LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have been foreign people doing that. British people would never do anything of the sort, particularly in London.
The interaction is more understated but it does happen. On my way to my first ever Maiden show I was wandering around that concourse near the London Eye and I very quickly noticed that, although none of them actually spoke to me, anyone else wearing a Maiden shirt would smile and acknowledge me. But as regards actual conversations, I think no-one wants to be the one to initiate it (which, admittedly, is a very British thing ...) But that, too, does happen - I've witnessed it. I think it needs to happen more often.

Barrier dead center

Attachments

• E5E0E308-8661-4449-9FCC-B8CB0ECDB184.jpeg
    E5E0E308-8661-4449-9FCC-B8CB0ECDB184.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 19
That was fucking rough. Before Churchill’s Speech even started the crushing began. It never let up. I had my phone in my hand the whole time because I was sandwiched between the barrier and people. I had two wristbands in my hand that got stolen. One of them intact was thrown at end of the show and someone through me off the rail on to the ground. I’m not small either, I’m 190lbs. So fuck You to that asshole. My legs are both completely cramped and my hip feels kind of funny. The crowd was completely out of control, way too many over intoxicated people. On top of that a security guard assaulted a child I guess, I didn’t see anything but I guess it was bad enough that Bruce had to say something before the encore.

It wasn’t a total loss, I had lots of fun and my dad even caught a drumstick. Onto Portland!!! We have seats this time.

Tacoma was awesome! I was on the barrier, slightly left of centre. There was quite a bit of crowd surging so it was uncomfortable at times, but not too bad. The guy behind me was on crutches - he had a recent surgery with 12 screws put into his heel. The crazy bugger lasted about half the show before bring pulled out in agony.

The band were in great form and really enjoying themselves on stage. Then the security incident happened during Sign of the Cross. It looked bad at the time but turned out to be much worse. Bruce talked at length about it before beginning the encore. He said 10 security guards beat the shit out of a kid. He saw one guard punch the kid in the face four times. He was taken back stage with head injuries.

Bruce called the guards out as cowards and bullies. He also asked anyone with video footage to get in touch with the band so that the kid can "sue the shit out the venue and the security company".

Huge police presence outside after the show. Can't tell whether they were expecting trouble given what happened with security.

So, a fantastic show, but hopefully the kid is okay and recovers soon.

"... So this is a very appropriate song..... it's called The Evil That Men Do!"

I could not find other footage of the speech.
Still this:

Last edited:
Apparently the guy was bullying people all night picking fights and two security guards tried to stop him, that wasn't enough so more guards had to help. Still not okay to punch him. I guess both sides did wrong.

The incident in question takes place at 3:03 during Sign of the Cross in this video, which isn’t mine. I was near the incident and can verify security was trying to throw the man, who appeared to be an adult, out for trying to bull his way up to the barrier and that people around the guy were pointing at him and complaining. Beyond that, I couldn’t see what happened once security went over the barrier but I saw a security guard with a bloody face due to a forehead injury walk among the crowd while it was still going on.

When Bruce stands at stage right with the cross at about 6:01 in the video, he’s shining the light on the incident still going on with security in the crowd and commenting his disapproval while unmiked.

The concert cameraman may have captured a closer view at the beginning of the incident. After Bruce addressed this between sets, Tacoma Dome security went around the barrier with a sheet of paper taking names of witnesses. I didn’t see enough of the incident to sign up as a witness.

I also noticed there was a lot of pushing and passive aggressive bad behavior in general at the Tacoma show and it was tiring to hold onto your place at the barrier once Maiden started playing. The crush lessened a little following the security incident but was soon back to a full court press shortly thereafter. Waking up today with ringing ears and an aching back but still enjoyed the show.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm from NZ.
A guy came up and asked me if the line I was in was the FTTB. Later I over heard him say that he was from NZ. Didn’t even cross my mind at the time, I take it that must have been you though.

A guy came up and asked me if the line I was in was the FTTB. Later I over heard him say that he was from NZ. Didn’t even cross my mind at the time, I take it that must have been you though.

Oh, funny! Hope you're not too sore this morning. I have some bruising from being pushed against the barrier, and my Trooper ViP number plate holder is a twisted wreck of cheap metal. Worst part of that deal is holding on to the merch bag in a surging crowd.

Enjoy the Portland gig!

Oh, funny! Hope you're not too sore this morning. I have some bruising from being pushed against the barrier, and my Trooper ViP number plate holder is a twisted wreck of cheap metal. Worst part of that deal is holding on to the merch bag in a surging crowd.

Enjoy the Portland gig!
Unfortunately I’m pretty beat up. About the merch, that does kind of suck. They had us do that when I did a Metallica pre party. Got onto the rail with my massive bag containing glass and an event poster haha. Sure will have fun though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back