LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce is still the hero with the high notes most of the time, but I want to hear more low register, because it sounds better. It‘s music, not a competition (or as a great philosopher once wrote: “Naughty, naughty, very naughty”).
Wow!!.You sounds like Schopenhauer of hell,or super pedantic jazzy of hell.

Last edited:
Saw them September 30 for the 6th Time in México. What a show! (And a gift from Dave)

Pd. I still remember bruce performance of the talisman here in México too.for me sounded better that the chile recording, when i remember it, it still gave me chills

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191007-012933.png
    Screenshot_20191007-012933.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20190930_223651036_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190930_223651036_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20190930_222657882_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190930_222657882_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20191007-012946~2.png
    Screenshot_20191007-012946~2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
How many people were at São Paulo (Morumbi stadium) yesterday ? The stadium capacity is for 67,052 ...../ Was it sold out?

Attachments

• sehstrh.jpg
    sehstrh.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 6
I sometimes wonder if Steve does not want to choose the best of Bruce's performances for Maiden live albums. That is probably not the case, but it certainly looks like that at times!

I'd say he chooses the version with the most energy as he's known to like up tempo versions. Which is obviously not going to be the best for the singer. It's just a coincidence, certainly not a case of Steve sitting there making an evil triangle with his fingers saying "Bruce doesn't sound great on this version mmwhahaha"

Bruce is not quite as consistent thorough the set as he was in... say, about ten years ago, but I think his post-cancer +1 dedication (that's how I'd put it :D) to every single performance and re-found ability to hit some very high notes makes up for it quite well. Then again, he's definitely not quite as "in-control" nowadays, but overall quality and ability to carry even the most demanding songs is still there. This year has been a bit more rough and inconsistent, most likely due cold, than 2018, but he has had some absolutely amazing nights as well.

I don't mind occasional roughness in his delivery, since he actually delivers most of the songs much more elaborately than back in 2011for example. The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, The Wicker Man... even in 2 Minutes to Midnight he sounds more "in the zone" than in pretty much any footage from almost a decade earlier.

Long story short, while his technical consistency has weakened over the years, the overall colour and delivery he brings to performances has, in my opinion, taken one or two steps above TFF/ME days where he had some amazing nights and then there were nights when the set was just kinda... Played through. Professionally with all the quality standards of a Maiden show, but I definitely agree with those who find a lot of extra spark in LoTB. :)

Apologies if some of the phrases I used were off or just weird. :)

I aswell don't mind that occasional roughness as some songs just are now being sung more elaborately and he can still do the songs justice while performing them live in concert. Some shows from TFF/ME-tours really had more rougher edge so, Im just relieved that he managed to get it all into better shape, especially when he had that cancer operated.

Just a thought, if need to mention songs that Bruce still nails (even today) I would say based on the 2 shows I saw last year and some audio/video examination revealed that Revelations is just as good as it ever was. For the few videos I just watched of Revelations he just sounds so awesome.
Aces High is also relaxed and somehow little bit easier sounding than on his rougher times on Maiden England World Tour 2012-2014...and some songs on 2011 were rough indeed (like that HBTN from Norway).
Whatever it is, Im happy to have him still there doing the best and hope that those rougher times are thing of the past, but he's still had more problems on this years LOTB-dates than last year.

I say, that I won't worry at all of this thing anymore and Im only waiting for the next album and next albums tour and any chance to see them again in concert. I don't think that talking and doing comparisons really indicate that much, surely something can be heard there but the norm wouldn't care too much. The peaks can be found, the absolutely best performances against few odd ones where he was sick and cold etc.
As sometimes things might get like little exaggerated in way here, but as you said he's possibly gotten little less consistent on the live-performances, but still we don't always know the whole picture, condition and situations surrounding those recordings from various places and dates througout the tour that has been documented.
What Im curious to hear, is the first studio-recorded material with Bruce's vocals because we yet haven't heard anything. Roll on to #17..

Watched a few videos from Sao Paulo, and seemed to be belting the songs out. He didn't seem to struggle as much with Aces High, Where Eagles Dare and Hallowed than he did in Rio.

Watched a few videos from Sao Paulo, and seemed to be belting the songs out. He didn't seem to struggle as much with Aces High, Where Eagles Dare and Hallowed than he did in Rio.

I read over at the official Fan Club forum that Bruce had been sick on the days before the Rio gig. At the end of the Rock in Rio gig Bruce mentioned having lost 5 pounds since Mexico...

I read over at the official Fan Club forum that Bruce had been sick on the days before the Rio gig. At the end of the Rock in Rio gig Bruce mentioned having lost 5 pounds since Mexico...

Oh..thanks for bringing this up.
I was just listening to The Talisman from En Vivo!, it's pure bliss and I've always loved that particular performance.

Hey, do you need it still or did you try vlc-player?
Let me know, I can convert it to mp4 and upload it later.

Hi,

Sorry was busy over the weekend. I'd PM you but my account won't let me do it for some reason.

If you could do an mp4 version when you get a minute that would be great thanks, the MKV version didn't work even with VLC player downloaded.

I'm going to be busy these next few days, so if you could share it with FileMail as before, but with a 7 day cutoff from tomorrow (Tuesday) that would be VERY much appreciated thanks! :)

Hi,

Sorry was busy over the weekend. I'd PM you but my account won't let me do it for some reason.

If you could do an mp4 version when you get a minute that would be great thanks, the MKV version didn't work even with VLC player downloaded.

I'm going to be busy these next few days, so if you could share it with FileMail as before, but with a 7 day cutoff from tomorrow (Tuesday) that would be VERY much appreciated thanks! :)

I have converted it to mp4-format and upload it tomorrow. Then I will send the link to you via private-message tomorrow, if not working then I will post the link here.
Anyways, if anybody didn't see the ealier link for the full Rock In Rio show (mkv-file) it can be downloaded here (the download link expired in 4 days and 17 hours or so):

Is it just me or the camera shows Adrian least (from all members) during RIR.... Nicko was also not shown so much... :mad:

Yep, felt really that the director (of the broadcast) just somehow wanted to keep some of the men out of the frame.
I really missed Nicko and they should have all had more similar space and time for the camera instead, but as usual the director doesn't even know the person who plays that and that solo, but instead of showing even any guitarist on the screen we get someone else.
This same pointless filming and directing happened alot in the late 60's and 70's music-performances when they didn't actually know what to film and when during the concerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back