LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the show in Atlanta was amazing! Went with my old concert buddy and a young couple who were seeing Maiden for the first time and they loved it! They are ready to go see them again.

From the footage i've seen of Ft Lauderdale, Bruce sounds kinda...off. At least just what I saw. The chorus to both Aces High and Run to the Hills were kinda just shouted. Anyone else notice this? The footage from the European leg shows that he sounds fantastic, so hopefully it's just him warming up.

Remember, they don't earn much dough from their album releases.

That might be true for a lot of bands, and maybe they don't earn as much as their heyday, but Maiden will certainly make big money from their albums. They are too big and the fans too die hard for them not to make money. If they were struggling to make money from physical releases then you'ld imagine that there would be a lot less of them, e.g. 7 inches re-released, back catalogue rereleased on vinyl, pic disc, digital and now cd all re-released in the last while.

Bruce sounded quite bad on the clip from NOTB I saw. It also sounded like someone messed up the part after the solos when Bruce comes on again. Will look for a good youtube video of it tomorrow.
I noticed the same when I saw the youtube clip at the first gig in Florida

What happened?

Actually, I'd seriously like to be at a Maiden show where something goes wrong, and witness how they pull together as a band to bring it back together. All the five times I have seen them have gone without a hitch.

been at a few shows like that, I've seen them make minor fuck ups in Iron Maiden! twice, once Steve with the wrong change and once Nicko with the wrong change.

There's been two big equipment issues, Steve's bass rig broke in Dublin in the RDS in 2005 and there was an issue with a cable going on fire or something like that in Earl's Court in 2006. Both times the band messed around on stage and Bruce had a bit of banter with the crowd like playing the William Tell overture by slapping his face.

I witnessed Mastodon break a drum skin while supporting Maiden in Rome in 2007 and the contrast couldn't have been sharper, they didn't say boo to the crowd, I don't think they even explained what happened and generally just sulked for 10 mins while the issue was fixed.

What happened?

Actually, I'd seriously like to be at a Maiden show where something goes wrong, and witness how they pull together as a band to bring it back together. All the five times I have seen them have gone without a hitch.

I don’t remember if Nicko came in a bit late, or if Steve/Dave/Janick came in early. The end result was the drums being off by a beat. Thankfully they pulled it together by the end of it, and the rest of the song was fine.

From the footage i've seen of Ft Lauderdale, Bruce sounds kinda...off. At least just what I saw. The chorus to both Aces High and Run to the Hills were kinda just shouted. Anyone else notice this? The footage from the European leg shows that he sounds fantastic, so hopefully it's just him warming up.
Yeah, I'm listening to the above bootleg and he's definitely not quite there. I imagine he's just a bit rusty after not touring for a while, but he's off key on Aces High at least. And I don't mean a little bit off, I mean he's fucking way off on the chorus in a few spots. Relatively speaking it's obviously not a dealbreaker, but I feel it's highly unusual for Bruce.

All you guys are getting me excited for the show! And I have another month and a half!

Bruce struggling with Icarus quite a bit...

But, as we learnt on TBOS tour we need 3-5 shows to pass to judge Bruce's real vocal form.

So, the setlist is the same and all the energy people put in arguing that it wouldn't be was wasted. Will this be taken as a lesson for next time? Of course not.
Indeed. Where are you now @Kalata and @The Red and the Black?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back