LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I haven’t. :oops:
tenor.gif

If I finally get to see Maiden this year (would be my first time), I'll definitely go GA. Might be my only time seeing Maiden before they disband, and I already missed the Book of Souls Tour. Not gonna miss another opportunity, and I'll sure as hell not gonna miss seeing them up close.

'twas my first time seeing them live this summer, too; for everyone not having seen them yet, DO. NOT. MISS. ANY. CHANCES. It's an absolutely phenomenal experience.

I hope you're right.

Diesel 11 is right: they will play Flight of Icarus.

On a related note, since the reunion with Bruce and Adrian Maiden have done a pretty good job at playing loads of different songs live, from oldies that had not been played in ages to new stuff. We are a bit spoiled, to be fair.

Funny enough, this is part of the issue; they have so many classic songs that even if you leave one or two of the biggest out, there's still a certain level of obligation with the rest, so you never have that much room to play with, unless you want to play a very wild card like in 2006 or 2010.

Actually, in a Maiden concert, you will never be disappointed from the setlist, because their ''bad'' songs are very few. Doesn't matter if you see them for the first time.

If you say so, but I just gave an example, you smart aleck.
I am not being a "smart aleck" Kalata, I am telling you the way it is. You can hope for Iron Maiden to make a couple of changes to the setlist for next year but there is absolutely no reason for them to do so.

Diesel 11 is right: they will play Flight of Icarus.

On a related note, since the reunion with Bruce and Adrian Maiden have done a pretty good job at playing loads of different songs live, from oldies that had not been played in ages to new stuff. We are a bit spoiled, to be fair.
Well they did, but they have gotten pretty lazy since 2008 or so. The sole possible exception might be TFF 2010, but even that tour had BTATS and Paschendale dropped, which are 2 of my top 5 reunion songs... Grrrr.

Well they did, but they have gotten pretty lazy since 2008 or so. The sole possible exception might be TFF 2010, but even that tour had BTATS and Paschendale dropped, which are 2 of my top 5 reunion songs... Grrrr.

I beg to differ. The 2016/2017 and 2018 tours featured some unexpected gems.

I mean, Powerslave and COTD were played quite a bit during reunion era...

:lol: For fuck's sake, the last time Children of the Damned was a played throughout one full blown world tour was in 1986/1987!!! Sure, they played it at some gigs in 2002, 2007, and 2009 but those were quite limited runs of dates.

Powerslave had been played more often since the reunion (1999 and 2008/2009), but never on an album tour.

Just for comparison: GMETID and Early Days had a shitload of surprises. Meanwhile, ME had 1: ATSS (SSOASS was expected).

Phantom of the Opera was not expected in 2012-2014 and there were several songs that had not been played live for 20+ years, as was also the case on the SBIT tour in 2008.

:lol: For fuck's sake, the last time Children of the Damned was a played throughout one full blown world tour was in 1986/1987!!! Sure, they played it at some gigs in 2002, 2007, and 2009 but those were quite limited runs of dates.

Powerslave had been played more often since the reunion (1999 and 2008/2009), but never on an album tour.

Phantom of the Opera was not expected in 2012-2014 and there were several songs that had not been played live for 20+ years, as was also the case on the SBIT tour in 2008.

On Maiden England? No. Only ATSS, Prisoner and SSOASS weren't played for more than 20 years. And the last 2 were expected.

On Maiden England? No. Only ATSS, Prisoner and SSOASS weren't played for more than 20 years. And the last 2 were expected.

Therefore, several (i.e. more than 2 but not many) songs had not been played for quite some time. ;)

That being said, the Maiden England setlist could have been better replacing songs that were not played on the SSOASS tour (e.g. Aces High) with some of the rarities that made it to the original Maiden England video (Still Life being the rarest of all!).

Last edited:
Therefore, several (i.e. more than 2 but not many) songs had not been played for quite some time. ;)

That being said, the Maiden England setlist could have been better replacing songs that were not played on the SSOASS tour (e.g. Aces High) with some of the rarities that made it to the original Maiden England video (Still Life being the rarest of all!).

I have to admit, the ME tour remains my least favorite tour that I have seen them on. I loved the performances (apart from Aces High) but they missed a great opportunity to play lots of rare classics from the original concert video. Where has Killers been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back