LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Nicko's attitude of "this is what we're playing, fuck off if you don't like it!". That's good stuff when i'm watching it. I keep my face pointed at the video he's on and my head and brain are entertained.

Ok, now time to discuss what a fantastic dad I am. My 17 year old son moved back in with me in March. Knowing this would happen, I bought him and I tickets to the Bristow, VA 2019 Legacy of the Beast show back in February. Maiden is his favorite band because he has mostly good taste, and he has NO IDEA we're going to see them. When he was living with his mom down in Atlanta, back in 2013, I sent him and her a ticket to the Maiden England show so she could take him, but she's a hotty and was getting hit on my drunk dudes left and right, so my son was uncomfortable and they left the show early. Not this time! Now he gets a full Maiden show with an absolutely stunning set list! I'm patting myself on the back so hard the skin is tearing.

I love Nicko's attitude of "this is what we're playing, fuck off if you don't like it!". That's good stuff when i'm watching it. I keep my face pointed at the video he's on and my head and brain are entertained.

Ok, now time to discuss what a fantastic dad I am. My 17 year old son moved back in with me in March. Knowing this would happen, I bought him and I tickets to the Bristow, VA 2019 Legacy of the Beast show back in February. Maiden is his favorite band because he has mostly good taste, and he has NO IDEA we're going to see them. When he was living with his mom down in Atlanta, back in 2013, I sent him and her a ticket to the Maiden England show so she could take him, but she's a hotty and was getting hit on my drunk dudes left and right, so my son was uncomfortable and they left the show early. Not this time! Now he gets a full Maiden show with an absolutely stunning set list! I'm patting myself on the back so hard the skin is tearing.
Well, hopefully drunk chicks won't be hitting on you left and right....Seriously though, you and your son are going to have a great time. What a surprise for him!

Ok, now time to discuss what a fantastic dad I am. My 17 year old son moved back in with me in March. Knowing this would happen, I bought him and I tickets to the Bristow, VA 2019 Legacy of the Beast show back in February.

Thats awesome!
Its such a great thing about seeing Maiden and I never appreciated it until I had kids. I love seeing parents with their kids, either the kid dragging the parents, or the other way around- or even the 'win-win' of both being fans.

Bummer for me is I dont think they will be around long enough for my son to go. Heres hoping!

I'm 40 and am seeing a few shows this summer with my Dad - it's a real amazing experience at any age.

I can't believe the tour is almost here. It feels like I bought my tickets years ago. Can't wait!

Man that would be cool. I’ll be 40 in January but my dad died and is no longer living. He was never a fan anyway, he was a redneck and liked his Dale Earnhardt, Creedance, and Dallas Cowboys. Both me and my son are very dissimilar to ma’ daddy.

Hi everyone,

Due to the setlist having been confirmed by a reliable source (McBrain, N.) as not changing for Legacy of the Beast 2019, there will be no spoiler rules surrounding this tour. Please expect the spoiler rules to return for the next tour.

Thanks,
LC & the Mod Squad.

What’s the forum consensus on how Bruce sounds on this tour compared to the 16/17’ BOS tour? I think he sounds better than he did then and he sounded great then. Talk amongst yourselves.

What’s the forum consensus on how Bruce sounds on this tour compared to the 16/17’ BOS tour? I think he sounds better than he did then and he sounded great then. Talk amongst yourselves.
I think his voice is sounding better than durin TBOS tour. That was an all time low (with good reasons... cancer, age, etc). Nevertheless there are some tracks that Bruce no longer nails. What is perfectly fine because a) time cuts no slack on no man (and that's almost 61 years and b) regarding songs he nails decently to almost perfectly that spans more than 90% of the songs they played during TBOS and LOTB tour ... So yeah! Although he's started a more noticeable downward curve Bruce's voice is still in perfectly decent shape overall and can surely deliver.

Bruce would probably still nail almost everything they play if they compensated for his aging (and thus lowering) voice by playing half a step down. Even Dio did that and he sounded absolutely sublime even in his last years as a result. Being a proper singer I think necessitates recognition of the realities of the human body so it's a shame Bruce is essentially fighting himself on some of the more demanding songs in the setlist.

I understand why he doesn't want to do it, but I also just kind of wish he'd realize he could project a lot more power if the highs on some of the songs were just a bit lower. And personally, listening to stuff like Icarus from last year, I think that's the one sore spot in Bruce's performance: a lack of a proper full voice on the higher notes, which he used to have.

Bruce would probably still nail almost everything they play if they compensated for his aging (and thus lowering) voice by playing half a step down. Even Dio did that and he sounded absolutely sublime even in his last years as a result.

I beg to differ. Tuning down changes how the songs sound significantly, which is one of the reasons why Maiden don't do it. Even with all the downtuning Dio sounded - in my humble opinion - too rough from Holy Diver live onwards.

Bruce would probably still nail almost everything they play if they compensated for his aging (and thus lowering) voice by playing half a step down. Even Dio did that and he sounded absolutely sublime even in his last years as a result. Being a proper singer I think necessitates recognition of the realities of the human body so it's a shame Bruce is essentially fighting himself on some of the more demanding songs in the setlist.

I understand why he doesn't want to do it, but I also just kind of wish he'd realize he could project a lot more power if the highs on some of the songs were just a bit lower. And personally, listening to stuff like Icarus from last year, I think that's the one sore spot in Bruce's performance: a lack of a proper full voice on the higher notes, which he used to have.

True. Some shows I listened to he sounded a bit sketch on that last "Where Eagles Dare" line at the end of the song. Nothing bad, though.

He sounded better last year at the O2 in London than he did at the same venue in 2017 (he sounded really good back then), which was also better than how he had sounded at Donington in 2016 and definitely way better than on the Maiden England tour.

He might not be as great as he was at his peak (probably from 1997 to 2005), but definitely better than at any point from 1985 to 1993.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back