Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.eonmusic.co.uk/steve-harris-eonmusic-interview-august-2017.html

Are The Clansman, Lord of the Flies or Sign of the Cross, in the same category as Burning Ambition? I don't think so.

No they are not. But there is also the fact that Bruce probably doesn't want to sing songs from the era when he wasn't in the band (apart from few exceptions) and there are 12 albums he recorded with the band to choose from.

That said, I would love to hear Bruce's favourite 3 DiAnno tracks live with him: Killers, Murders In The Rue Morgue and Prodigal Son.

No they are not. But there is also the fact that Bruce probably doesn't want to sing songs from the era when he wasn't in the band (apart from few exceptions) and there are 12 albums he recorded with the band to choose from.

That said, I would love to hear Bruce's favourite 3 DiAnno tracks live with him: Killers, Murders In The Rue Morgue and Prodigal Son.

Is this really are the 3 favorite songs from Di'Anno era for Bruce ? Prodigal Son, what !!! :confused: that's the worst Maiden song for me ! Killers is ok , maybe he like the screams at the start :D MITRM - is a good song , but why don't have a solo on it ! I'm pretty sure that Wrathchild is one of his favorites ! and Phantom of the Opera - since he stated that on the Early Days tour: ''If you don't like this song, you don't like Iron Maiden'' ! Running Free, Sanctuary - these songs were part of the Maiden set for so many years, and probably Bruce love them ! also I think everyone in the band likes Prowler, and the song is not played as often as we all except, which is sad. One of the best Maiden songs for sure ! Is Bruce said that on some interview or ?

Last edited:
These 3 songs that you pointed are very ''rare'' in the Maiden setlists !

Killers is played only in: IM,K,TBOTR,STOAST,EH tours - not so ''rare'', but I would say that not going to return to the set !
Murders In The Rue Morgue is played only in: K,TBOTR,WS,VIX and Early Days tours - not a song that they played so often ( on the Virtual XI World Tour was a big surprise :eek: ) Killers is more likely that MITRM !

Prodigal Son - the only song from Killers '81 that is not played live , for good if you ask me ! :confused: and the song is not in Maiden style ! also they don't have so many ballads ( no power-ballads like Wasting Love which is a superb song and a classic fro me :) )

Last edited:
Id ride the dog if they played Killer and Murders In The Rue Morgue.

And Killers wasn't played on the Early Days tour, much to my chagrin.

In the May 2017 issue of Metal Hammer there was a top 50 Maiden songs countdown, Steve commented on a few of them including the Clansman on which he said: 'Its a song I really loved playing love, I'd love to do that again.'

So he's clearly not implying that Blaze songs are out of the mix entirely (he says the same of Paschendale).

He said some of them may not be played again ... which means some may be played again. I doubt we will see more than 1 see the light of day on any given tour .. and more likely 0 on most tours.. but I would not be shocked if at least one of them makes the playlist at some point.

So, they excepción is the clansman? Would like to hear Lord of the flies, and rime will be a great comeback, I think they now the time is short and they need to take risks on the setlist

Why are you guys so high on Rime being played? Was there a sign, someone said in an interview or something? I always thought Rime was put to rest after the SBiT Tour.

Oh, and I decided: I'll go to Hannover. I still need to buy everything, I'll be able to do that only in december or january, so, unless they soldout the concert until there, I'm sure I'll go to Hannover. I would love to spend a weekend at the Firenze Rocks festival, and catch Maiden, Ozzy and Priest on the same weekend, but I know my budget will not allow. I'll go alone to Germany, most likely, and I'll repost this closer to the concert, but, if anyone here is going to that concert, I would certainly enjoy the company

Yeah if anything, I feel like with all the teasing FTGGOG is meant to be the big-name epic on this tour. Sure, they could easily fit a second one in there because the 80s tunes are probably shorter on average than the new stuff, but I don't know if Rime is really likely to be included either way. Bruce liking it does definitely improve its chances, though.

Yeah if anything, I feel like with all the teasing FTGGOG is meant to be the big-name epic on this tour. Sure, they could easily fit a second one in there because the 80s tunes are probably shorter on average than the new stuff, but I don't know if Rime is really likely to be included either way. Bruce liking it does definitely improve its chances, though.

What teasing? I feel like I've missed something.

What teasing? I feel like I've missed something.
The 13. 11. 2017 teaser has FTGGOG on it.

I think they could play both FTGGOG and Rime in the same set. They played TRATB and TBOS on the last tour, which together are basicly the same length as FTGGOG and Rime.

But that would eliminate any other longer songs as The Clansman.

The 13. 11. 2017 teaser has FTGGOG on it.

I think they could play both FTGGOG and Rime in the same set. They played TRATB and TBOS on the last tour, which together are basicly the same length as FTGGOG and Rime.

But that would eliminate any other longer songs as The Clansman.

Yes, but that only worked because TRATB was a good fit at the beginning of the set. TBOS was the unanimous epic in the center of the setlist, just like FTGGOG and Rime was at their respective tours. The only way I could see this working without interrupting the flow of the setlist is if they play Rime, Powerslave, a quick and short song (something like Wasted Years or Coming Home) and FTGGOG, following by the dynamic duo FOTD and Iron Maiden. I can't see either Rime or FTGGOG being played as the 4th ot 5th son on a set, like TRATB was.

Rime would make more sense considering the 80s vibe, FTGGOG would make sense considering the game (theorically, they should play something from AMOLAD, if the game is more than an excuse)

Yes, but that only worked because TRATB was a good fit at the beginning of the set. TBOS was the unanimous epic in the center of the setlist, just like FTGGOG and Rime was at their respective tours. The only way I could see this working without interrupting the flow of the setlist is if they play Rime, Powerslave, a quick and short song (something like Wasted Years or Coming Home) and FTGGOG, following by the dynamic duo FOTD and Iron Maiden. I can't see either Rime or FTGGOG being played as the 4th ot 5th son on a set, like TRATB was.

Rime would make more sense considering the 80s vibe, FTGGOG would make sense considering the game (theorically, they should play something from AMOLAD, if the game is more than an excuse)

Powerslave will almost certainly not be played. But if we model the set after TBOS tour (replacing songs with greatest hits songs) and put Rime and FTGGOG in TRATB and TBOS places, we can get something like this:

Moonchild (IESF)
2 Minutes To Midnight (SOL)
Revelations (COTD)
Brave New World (TOAC)
Rime Of The Acient Mariner (TRATB )
The Trooper
Stranger In A Strange Land (Powerslave)
Run To The Hills (DOG)
For The Greater Good Of God (TBOS)
Phantom Of The Opera (HBTN)
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

+3 encores (one of them TNOTB )

That would work.

Powerslave will almost certainly not be played. But if we model the set after TBOS tour (replacing songs with greatest hits songs) and put Rime and FTGGOG in TRATB and TBOS places, we can get something like this:

Moonchild (IESF)
2 Minutes To Midnight (SOL)
Revelations (COTD)
Brave New World (TOAC)
Rime Of The Acient Mariner (TRATB )
The Trooper
Stranger In A Strange Land (Powerslave)
Run To The Hills (DOG)
For The Greater Good Of God (TBOS)
Phantom Of The Opera (HBTN)
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

+3 encores (one of them TNOTB )

That would work.

First thing I thought it was about how Phantom would not follow FTGGOG, because of the lenght...until I remembered it's almost the same lenght of FOTD. I don't know why I keep thinking Phantom as a long song. Anyway, that's a good set, although I would sway Moonchild with Aces High at the encore. I seriously doubt Bruce can sing Aces High during the encore, considering his struggles in 2013/14, but Moonchild is an easier job (not easy, but easier), and Aces High follower by 2 Minutes is bread and butter, always go well. Revelations is a good choice for the band, and would fit the first narrative Rod brought to us.

I would still place Rime as the 9th/10th song, even if FTGGOG breaks the flow a little on the 5th. Rime feels more epic and gives the band more options at stage shenanigans than FTGGOG (FTGGOG is my favorite song on AMOLAD, let that be clear. I just feel Rime as Maiden's classic epic work).

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
Brave New World
For The Greater Good of God
The Trooper
Wicker Man (I'm almost certain about Wicker Man being played, and almost certain that, if something from SiT will make an appearance, it's Wasted Years)
Run to the Hills
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Phantom of the Opera
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

If you throw FTGGOG away, you can replace it with NOTB, throw Phantom on the encore and go with another song, probably the usual deep cut Maiden brings on history tours (ATSS on Maiden England), and there I'm still on the Clansman team.

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
Brave New World
The Number of the Beast
The Trooper
Wicker Man
Run to the Hills
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Wasted Years
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden