Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all do!
I don't. There are so many songs I want to hear instead of Alexander the Great. Only from SIT there are a few tunes I'd take over it. It seems like the song gets more and more popular every tour they don't play it.

It’d probably help its chances if they had a product tie-in.

New from Robinson’s summer 2018: ALExander the Great!
Or maybe a special Alexander the Aircraft Carrier.

"He cut the knot, now he's a-usin' 'em!"

If they're really doing a lot of Piece of Mind material, I hope they do some throwbacks to the stage outfits from the time:

brucedickinson.jpg

#bringbackthespandex

Hey I just remembered old people used to tell us kids don't go to bed in speedos even if they're fully dry, cause your skin can't breathe.
I wonder what decades of spandex pants do to your, uhm, "skin"...

Where is the information that they will play a lot of Piece of Mind from?
Well, FOI and WED were rumoured by Nicko. FOI is also featured in the artwork. Revelations is also featured in the artwork. Add the mainstay, Trooper and you have 4 POM songs.

I’m assuming The Trooper and Revelations will be in the set. Revelations is a favorite for history tours and hasn’t been on the set in awhile (it was only played on the last leg of Maiden England if I’m not mistaken). It seems like Icarus is a strong possibility (although not the sure thing that people are making it out to be) and Where Eagles Dare is starting to seem plausible as well. Die With Your Boots on is another history tour favorite that wouldn’t be a surprising inclusion. At that point about half of the album is represented.

It’s also Piece of Mind’s 35th anniversary. Maiden don’t usually do much with anniversaries but there seemed to be emphasis on that and Seventh Son in the tour artwork and both albums are having anniversaries this year. So maybe there’s something to it.

aces high
two minutes to midnight
revelations
flight of icarus
brave new world
for the greater good of god
run to the hills
rime of the uncient mariner
the clansman
stranger in a strange land
the evil that men do
fear of the dark
iron maiden
------------
be quick or be dead
number of the beast
halowed be thy name

....another new prediction for me

aces high
two minutes to midnight
revelations
flight of icarus
brave new world
for the greater good of god
run to the hills
rime of the uncient mariner
the clansman
stranger in a strange land
the evil that men do
fear of the dark
iron maiden
------------
be quick or be dead
number of the beast
halowed be thy name

....another new prediction for me
this seems plausible. except for ROTAM and Clansman and FTGGOG. all 3 of those are unlikely. maybe 1 and outside 2

I’m assuming The Trooper and Revelations will be in the set. Revelations is a favorite for history tours and hasn’t been on the set in awhile (it was only played on the last leg of Maiden England if I’m not mistaken). It seems like Icarus is a strong possibility (although not the sure thing that people are making it out to be) and Where Eagles Dare is starting to seem plausible as well. Die With Your Boots on is another history tour favorite that wouldn’t be a surprising inclusion. At that point about half of the album is represented.

It’s also Piece of Mind’s 35th anniversary. Maiden don’t usually do much with anniversaries but there seemed to be emphasis on that and Seventh Son in the tour artwork and both albums are having anniversaries this year. So maybe there’s something to it.
Maiden don't do anniversarys. AMOTB was the exception and that one was pathetic, but that was announced. This time there is no focus on one or two albums. From Piece of Mind we will get The Trooper, and I suppose one or two more. Flight of Icarus and/or Where Eagles Dare might get played, altough I won't be surprised if neither is in the setlist. Revelations is one song I was certain they would bring back, but that depends on WED and FOI. More than two songs from Piece of Mind would surprise, it will be hard to find room for it. You've got two Powerslave songs, three TNOTB songs, at least one from Iron Maiden and at least one from Seventh Son + five from 1990-2015... Maybe there is room for three POM songs after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back