LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be much more concerned about the fact that Bruce actually resembles Udo Dirkschneider in the first picture...

Erm, NO

U.D.O._with_Musikkorps_der_Bundeswehr_–_Wacken_Open_Air_2015_04.jpg

Idk about his hair, but at these two recent pictures he has a KISS influence (he put the guitar pick at the pickguard and he shoot the Spitfire with his guitar just like Ace shoot with his guitar).... so he definitely goes for a glam metal approach :lol: :p

View attachment 10434 View attachment 10435
I don't think you can ascribe the spare-pick-behind-the-scratchplate to any particular influence - it's an obvious practical consideration since the scratchplate is slightly loose at that point, and plenty of other musicians do it besides KISS (Status Quo spring to mind for a start). Also we know Janick's thoughts regarding make-up (he's "just not into that shit") and we don't need to go outside Maiden for a guitar-neck-used-as-prop-gun reference (ie Steve). So I don't think any of this is actually proof or even a strong indication of any glam metal influences on Janick. (On the other hand we do know he is a fan of T-Rex ...)

Nice pictures though - thanks for posting :)

I don't think you can ascribe the spare-pick-behind-the-scratchplate to any particular influence - it's an obvious practical consideration since the scratchplate is slightly loose at that point, and plenty of other musicians do it besides KISS (Status Quo spring to mind for a start). Also we know Janick's thoughts regarding make-up (he's "just not into that shit") and we don't need to go outside Maiden for a guitar-neck-used-as-prop-gun reference (ie Steve). So I don't think any of this is actually proof or even a strong indication of any glam metal influences on Janick. (On the other hand we do know he is a fan of T-Rex ...)

Nice pictures though - thanks for posting :)

Well, my comment was a joke, but I think for the first time I see one of the Maiden guitarists to put the guitar pick at the pickguard. :)

Well, my comment was a joke
That's fine, only with you I can never be quite sure ;)
I think for the first time I see one of the Maiden guitarists to put the guitar pick at the pickguard. :)
Surprising it took them so long to think of it :lol:

For Janick though, I suppose there was always the chance it could fly out if he decided to start throwing the guitar around ...

About drums..
One thing I know for sure, the BOS tour drum set was the best. Royal gold and red, really precious looking. Imo, LOTB drum set looks much less impressive. :fencing:

They won't be. There's no way that Iron Maiden would have any 2020, dates announced before the current tour is finished. After the end of this tour is, however, a different matter.
Exactly my thoughts, I just have this feeling but with almost another month of this tour to go it would be out of the ordinary for Maiden to announce 2020 dates

Looks like Download will be announcing their first headliner on Monday afternoon at 2pm, hoping that Maiden will be nowhere near it

It'll most likely be System of a Down in my opinion because they've been slowly announcing a European tour consisting of festivals the past few days. We will see though

About drums..
One thing I know for sure, the BOS tour drum set was the best. Royal gold and red, really precious looking. Imo, LOTB drum set looks much less impressive. :fencing:

I also think TBOS drum kit is the best one, but the LOTB drum kit is also top-notch (it's like a colorful version of the ''Give Me Ed'' tour drum kit). TBOS one is just bit ahead for me.

I wish I could understand what magical powers allow Adrian to improvise solos like that. Seriously, the thought of just coming up with the idea of throwing in the intro riff to Wasted Years in the tail of the Wicker Man solo is just mindblowing to me, from the perspective of a non-guitarist.

Actually not the first time he did it... @ 6:40 in this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back