Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess (as some others have also said) is that part one of the LOTB sections will be swapped out for a new album section

personally i’d prefer a fresh tour supporting the new album but using the theming of LOTB but instead of war, religion etc they did something else.

With the life/death symbols that were in the new album previews maybe they’ll do a death section and that is where “only the good die young” comes into it. I am sure there was a hint dropped about this during the 7th son listening party

To film a concert for a video release from the tour (if it's not done already) - this is a must given the spectacular stage design and setlist. They have plenty of time before the start of the new album tour to release it. Let's hope so.
Since they've already released a live album of the tour I doubt we'll see a second release. And any concert footage would have already been filmed on the previous dates.

Legacy and Senjutsu will be two separate tours most like. They might drop in TWOTW into the Legacy set for the rest of that tour, then start the actual Senjutsu tour. They'll want a whole new state set and build a setlist around the album, just as they do for every other album.
Two outcomes I see happening.

1. Festival/outdoor sets for LOTB and then an arena tour for Senjutsu.

2. Mixed sets. First hour Senjutsu and second hour LOTB. Or mix it up. If they dropped FTGGOG, Revelations, TSOTC and The Clansman from the LOTB set, they could easily fit one, maybe one and a half songs from Senjutsu. ;)

Mixed sets would be my guess, although kicking suspiciously Baphomet-like Bad Guy into the middle of a pentagram on the temple wall in TWOTW video could be an amusing nod to booting out Legacy of the Beast and ushering in new Maiden material. It's not impossible to bring Senjutsu into the LOTB stage show, though, you just create a new themed segment and have a different Eddie.

Since they've already released a live album of the tour I doubt we'll see a second release. And any concert footage would have already been filmed on the previous dates.
I'm sure they filmed some shows, but their original plan was to film shows during the 3rd leg of LOTB tour. I doubt that this spectacular tour will be left without an official video release.

And why you doubt a video release? They have plenty of time from the start of 2022 to LOTB 3rd leg in July to release it...
- some examples: Death On The Road live album was released in 2005, while the DVD (filmed in 2003!) was released in 2006 (both released in years in which the tours were different - Early Days and AMOLAD). En Vivo! live album & DVD were released in 2012 and a couple of months later they started a new tour (ME tour).
although kicking suspiciously Baphomet-like Bad Guy into the middle of a pentagram on the temple wall in TWOTW video could be an amusing nod to booting out Legacy of the Beast and ushering in new Maiden material.
Could be a hint/clue, yes.

I doubt that this spectacular tour will be left without an official video release.
That's been said before. Everyone was convinced Maiden England 2013 would get a release and we got zip.
And why you doubt a video release? They have plenty of time from the start of 2022 to LOTB 3rd leg in July to release it...
I doubt it because it wouldn't be financially viable and especially since they'll be focusing all their efforts on the new album. And we already have Rock in Rio on YouTube (not to mention a dozen other pro cam full concert videos).
- some examples: Death On The Road live album was released in 2005, while the DVD (filmed in 2003!) was released in 2006
Those were from the same concert though and they were only released months apart. The delay likely due to technical issues in coding the dvds. Not really comparable unless Maiden are planning to release NOTD on home video as well.

The most we can probably expect would be a BOS Live Chapter situation. Physical release for the audio only with the video going direct to streaming.

Maybe I'm wrong but if they do release LOTB on video I hope to the Gods that someone other than Steve mixes the audio.

The most we can probably expect would be a BOS Live Chapter situation. Physical release for the audio only with the video going direct to streaming.
That's what I had in mind.
Those were from the same concert though and they were only released months apart.
The video should be from Mexico too (or not). Who knows...
Everyone was convinced Maiden England 2013 would get a release and we got zip.
LOTB tour is with a better stage design and reviews.
And we already have Rock in Rio on YouTube (not to mention a dozen other pro cam full concert videos).
We have Wacken 2016 for TBOS tour, but they still released Live Chapter - which is with a different setlist though.

If that its true - lawyer responsible for this contract is stupid. I'm working with many global contracts and we keep them as vague as possible when it comes to the deliverables. Specific tasks are in attached files but main contract is build in a way that we can change them whenever market change. If they have contract which states that they need to play LotB branded tour with songs in given order - that's stupid. If they have contract to play X shows during 20/21 and then attachement specify details - I dont see the problem with changing it. Main contract stays in place at the end of the day.

Since the album will be released this year, maybe they will cancel LOTB tour (if they have these rights) and will replace it with the new album tour?

Since the album will be released this year, maybe they will cancel LOTB tour (if they have these rights) and will replace it with the new album tour?
Considering they planned on putting the Album out this year why would they have pushed legacy into 2022 knowing this? They would have cancelled the shows months ago. They will see the legacy dates through and complete them

Yeah LOTB shows will go on as planned most likely. I guess it's possible that they'll replace a song with Writing on the Wall for example and Bruce will advertise the Senjutsu world tour at the same time.

Will be interesting how soon after LOTB tour that the Senjutsu World Tour will be announced. I guess if they start in South America, Asia and the USA then they don't need to hit Europe again until say late summer 2023?! Enough time between the LOTB europe shows and Senjutsu tour to sell tickets for Europe again?

As has been said, there is still no certainty the Legacy shows will go ahead in 2022. However, with the new record coming, I'd imagine if the Legacy shows get cancelled again then the 3rd leg will be completely abandoned this time.

There's a small possibility they could switch a couple of new songs in to the Legacy shows but i doubt it will be two. The obvious switch is WOTW for FTGGOD, as it's a taster for the next tour, and it fits the religious middle segment theme.

As long as they show up and play the dates they're contracted and scheduled for, I'm quite sure that Maiden can do any setlist and stage design they want.

As long as they show up and play the dates they're contracted and scheduled for, I'm quite sure that Maiden can do any setlist and stage design they want.
That's probably true, but they would have to offer refunds to anyone that felt cheated out of a classic set and dont want to attend an album dominated one. Some promotors out there wont be willing to do that therfore the band have to stick to the show they are contracted to do

Had a think about it last night, and I think if they stick with the Legacy theming for next summer we might get three Senjutsu songs in the set, to stick with the theming of course.

1. Aces High
2. Where Eagles Dare
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. The Clansman
5. Stratego
6. The Trooper
7. Revelations
8. The Writing on the Wall
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Flight of Icarus
11. Hell on Earth
12. The Number of the Beast
13. Iron Maiden
======================
14. Fear of the Dark
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Run to the Hills

and I think if they stick with the Legacy theming for next summer we might get three Senjutsu songs in the set, to stick with the theming of course.
I don't see so many new songs being played during LOTB tour. They will be saved for the album tour.

One song is realistic: ''The Writing On The Wall'', because it's the first single... (GMED-style of tour again, ''Wildest Dreams'' scenario).

But Wildest Dreams was not released as single at the time of GMED Tour, they released it after summer.

The Writing on the Wall instead of The Evil That Men Do maybe. Why do people try to fit WOTW into the religion section? Am I missing something?

for me the issue is not so much that they are tring to fit WOTW to the religion section, but that they are trying to fit other songs that have not been released yet and they have no idea about the lyrics, on other sections. Who knows maybe Stratego is about the board game after all and nothing to do with war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back