LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think we can assume that this is it for the LotB tour. When they did the European leg they hinted pretty strongly that there would be another. That hasn't happened here.

There's no reason to do that if they have an album recorded now.
But they didn't say that the LOTB will end. When they announced the last concerts in 2017 they even said it was the last chance to witness the Book of Souls tour. This time they only said that all dates for 2019 have been announced.

Both the Maiden England and TBOS tour had over 100 shows (117 and 102). LOTB is their biggest production ever, and with 2018/19 combined they will have done 82 shows. I have a strong feeling they will play LOTB shows next year as well. It does feel strange with a new album being recorded now, but maybe this was the only time they could fit it in their schedule if they aim for a 2020 release.

Maybe they left it a little more open ended because they wanted the option to continue LOTB if the new album didn't work out?

Well, I think we can assume that this is it for the LotB tour. When they did the European leg they hinted pretty strongly that there would be another. That hasn't happened here.
The email that was sent out today says "No further shows will be added to the 2019 tour". Could mean that they will add further shows in 2020..

The email that was sent out today says "No further shows will be added to the 2019 tour". Could mean that they are add further shows in 2020..
Absolutely. They could also intend to market New Album by continuing LOTB in the USA with one-two new songs, similar to the way they did TFF.

For reference, I would go to this show, but then I would feel obliged to go to Europe to see a proper album show.

Absolutely. They could also intend to market New Album by continuing LOTB in the USA with one-two new songs, similar to the way they did TFF.

For reference, I would go to this show, but then I would feel obliged to go to Europe to see a proper album show.
The amount of dates in USA this year makes me doubt they are going back there next year. Europe surely, but maybe Asia and Australia as well? But that would probably mean a plane leg, and would the stage show fit in a 747? Who knows what they are planning..

I'm pretty sure they add third year of "LOTB Tour". Asia/Oceania (Download Fests), Europe in 2020 with 17th album release date slated for Autumn same year. So, 2018 - 2020 LOTB Tour with circa 120 dates and album tour in 2021/2022.

They are a fair bit older than when they did 3 years of Maiden England. I don't think the same will happen here.

I don't know if this leg will be filmed and recorded for a future live release. But they have it all, the big production, the greatest hits and a final stadium leg in South America. I don't know if they could make another youtube streaming Book of Souls live chapter or it will be another live recording for the future (together with amsw'07 in another eddies archives box set). It's possible they could release it at the beginning of 2020 but at the same time the new album is there. Only Rod knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back