LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
About drums..
One thing I know for sure, the BOS tour drum set was the best. Royal gold and red, really precious looking. Imo, LOTB drum set looks much less impressive. :fencing:
Well I do LOVE that he is back with Sonor (tBOS kit being the first one back) Gold hardware? yeah that was the shit. But, i say LOTB kit is one of my favorites of all times due to a lot of the albums/songs represented. But Sooty as the Powerslave is way better than the Trooper IMO. I have a shirt that is Nicko behind tBOS kit and it really is amazing. Love that shirt.

I wish I could understand what magical powers allow Adrian to improvise solos like that. Seriously, the thought of just coming up with the idea of throwing in the intro riff to Wasted Years in the tail of the Wicker Man solo is just mindblowing to me, from the perspective of a non-guitarist.
I truly like the fact that H will stick to a solo that was done in studio. Where Dave? And especially Janick, are just "noodlers", they just play any lick they feel like. Love Dave, but he sure doesn't stick to the game plan sometimes. :) lol

I truly like the fact that H will stick to a solo that was done in studio. Where Dave? And especially Janick, are just "noodlers", they just play any lick they feel like. Love Dave, but he sure doesn't stick to the game plan sometimes. :) lol

We get no jamming, improvs, medlies, or extended solos in Maiden shows. We pretty much get the songs as they were recorded with a bit of Bruce’s silliness and crowd pumping thrown in. Dave and Janick playing around with their solos a bit is the only variation we get. Live performances benefit from a little variation and freedom for the musicians, I think.

Last edited:
We had been joking about it for quite some time, as when posing with fans Steve always looks like that (can you confirm it was not a cardboard cutout figure? :lol: ).

Just for fun, one picture with Bernie Marsden courtesy of @Welsh Phantom

View attachment 10455
It was so that. Yep, and maybe it was a cardboard cutout, maybe it wasn't. I will never tell... Stay Dry Steve, Stay Dry! I am in on it now. haha.

We get no jamming, improvs, medflies, or extended solos in Maiden shows. We pretty much get the songs as they were recorded with a bit of Bruce’s silliness and crowd pumping thrown in. Dave and Janick playing around with their solos a bit is the only variation we get. Live performances benefit from a little variation and freedom for the musicians, I think.

I wouldn't mind the repetitiveness of songs nor the noodling / jamming / improvisation in a live setting. It's the incessant here were go on this riff, we're playing it now, here we go again, and one more time before progressing on to the next section of the song on the studio albums that make me a bit sleepy. Just to pick one example (of many): The Red and the Black at 13 minutes in a live setting--great, but 8-10 minutes on the album would have been sufficient.

I think Adrian has changed some of his clothes for the current 2nd leg of LOTB tour - if I'm not mistaken, during the 1st leg he had a red cross on his vest. He changed only the vest, I think.

Edit: yeah, only the vest:

Attachments

• 2018.jpg
    2018.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2019.jpg
    2019.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I know this stereotypical image of British people: they have minimum social contact; give utmost importance to their personal space; prefer not to be attentive to others, especially in the middle of London.

I think this expectation works for the most part, but there are exceptions too. While I was telling my brother, who visited me in London, how British people never even look at one another in the underground, an old lady who pretty much looked like Queen Elizabeth approached and asked: "may I ask if you are twins? You really look like each other!" I think she noticed we were not twins, otherwise she would not have asked the q. :bigsmile: by the way, I have different memories about carrying the markers of Iron Maiden identity in UK. Some react to them for sure.

Brits do react to Maiden T-shirts, that's for sure.

Last Saturday I was sporting my Live After Death T-shirt. I got a nod of approval from the parent of another child at the swimming pool I take my daughter to for swimming lessons. Later in the evening I was at a National Trust property and got an excited "Great T-shirt, great album" comment from a teenager.

Long may it remain this way!

That, btw, is the only Maiden T-shirt I've ever had, until it disintegrated.
I only have a hand-me-down Somewhere Back in Time tour shirt from my brother that's very nearly too small for me. I really like the art but it's hard to imagine my brother ever actually fit into that shirt because the sleeves especially are tiny.

Kind of a shame I didn't buy a LotB shirt last year but we looked at the t-shirt stand from above and it looked like complete anarchy so we opted to not even try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back