LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been expecting a part 3 since they announced the tour in 2017. Some people think they won't find the time for it, but they can if they want to.

My feeling is they will tie the third leg into promotion of the new album in 2020 and then go on a big world tour with Ed Force One in 2021 doing the album tour.

I have been expecting a part 3 since they announced the tour in 2017. Some people think they won't find the time for it, but they can if they want to.

My feeling is they will tie the third leg into promotion of the new album in 2020 and then go on a big world tour with Ed Force One in 2021 doing the album tour.

True. If Maiden England could go three years, this surely could too.

Is this a photoshop? Because otherwise it is so f###ng cool!View attachment 10093
I never realized this possibility before, but holy hell yes please Adrian should get more guitars in the same style. Kirk Hammett's famously got a bunch of ESPs with movie posters on them and this is basically that but even cooler since it's a damn cool IM single artwork instead.

(Also a much better guitar tone and player to boot)

Maybe, I had broken knee and for months I had problems with leg, it was similar to way he's moving on most of the songs with not standing on his right leg firmly even while walking. Hope this is not sirious.

Bruce had surgery a couple of months ago. They have placed a pole at the platform where Janicks monitor is, he can't jump down from it during The Trooper like last year.

Just watched a video there, he uses the pole to assist his jump from the ramp to the stage floor. Thats commitment to the bit, fair play to him. Be interesting to see if he keeps it up.
I also noticed that the American flag was tattered and burnt on the ends. I assume that this is a theatrical change that will be seen in other countries (like Japan on the third leg :nuts:) and not a political statement from Bruce...
I seem remember Sepultura getting some kind of backlash for holding up a Brazilian flag onstage with their logo on it in the 90s (I think someone threw it from the crowd). I think its a cultural thing were (some?) Brazilians don't like to see the flag altered in any way. Can any Brazilians on here clarify this? And if this is the case, would it be seen as offensive if Bruce held up a burnt and tattered Brazilian flag?

Some thoughts:

Bruce was on his A game tonight. The man just can’t be stopped .
Adrian took the Revelations solo!
FTGGOG didn’t go down great with a lot of the crowd.
There was a major screw up at the beginning of FOTD.
Hallowed was great tonight, from all parties.
Overall, possibly the best concert I’ve ever been to.

Edit:They played Sign of the Cross with a fury. It was incredible.

Some thoughts:

Bruce was on his A game tonight. The man just can’t be stopped .
Adrian took the Revelations solo!
FTGGOG didn’t go down great with a lot of the crowd.
There was a major screw up at the beginning of FOTD.
Hallowed was great tonight, from all parties.
Overall, possibly the best concert I’ve ever been to.

Edit:They played Sign of the Cross with a fury. It was incredible.

It was a truly awesome show that only got better as the set went on.

I'd seen the plane for Aces High on videos, but that doesn't quite capture how awesome it is to see that prop live.

Although much of the crowd was muted for FTGGOG, it was probably the highlight of the show for me, as the musical interlude ranks as one of Maiden's strongest, or at least in the top five (along with ROTAM, SSOASS, HBTN). SOTC was also another great song, even though I had seen it before.
IMO, the Eddie that came up during IM was probably the best looking Eddie I'd seen live.

Janick was on fire, and it's hard to believe that he is 62 with all the jumping around he does during his guitar work.

All in all, a great evening, one that demonstrated why IM continues to be one of the best live acts out there. I don't know how long they'll continue, but if they pack it in after this tour, it's a pretty good one to go out on.

Did your father enjoy it, even though you left him on the lawn to fend for himself? :innocent:

I thought Sign of the Cross was a high point both times I seen them last year, its a wondrous thing.
Haha yes he did. He’s pretty adept at socializing with others. I do wish he’d been able to sit with us though, as he and I bond by going to concerts together.

It was a truly awesome show that only got better as the set went on.

I'd seen the plane for Aces High on videos, but that doesn't quite capture how awesome it is to see that prop live.

Although much of the crowd was muted for FTGGOG, it was probably the highlight of the show for me, as the musical interlude ranks as one of Maiden's strongest, or at least in the top five (along with ROTAM, SSOASS, HBTN). SOTC was also another great song, even though I had seen it before.
IMO, the Eddie that came up during IM was probably the best looking Eddie I'd seen live.

Janick was on fire, and it's hard to believe that he is 62 with all the jumping around he does during his guitar work.

All in all, a great evening, one that demonstrated why IM continues to be one of the best live acts out there. I don't know how long they'll continue, but if they pack it in after this tour, it's a pretty good one to go out on.
As great as my BOS show was, this one blew it away.

One thing I forgot to mention was that during Bruce’s speech before The Clansman, he quoted a little bit of Accident of Birth and said “who knows what the future may hold” for the band. Based on the way he said this, I think we may be in for something new eventually.

I could see them doing a leg 3 next year, then releasing a new album for the second half of the year and begin the tour for that in 2021

Bruce sounded quite bad on the clip from NOTB I saw. It also sounded like someone messed up the part after the solos when Bruce comes on again. Will look for a good youtube video of it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back