Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might be going to Tallin and one of Trieste/Zagreb gigs, most likely Zagreb, since it's cheaper and the weekend before Trieste is Beer And Flowers festival, where I need a few days after it to start functioning normally again :p .

"The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity."

What do you think that means? Will they have different themes? Maybe underworld theme for some songs, battlefield for some songs etc.

That would be incredible dull, given that they played those songs to death starting with the Somewhere Back In Time Tour.

If they won't redeem themselves by reviving long forgotten gems from the 80s like Killers, 22 Acacia Avenue, Flight of Icarus, Die With Your Boots On, Still Life, To Tame A Land, Sea of Madness, Stranger In A Strange Land or Infinite Dreams, this tour will be pointless in my opinion.

I agree entirely, my post was what I expect to see rather than what I'd love to see unfortunately. I reckon we will get a couple of deep cuts but honestly would be shocked if we see anything not played already by the post-reunion line up.

"The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity."

What do you think that means? Will they have different themes? Maybe underworld theme for some songs, battlefield for some songs etc.

Maybe they'll experiment with stage designs. Probably some gimmicks like rotating risers or something.

I agree entirely, my post was what I expect to see rather than what I'd love to see unfortunately.

I know. I am a bit underwhelmed by the press release content anyway, moreover that it seems that we may very well rule out a new album being shipped next year.

Ok, 80's set with some later songs, let's try an optimistic one...

Murders In The Rue Morgue
2 Minutes To Midnight
Brave New World
Phantom Of The Opera
The Trooper
22 Accacia Avenue
For The Greater Good Of God
Stranger In A Strange Land
Run To The Hills
Paschendale
The Number Of The Beast
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
------------------------------------
Be Quick Or Be Dead
The Evil That Men Do
Wasted Years

I think that the fact they listened to Nicko in 2016 and included TOAC in the set shows that it's a great possibility that 22AA or SIASL will return next year.

I also think that the symbols in the video have little or no relation to the set list. The biggest hint in that video could be FTGGOG. We need to see the official trailer for the tour. That one will probably include the serious hints.

The Wicker Man
2 Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
The Trooper
22 Acacia Avenue
Dance of Death
These Colours Don't Run
Phantom of the Opera
Brave New World
Run to the Hills
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast
The Evil That Men Do
Sanctuary

I am hyped... but again no arena date. Would like to go to hannover but i really hate open air / festival gigs.

Looking at the touring schedule I think it's possible they will add second nights in Helsinki, Paris and London.

Well, if we take each symbol, most aren't beyond the realms of possibility.
Lord if the Flies and The Clansman are certainly the most likely Blaze era songs (I reckon Bruce has a veto on singing the word 'lunchbox' ever again). Icarus would be a real surprise.
But.
What is the thing above POM Eddie? That winged creature. Is it...no, it couldn't be. But what if it was? Could it be an Angel? Looks pretty upright (ie unfallen) to me. Hmmmmm.
Theres also a light switch to the left (as you look at it) of the centre Edward. Lord of Light or Speed of Light? Hit the Lights?

tbh I feel a little bit disappointed with the tour announcement. If I was the manager I would scrap the history tours all together and have new albums out every second year ;) Then again what Rod said about their 'particular touring cycle' is true. What else should they have done with this history tour? A 90's themed tour would have been very criticised by the casual fans. Hopefully they will realise that by the time of the tour it's been over 15 years since they played any Blaze era material. Hoping for The Clansman or The Sign of the Cross!

I'm happy to see that the band tour so much following Bruce's illness. It would have been understandable if he wanted to pursue other interests in life.

#uroton19?

I'm very excited, though I most likely won't get to see them until 2019. All the setlist predictions are too optimistic though.

This is my official 100% correct way too early setlist prediction...

1. The Wickerman
2. Two Minutes to Midnight
3. Revelations
4. Wrathchild
5. Dance of Death
6. The Trooper
7. These Colours Don't Run
8. Can I Play With Madness?
9. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Evil That Men Do
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Run to the Hills
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
--
15. Number of the Beast
16. Wasted Years
17. Sanctuary

Rime is the one deep cut they will play, and no Hallowed due to legal issues.

This is really exciting news! Hopefully they come to the states at some point. Would LOVE to hear SIASL and Infinate Dreams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back