they will start the album tour in 2021. I mean this tour is extremely short, and they mention other logistics already in place. They will start the album tour in USA in August/September next year. I am 99% certain of that.

As Lego has just said above, it looks likely that the new album tour is planned for 2021. The resceduled dates are really squeezed into a no-nonsense tight 4 week period, they aren't doing that for the good of their health.

I don't think that it will be part of LOTB as you suggest though. As I said, not rescheduling a UK date is conspicuous, they booked new gigs in Antwerp and Arnhem, so they could have easily booked a new UK date. I think they didn't because they must have at least one scheduled as part of their other 2021 plans.
Yeah this has gotta be one of the shortest tours they've ever done since the very early days. Clearly leaving a TON of room for further activity later next year.
Not disagreeing with much of this. I’m assuming more tour dates are going to be announced for next year. I just don’t see them deviating from the LOTB branding.

I think there's also a possibility that Maiden becomes a studio band after they're done with touring, or Nicko becomes a studio member for that matter. In that case, while we'd all love to hear new music live for sure, I don't think it's that bad having one more year of LOTB, even though it kinda sucks because they went in most (if not all) these places in 2018 and the people who actually weren't able to watch it live still won't be.

So, they will sit on the album for a year and a half? Can't believe that. :mad: I will be not popular here, but BOS tour was much better than LOTB tour. Imo.

There is no way they are doing just those dates next year , I bet they are warm ups finishing a brief legacy run drop the new album and tour north America in the fall with the album stage set

2022 be Australia, nz all the other territories like through Asia etc some European festivals and a uk tour

Last edited:
So, they will sit on the album for a year and a half? Can't believe that. :mad: I will be not popular here, but BOS tour was much better than LOTB tour. Imo.
Yes it looks like they will. And when you look at the situation the entire world is in it's believeable and understandable.

There is no way they are doing just those dates next year , I bet they are warm ups finishing a brief legacy run drop the new album and tour north America in the fall with the album stage set

I wouldn't be surprised if the album is dropped even before the 2021 Legacy dates.

Personally a 1 month summer tour seems quite light for Maiden, I could see the album tour starting in the fall, might mean we won't get as many changes to the setlist compared to LOTB barring the new tracks but it could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back